Football Should we pull out of FIFA until they get their house in order?

Should we pull out of FIFA until they get their house in order?

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Poll on the radio. Wondering what you lot think in the light of the corruption at football's governing body. Are the presidential elections a joke? Should we have given into the bribes and stood a better chance of hosting the World Cup? Should there be more transparency & accountability @ FIFA?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yes. Something needs to happen for them to sort their shit out, something big. Other countries will follow and in all probability FIFA will have to roll over and it'll be sorted by the next world cup. Fucking corrupt twats even now trying to pretend nothing is wrong despite new allegations of corruption every week.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
you got to be pretty naive if you think the premier league is any better, the only people who would lose out by us pulling out is us...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If how we played last time is anything to go by (is it?) we got about as much chance as winning the WC as Zoo readers opening up their magazine to find 14 pages of Pippa Middleton naked. New squad, get rid of Fabio, we might have a chance.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
you got to be pretty naive if you think the premier league is any better, the only people who would lose out by us pulling out is us...

Actually the leagues are far more transparent than FIFA.

As to the poll, we shouldn't pull out. There has to be a consensus from the worlds biggest FA's to initiate review and change. Pulling out of FIFA only fragments football.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually the leagues are far more transparent than FIFA.

As to the poll, we shouldn't pull out. There has to be a consensus from the worlds biggest FA's to initiate review and change. Pulling out of FIFA only fragments football.

Doesn't the UK hold 50% of the voting rights? ie England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland... Or is that only for votes pertaining to change the rules of football?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Poll on the radio. Wondering what you lot think in the light of the corruption at football's governing body. Are the presidential elections a joke? Should we have given into the bribes and stood a better chance of hosting the World Cup? Should there be more transparency & accountability @ FIFA?

Thread Prefixes FFS!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Rule changes only mate, yes.

The executive committee and the FIFA congress is what matters at the moment.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
To be honest, I much prefer finishing inside.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yes, aslong as other major nations do as well. Losing just England wont matter to them.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Rule changes only mate, yes.

The executive committee and the FIFA congress is what matters at the moment.

Ah, ok. Still I think that that Blatter needs to step down, more FA need to join the English and Scottish and voice their displeasure at what (from where I am sitting) seems to be a fucking corrupt committee.

At least the IOC sorted themselves out, why can't FIFA?

Embattle

FH is my second home
The argument would be if you've enough support to pull out surely you can gain enough support for change inside.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved

"We" as in the english FA shouldn't withdraw, "We" as in all/a lot of european FA's however should withdraw.

Danita

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
"We" as in the english FA shouldn't withdraw, "We" as in all/a lot of european FA's however should withdraw.

Danita

The home nations withdrawing may be enough, as the founder members and founding fathers of the game it sends a message that the organisation is rotten and something needs to change.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, the threat of withdrawal of such a large group of FA's is enough. The danger here is that at the moment FIFA protects it's members from government interference, what will happen when all the FA's are suddenly alone? I'm sure there are lots of financial implications to.

Embattle is right, if you have enough members willing to leave, you'd have enough to change things without leaving.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No, the threat of withdrawal of such a large group of FA's is enough. The danger here is that at the moment FIFA protects it's members from government interference, what will happen when all the FA's are suddenly alone? I'm sure there are lots of financial implications to.

Embattle is right, if you have enough members willing to leave, you'd have enough to change things without leaving.

Wrong. Totally.

You see the bulk of the votes lay with the block votes of Asia, the Americas and Africa. All will resist change. Europe needs to act and the rest will follow but Europe will not act as things stand. Therefore nations need to withdraw forcing a FIFA congress, that is the only way this can all change because it brings it all to a head and the other nations cannot ignore the issue at that point.

Trying to change it from inside will not work without massive pressure, any votes to get rid of Blatter at the moment will fail unless FIFA looks like losing major nations. This is why he wants to push the election through now, force his re-election while he still has enough support, the longer this runs the weaker he will get. England need to be brave and withdraw, the message it sends will be enough to finish Blatter.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The Asian votes are divided over the way they perceive Bin Hamman has been treated, Blazer and Warner have split the Americas vote. I don't see any of the big European FA's (barring France probably) supporting Blatter now.

No FA should even threaten to pull out until after events have unfolded on Wednesday.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The Asian votes are divided over the way they perceive Bin Hamman has been treated, Blazer and Warner have split the Americas vote. I don't see any of the big European FA's (barring France probably) supporting Blatter now.

No FA should even threaten to pull out until after events have unfolded on Wednesday.

Afaik neither Spain, Germany or Italy have spoken out from the top. However if the biggest league in the world acts others will follow and that is all it will take for those three to follow suit.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Afaik neither Spain, Germany or Italy have spoken out from the top. However if the biggest league in the world acts others will follow and that is all it will take for those three to follow suit.

Have to agree with this. If England pull out, Scotland may follow, they have voiced their displeasure. After all this piece of rock is the birthplace of football as we know it.

Once we go, others will think again.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The home nations withdrawing may be enough, as the founder members and founding fathers of the game it sends a message that the organisation is rotten and something needs to change.

Actually to a lot of others there is every chance it'll be spun into football imperialism.

I'm also not convinced there is really that much support from other European countries just yet.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
There have been rumblings in Germany - Beckenbaur is no fan of the executive committee by all accounts.

To be honest a lot of Europe's actions lie with what Platini wants, but he's not as stupid as the men in charge at FIFA. He's kept low and not got involved yet. I think it depends on whether he feels he'd have the backing to step up and win an election now if he ran.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Actually to a lot of others there is every chance it'll be spun into football imperialism.

I'm also not convinced there is really that much support from other European countries just yet.

I understand your point and some nations will view it that way but realistically the major nations like Germany/France/Italy/Brazil/Holland/Argentina will not allow that to happen. All have too strong a powerbase for any continent/nation to dictate the agenda fully.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
There have been rumblings in Germany - Beckenbaur is no fan of the executive committee by all accounts.

To be honest a lot of Europe's actions lie with what Platini wants, but he's not as stupid as the men in charge at FIFA. He's kept low and not got involved yet. I think it depends on whether he feels he'd have the backing to step up and win an election now if he ran.

As second in command at FIFA though Platini is partly culpable, that is why he is laying low. If he stood up and fought for change it would happen but then he would face pressure for the same changes at UEFA which he clearly does not want.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I do think someone needs to make the first move and get things changing, and who better to start the revolution than the home of football...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I do think someone needs to make the first move and get things changing, and who better to start the revolution than the home of football...

Revolution is exactly what needs to happen, evolution will just hide long standing problems and fix only the flaws that have been exposed to the public thus far.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
As second in command at FIFA though Platini is partly culpable, that is why he is laying low. If he stood up and fought for change it would happen but then he would face pressure for the same changes at UEFA which he clearly does not want.

I've never heard the same rumblings about UEFA though, all the nations seem happier with the bid process for the Euro's, and the changes UEFA have made to the rules have all been for the good in Platini's era. If there were issues with UEFA, then people with a grudge would have spoken out given what's happening at FIFA.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Whether other nations view it that way isn't something that bothers me but it will seep downwards to other fans, personally it doesn't bother me since you should do something because it is right but in the end you have to accept the consequences of being right in a den of thieves.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Revolution is exactly what needs to happen, evolution will just hide long standing problems and fix only the flaws that have been exposed to the public thus far.

I don't see the FA having the balls any way, even though they are technically one of the best placed leagues to do such a move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom