Show Your Support

P

Pippa666

Ok folks, here goes….

In a bid to try to get people on the TFC Barrysworld Public/Community servers I’m arranging a game of TFC on server 213.221.174.35:27016 for Wednesday 18th December at approx 9.00pm GMT.
For all those people (subscribers only) who would like to see the servers occupied once again please show your support and join us.
We also now have a channel on irc #bwtfc For those of you who wish to pop in for a chat or meet up before the game feel free, or maybe just join the game if you prefer.
Please show your support, these servers have been empty for far too long and with a small amount of effort off people we could get them going again :)

Pip x

L

lojik

Wont be there myself as I dont play TFC, but I do wish you luck. Would be great to see all the BW servers used again, just not too optimistic about it happening any time soon.

P

PR.

I shall be there hopefully, I haven't played TFC for years

M

Mellow-

I hate to say it again, but people who play TFC would be looking at the TFC forums. :rolleyes:

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Mellow-
I hate to say it again, but people who play TFC would be looking at the TFC forums. :rolleyes:

And possibly the General forums.

P

Pro]v[etheus

Originally posted by Mellow-

Give that man a peanut :rolleyes:

S

Scooba Da Bass

He's right tho, you have a forum for this kinda thing, and just like the newbies get flamed to high fuckity for posting about half life maps, post in the right forums, it just makes everything a lot easier.

P

Pippa666

I know there is a forum for this kinda thing and I've posted there too, however, this way I thought it might reach a few more ppl and considering I'm doing my bit to try to get folk back on the servers..........

*wonders if im forgiven for cross posting*

W

Will

Am I turning into the forum police here?

Pippa is working hard to help out a game she enjoys playing, but which has suffered badly since the start of Pay to Play. I think she deserves a little slack for trying to bring the game to the attention of people who don't looking in the Halflife forum, maybe because they haven't played for a few years.

As for newbie flaming, it used to be a bit of a sport for some people, but forum goers seem to spend half their time complaining about the number of players on the servers, and the other half shooting people down for posting in the wrong place. Very often the people doing the shooting aren't paid members, while the "newbies" have paid up, helping keep Barrysworld going. If it wasn't for Pay to Play, this forum wouldn't exist.

On top of that, do you think the coporate minds at Game will still allow non-subscribers to post if it puts off the new people? I think not.

I forgive you Pippa;)

C

.Cask

Been meaning to join one of your TFC games for ages now. Remembering how much fun I used to have playing it.

Only prob is I have a fkin awful memory, but will hopefully remember in time for dustbowl.

G

Gumbo

I also have participated in a couple of Pippas organized games of TFC, and I can safely report its a bloody good laugh, and owing to it's slightly selective availability, (ie you have to read the forums to know it's on), It is not largely populated by idiots as so many online games are.

I'm not a regular TFC player, wouldn't play anywhere else, but have had a real laugh with some of the guys and gals from these forums.

As for posting here, I don't have a problem with it if it helps to get some people onto the servers, who wouldn't normally even look in the hl forum(s). We need people to be a bit more community oriented, and willing to put some effort in. BW is after all a GSP and if no-ones playing games on it it will have lost its raison detre.

S

S-Gray

Yeah, i hate playing TFC on Public Servers, because it just scares me, so many rules and regulations im scared to do somethin wrong.

But i only play with people i know (Mostly [ROT]) so may give this a go.... as long as you dont frighten me with your ub3r1337 skillz ;)

M

mank!

I'll try and make it, TFC was a good laugh back when I played it. :)

P

Pippa666

Just bringing this back to the top..all in the name of advertising ;)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Pippa must have magic juice or something.

Cross threading and it worked!

:D

hf gl.

P

Pro]v[etheus

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
Pippa must have magic juice or something.

Cross threading and it worked!

:D

hf gl.

You're telling me she's got magic juice <weg> ;)

M

Mellow-

Girls (or women if you're being picky) either get treated really well or insulted for being an online gamer.

Which is exactly the same as the males get.

Equal rights is reached. Lets have no more hairy legged feminists please.

P

Pippa666

Just bringing this back to the top to catch ppls attention :)

In a bid to try to get people on the TFC Barrysworld Public/Community servers I’m arranging a game of TFC on server 213.221.174.35:27016 for Wednesday 18th December at approx 9.00pm GMT.
For all those people (subscribers only) who would like to see the servers occupied once again please show your support and join us.
We also now have a channel on irc #bwtfc For those of you who wish to pop in for a chat or meet up before the game feel free, or maybe just join the game if you prefer.
Please show your support, these servers have been empty for far too long and with a small amount of effort off people we could get them going again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom