Shrouded Isles - Out in November

D

DeSlisser

Shrouded Isle will hit the stores in the US in mid-November. At least that is said in this article on the expansion. This sounds good. With some luck we here in europe might be able to get it at the end of Januari at the earliest. ( <-- a rough estimation by an outsider)

Tho what concerns me is the stated system requirement. Geforce 3 and 4 or equivalent.
In order to play Shrouded Isles, you'll need a current-generation 3D accelerated video card that supports the new DirectX 8.2 feature set. Any of the new GeForce 3 or 4 video cards, or the latest ATI Radeon cards will work. As we get closer to release we'll post a list of supported video cards on this web site soon.

I for one don't have such a video card. And i bet a lot of players don't have one as well. I hope this statement isn't accurate and Geforce 2 will be able to support the expansion aswell. Big downer for me. Time to save some serious money then. On the other hand new games might pop-up by then. Ah well lets wait and see. We euro-players proved we are a patient lot already. Another six months won't matter... does it?

Edit: I have no idea if this article and/or it's statements come from a Mythic representative.

O

old.Raziel

Well if u have to have a geforce 3 or 4 they can shove it, even tho im going to buy one soon, so by the time we get it here, i will have one, but if i dont, there is no way i would buy one just to play there crappy game, i'll find something else.

saying that i having been looking for something else for ages, but SB is due for november :) so geforce 3 or not, i still wont buy it :)

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

IMO X-pac wont be out for a lot longer in the usa . reason i think not is because has anybody actually seen any advertising for it ? i aint seen any screenshots or nothing . hence my only thoughts are they aint ready or they would be marketing it and advertising it to bring more customers to daoc .

anouncing a release date is just a plot imo to keep people intesrested in daoc because of the upcomming release of swg , cos they will lose a hella lot of customers when that is released . and press statement of a x-pac release will prolly keep a lot more folks at daoc a bit longer till they ready for proper release . i dont except x-pac untill at earliest jan/feb next year .

T

Troryn

if the 2 screenshots from the article are ingame gfx then they are about ready, first time I see long shadows on a character

M

Mousey

I am confused by all this technical stuff... will a TNT 2 work it?
Thanks

P

- Pathfinder -

If it's correct that you'll need a GeForce 3/4 or ATI equivalent, a TNT2 will not run it. It seems rather high though, given that the GeForce 2 is decent still. Guess we'll have to see :)

G

Gef

I for one am glad they have upped the spec, a lot of new games are doing this now. They have to to make things progress, look at Doom 3 ffs! They think even a top end GF4 will struggle with it! Okay so it wont be out for at least a year (maybe more) but god damn you should see the graphics!

Anyway you can buy a low end GF3/4 for less than £100, and by the time of release that price will be lowered considerably. You buy an expansion pack to improve the graphics yet, your not willing to buy the hardware to improve the graphics.

Only thing I hope that do I fix that f***ing memory leak!

C

[Cerebus]

......HyBrasil?

That is THE worst name they could have picked. Should be awsome though.

G

Gef

Are they the only screenshots that are out?

C

[Cerebus]

They look like normal screenshots don't they?

P

- Pathfinder -

The shadows are longer, and the trees seem to look somehwat better. CBA studying them though :)

1234Taz

This is the only SS you'll find of the next Gfx engine cuz some gay mag got the rights to show them first and still havnt.

game_screen001.jpg

game_screen002.jpg

P

- Pathfinder -

Water looks quite ok as well. Is that using the GF4 specifics?

C

[Cerebus]

So, water and shadows.......cool. :p

No, they do look better and I suppose these aren't the finished product either. Well, I hope they aren't.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

HyBrasil... *snicker*
I don't know... the name makes me think of a south american drug shipping company...

And being a treeman. Wow...*cough* NERF AXES!!!

C

[Cerebus]

Here at HyBrasil, we pride ourselves on creating the purest cocaine possible.

Hey, <insert cheesy smile> When you need that smooth Brazillian High, you know you need HyBrasil.

(Available at all good drug dealers, can cause your nose to be fucked and your eyes to pop)

C

Cerverloc

The screenshots show some sweet graphics.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
Here at HyBrasil, we pride ourselves on creating the purest cocaine possible.

Hey, <insert cheesy smile> When you need that smooth Brazillian High, you know you need HyBrasil.

(Available at all good drug dealers, can cause your nose to be fucked and your eyes to pop)

Hmmm... can't you just imagine the different Siabra gangs battling it out... distribution rights and such... I mean a REAL drugwar.

Ride by shootings and such.

Don Shorty, the Lurikeen drug overlord of Mag Mell, sitting in front of his favorite bar... a distant clatter of hooves, slowly getting louder and louder - then TWANG!
Don Shorty keels over - an arrow in his forehead...

The rp-ing possibilities!
GOA proudly introducing: The Medellin Campaign!

C

[Cerebus]

Cerebus : Do you have a task?

Meara : <sniff> Yeah sure, it's erm <sniff> good to see people erm <sniff> helping out in the realm. Go erm <sniff> kill a badger or something <sniff>

K

Kagato.

What do people think to the new races in the game though ?

The new hib race makes sense really and is in keeping with the nature.
The new midgard race doesn't sound like anything new, just seems like that silly bear form thing without all the changing in the first place.

As for the new albion race I personally don't like the sound of it, judging from the description its going to be way to different from any of the 4 distinctly human races we have. If we wanted ugly weirdo's running around we'd play in hibernia lol.

Have to admit that the stories behind it revolving around Avalon is quite nice though, got to give them credit for that.

O

old.Zepra

I'd say that by the time we get the expansion you will get a decent enough GF3 card for not very much.

W

wolvon fury

Well, by the time its out,

It have gone passed Chrismas, so you can kindly ask father chrismas for a gf4 :p

Also hope they add better armor effects, like Dragon Scale armor,

Or rusty armor or even blood stained armor

G

Gef

I think we should be able to get nakked too :whip:

C

[Cerebus]

Bet you didn't know that Mythic had made Avalon before they released the game.

Realising that people might jump to the conclusion that Mythic love Albion more, they decided to take the city out because it would have been unfair for you to have two major cities. That's why somewhere, you have a massive empty plot of land that looks like a good place to put a city. :)

O

old.Tohtori

*Looks at the screenshot with, gasp, shadows*

Ooooh....

*Looks at the other screenshot with, oh my god!, shadows and water!*

Aaaah....

I'm impressed...really..no...there's no sarcasm here. None! I'm serious. :p

Could they show us something..well..new?

L

logan6

lots of U.S. albs always complain because albion has no small race, now they get what they deserve :)
To me the inconnu sound fine, but i would rather like to see underground dwelling humas i.e. Albinos in Albion :)

Screenshots look fine!

O

old.Velo

Didnt mythic say that the water would refelct trees etc and the armour would be more reflective...
i must say that swg's water looks beter...

but then again, this is daoc :)

oh well its just beta pics

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
......HyBrasil?

That is THE worst name they could have picked. Should be awsome though.

That'd be a mythical celtic island :)

O

old.tRoG

how the hell am i gonna run that on a 500mhz athlon + voodoo 3?!

it looks pretty darn sweet though.

i think the new midgard stuff, well, it sucks.

an apeman? wtf? surely the obvious choice would be to give us a caster race, like a svartalf maybe, not a bloody troll clone...

well, so far its surpassing my expectations in graphics, but boy is it crap in new content...

my god. i just whined. maybe i should move to the vnboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom