Football Should we pull out of FIFA until they get their house in order?

Should we pull out of FIFA until they get their house in order?

• Total voters

Marc

FH is my second home
Wonder if Panorama has pulled out of fifa yet hurr hurr

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You what?? Read again, the fa has less influence than it thinks.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You what?? Read again, the fa has less influence than it thinks.

I did misread, apologies but I think they have got it wrong (BBC). The FA holds the rights to the most sought after league in the world, The Premiership. If they took the plunge and made a stand I am sure that many others would follow. It only takes one to start the ball rolling, it is just waiting to roll off into the distance. FIFA is fucked.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I did misread, apologies but I think they have got it wrong (BBC). The FA holds the rights to the most sought after league in the world, The Premiership. If they took the plunge and made a stand I am sure that many others would follow. It only takes one to start the ball rolling, it is just waiting to roll off into the distance. FIFA is fucked.

Yes the FA holds the rights to the worlds most popular league but beyond the symbolic nature of pulling out it doesn't really affect FIFA if no one else follows, remember FIFA makes most of its money from the WCs.

I also think people should actually consider the sheer scale of what a pull out might mean, has everyone really thought of the interconnects between the various organisations....the visible and the possible hidden ones.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Yes but one of the biggest FA's in the world pullling out would have a big PR effect, and would again raise serious questions with the sponsors.

When you get people like Adidas coming out in the press with "concerns" over the current situation you know its a problems as it will start to effect the bottom line, profit.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I don't see the FA having the balls any way, even though they are technically one of the best placed leagues to do such a move.

Sadly have to agree, mostly spineless old men in grey suits.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes but one of the biggest FA's in the world pullling out would have a big PR effect, and would again raise serious questions with the sponsors.

When you get people like Adidas coming out in the press with "concerns" over the current situation you know its a problems as it will start to effect the bottom line, profit.

And if all the home nations pull out then it isn't just the English anymore, also the Americans are mighty annoyed as well because they bid and spent money but had no chance from the start. Australia want their $48 million back on the same basis.

The dam will break, we just need a big enough crack.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
get Association Football copyrighted as a brand like Cornish Pasties and Melton Mowbray Pork Pies then tell FIFA.. you can have your world cup where ever you want but you cant play football in it.

its an absolute mess atm.

I really can see a MASSIVE split

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would think our FA would be working behind the scenes with other FAs to find out if anyone else will split away. If they could get all the nations involved in Uefa to break away you put next seasons Champions League and Europa League in doubt and money talks more than anything else.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes but that money isn't something FIFA gets, most of it tends to go to the clubs.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No. The FA isn't run well enough to leverage a pull out into something wider, with more countries following suit. There's very little intelligence, and next to no charisma, within the halls of the FA to make it work. If UEFA did it, that would be a different story, and I think most of the European leagues would follow Platini if he staged a walk-out. As Emb said, other federations might get pissy about it as some kind of neo-colonial thing, but whether they like it or not, all the real money is in Europe.

DaGaffer

So the English FA are criticised by delegates for being divisive in trying to get the allegations against Blatter even investigated? People from the the Congo and Cyprus? (wonder where they stand on the corrupt country index?) What a farce.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

DaGaffer

Julio Grondona said:
"But with the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

So he admits asking for a bribe? A really, really, massive bribe, but a bribe nonetheless?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
So he admits asking for a bribe? A really, really, massive bribe, but a bribe nonetheless?

It's fucking stupid, the vice president admitting to asking for a bribe for his vote.

And it highlights why Fifa is broken, it's as bad as the eurovision song contest.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Fifa will pay it off as England being bitter about losing the bid that's why England standing on their own will never be enough.

bainteor

Banned
Blatter's confidence and arrogance is disgusting. He knows nobody can touch him.

Corran

Part of the furniture
hahaha, surely that is enough for the ethics committee to get involved. That a clear case of attempted bribery fully admitted by the person involved. But nothing will happen, corrupt shity organisation closing up ranks and dont want change

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Blatter's confidence and arrogance is disgusting. He knows nobody can touch him.

Too much dirt on too many people, just like Havalange he has kept a little black book on all the crooks and they know that without his protection they are going to jail.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Really hope the FA doesn't build bridges until the other bank (FIFA) is actually sorted enough to enable a proper bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom