Shrooming in DF

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Quote from official site:
"If you're an Animist, we remind you that it is forbidden to put mushrooms on the third step of an enemy entrance in Darkness Falls. If you don't respect that, besides the little respect you show to your adversaries, you will be liable yourself to sanctions from our part. "

Out of interest, how will it be possible for GoA to tell who laid a string of mushrooms on the Forbidden Step ?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Server logs?.

Shroomerofdoom casts a spell!. Out pops a shroom!.

Etc :p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Quote from official site:
"If you're an Animist, we remind you that it is forbidden to put mushrooms on the third step of an enemy entrance in Darkness Falls. If you don't respect that, besides the little respect you show to your adversaries, you will be liable yourself to sanctions from our part. "

Out of interest, how will it be possible for GoA to tell who laid a string of mushrooms on the Forbidden Step ?

damage spam -> death spam -> server logs.... ban stick

:m00:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
scorge said:
damage spam -> death spam -> server logs.... ban stick

unless you get +25 dex and quickness overcap, then you can evade the ban stick wahooo1!!!!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
unless you get +25 dex and quickness overcap, then you can evade the ban stick wahooo1!!!!

Like you avoiding Jupitus's multi-ban-stick of sky-falling-inducing doom?.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Another classic, banning people for a "bug" that they know full well is there but cba to remove. If GoA dont like people doing it, take it out the bloody game. Its like emote spamming, emotes are there to be used, if you dont want people to use them without getting banned than put a restriction on the amount they can do or remove them totally. Useless bloody lazy bastards they are.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
so, your solution to randomlittleshitenumber19 immaturely spamming /rude at anyone he sees is to remove the emote system?

How about we ban all cars to stop the problems of joyriding and drunk driving....

That said, a flood limit on /emote (like there is on /yell or /say) would be good. Just need mythic to code it unfortunately.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
Another classic, banning people for a "bug" that they know full well is there but cba to remove. If GoA dont like people doing it, take it out the bloody game. Its like emote spamming, emotes are there to be used, if you dont want people to use them without getting banned than put a restriction on the amount they can do or remove them totally. Useless bloody lazy bastards they are.

then again why do car manufactures make cars that go over 70mph when they know that is breaking the law... bloody lotus... :twak:

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
aye not every country has a speed limit of 70mph ^^

As for the shroom on 3rd step, lmao... as someone already said, instead of them warning people & threatening to hit ppl with the ban stick, why cant they get the stick from up there asses & remove the bug!? & while they're at it they could remove the other 1001 exploits too that people get banned for if they *abuse* them...even though its goa's/mythics cock up in the 1st place for the expolits being there ...toss pots.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
That said, a flood limit on /emote (like there is on /yell or /say) would be good. Just need mythic to code it unfortunately.

Why would mythic code something they dont see as an offence? the frog eaters do. for some reason

I spoke to CSR´s Ingame and multiple emotes are no offence. If you run around stalking someone and keep flodding him thats another thing but man do the US players laugh when I tell em goa bans for 5 emotes in a row :D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
If I was a payer in DF who didn't regularly read the GOA website, how would I know i was breaching a rule of the game by shrooming on a step? The game lets me, what am i doing wrong?

People are not psychic.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Like police and customs refusing to talk english then you get rly furious. Wierdos

thats wales for you, funny lot they are.... :m00:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Chimaira said:
Why would mythic code something they dont see as an offence? the frog eaters do. for some reason

I spoke to CSR´s Ingame and multiple emotes are no offence. If you run around stalking someone and keep flodding him thats another thing but man do the US players laugh when I tell em goa bans for 5 emotes in a row :D
Not true. You don't get banned for 5 emotes in a row. You do get a warning or a suspension for repeatedly flooding (anything, not just emotes) as outlined in the Code of Conduct. This is also an offence in Mythic's CoC as well. I guess you perhaps didn't explain it too well.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
well Requiel i to play usa now and ive spoken to many players about the emote spamming they say that they have never heard of anyone getting banned or suspended about it im just saying as i think emote spamming /rude and /laugh (cough*Horner*cough) is just for imature players

IainC

Tallen said:
If I was a payer in DF who didn't regularly read the GOA website, how would I know i was breaching a rule of the game by shrooming on a step? The game lets me, what am i doing wrong?

People are not psychic.
That's why we tell you so that you'd know. Ignorance is not a defence and if people don't bother to read the website that's not our problem. It's like saying 'I didn't read the CoC, I didn't know radar was against the rules'.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:

People are not psychic.

If I'm not wrong the game doesn't let you, you have to abuse a bug to be able to cast on the 3rd step...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
If I'm not wrong the game doesn't let you, you have to abuse a bug to be able to cast on the 3rd step...

what he is saying is if you dont read the GoA news or FH how do you know that you are exploiting a bug, unless a Gm tells you?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
what he is saying is if you dont read the GoA news or FH how do you know that you are exploiting a bug, unless a Gm tells you?

You haven't actually understood what i was saying, you have to exploit a bug first to be able to cast there...if you stand normally and try to cast you will get line of sight issues...So before being able to abuse a bug (casting on 3rd step) you have to abuse another bug (to be able to cast there). And you can't blame anyone else for that.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
That's why we tell you so that you'd know. Ignorance is not a defence and if people don't bother to read the website that's not our problem. It's like saying 'I didn't read the CoC, I didn't know radar was against the rules'.

Ignorance is not a defence, but neither is bad coding....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
You haven't actually understood what i was saying, you have to exploit a bug first to be able to cast there...if you stand normally and try to cast you will get line of sight issues...So before being able to abuse a bug (casting on 3rd step) you have to abuse another bug (to be able to cast there). And you can't blame anyone else for that.

that makes more sense :) and is a better indicator or bug abuse, i was thinking more of the lines that you didn't know it was a bug, you just thought you wear in a "lucky" spot, not that yo had to abuse a bug to get there in the first place.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
that makes more sense :) and is a better indicator or bug abuse, i was thinking more of the lines that you didn't know it was a bug, you just thought you wear in a "lucky" spot, not that yo had to abuse a bug to get there in the first place.

The full text about this "bug abuse" on GOA's website:

Notice about a dangerous practice in Darkness Falls
It seems like a little reminder is necessary to avoid a misunderstanding that regularly comes back about mushroom beds in Darkness Falls.
Indeed, when the Hibernians make their way through Darkness Falls to attack enemy entrances we sometimes see mushrooms growing on the highest of the three entrance steps. But there is no line of sight to this step when you are downstairs. Putting mushrooms on this step is only possible through the exploitation of a bug. Even if this bug is frequent and rarely troublesome when it happens somewhere else, it is extremely unfair for Midgard and Albion at this particular place.
If you're an Animist, we remind you that it is forbidden to put mushrooms on the third step of an enemy entrance in Darkness Falls. If you don't respect that, besides the little respect you show to your adversaries, you will be liable yourself to sanctions from our part.

It's what they say at least ;)

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Oh my god... so in order to play the game i HAVE to read the website ? Else i might get banned ? Where did I agree to that ?

And that is not like saying "i didn't read the coc..." coz u guys pointed that out often enough: all of us ACCEPT the CoC everytime we log in so we DID know radar was against the rules.
Reading the website is a whole different matter and can't be compared to the coc or eula...

I guess you will come up with another great reply telling us something like its in the best interest of the game and so whatever you do is ok...

Is it so hard to respect the ppl you reply to at least a little bit ? Not all of us are stupid kiddies looking for ways to abuse but we all are customers deserving a professional answer...

"not my problem" my ass, iam not sure where ur paycheck is coming from but the fact that u're posting here replying to this topic means that it IS your problem.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Not true. You don't get banned for 5 emotes in a row. You do get a warning or a suspension for repeatedly flooding (anything, not just emotes) as outlined in the Code of Conduct. This is also an offence in Mythic's CoC as well. I guess you perhaps didn't explain it too well.

Well Sir Requiel. I might add that I actually myself called a CSR ingame after getting spammed for 2 hours by this guy calling me things I cannot say on this forum in /S and also using surely 200-300 emotes to tick me off.

CSR reply: I see, Just move away from this person and try to ignore him, If that doesnt work please tell him to stop. If you have any further problems contact a CSR again. Thanks for playing Dark age of Camelot

IainC

Celestino said:
Oh my god... so in order to play the game i HAVE to read the website ? Else i might get banned ? Where did I agree to that ?

And that is not like saying "i didn't read the coc..." coz u guys pointed that out often enough: all of us ACCEPT the CoC everytime we log in so we DID know radar was against the rules.
Reading the website is a whole different matter and can't be compared to the coc or eula...

I guess you will come up with another great reply telling us something like its in the best interest of the game and so whatever you do is ok...

Is it so hard to respect the ppl you reply to at least a little bit ? Not all of us are stupid kiddies looking for ways to abuse but we all are customers deserving a professional answer...

"not my problem" my ass, iam not sure where ur paycheck is coming from but the fact that u're posting here replying to this topic means that it IS your problem.
You agreed to it where it says ' Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults.' You'll note that there isn't a list of all the possible bugs or exploits in the game and so to clear up confusion we post information about bugs that players may encounter without realising that they are in fact bugs. We post it on our site as official notice that this is considered abuse, we can't make people read it but if they don't that's not our responsibility, we've taken reasonable steps to make them aware of it and if they can't be bothered to read then that is their problem. All players are encouraged to read the official site reasonably regularly as we often make announcements there which may have consequences for players in game.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe u got this wrong, my post was not about ppl using bugs but about the answers u give...

You could have pointed out that all the announcement did was warn ppl but instead u came up with another "players fault, i don't care" reply

Iam talking about professionalism. You keep up with those clever replies pointing out ur right all others are wrong and its never your problem instead of just doing good support, helping players, explaining things.

There is the Goa GM way:
"If people don't bother to read the website that's not our problem"
and there is a polite way replying something like:
"Its recommended to check the website so ppl read those reminders to avoid receiving warnings for such abuses"

I know, its 13 vs 18 words but its not that hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom