Should the United Kingdom join the Euro?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bankrupt? You are joking right? They are sat on a mountain of oil and natural gas they sell to European countries for huge profits. Those profits mean Russia is now cash rich, so rich infact that they are rebuilding thier strategic bomber force and upgrading a fuckload of tanks and artillery.

In 10 years time Russia will have a strangehold on Europe, 80% of our natural gas will come from them so if we don't play nice they will switch us off just like the did to Ukraine last year. Russia is rising, very very quickly. The worst part about it, we helped them do it by investing billions and billions into building thier energy extraction facilites and funding the search for new oil fields.

Frankly we signed our own deathwarrant economically.

The government and military maybe but the people are still piss poor

Pswoevgia

Banned
People obviously don't know what the consequences of leaving the EU are. Britain will be ever more dependant on the other European states as their economy keeps falling behind the rest of the world's.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
People obviously don't know what the consequences of leaving the EU are. Britain will be ever more dependant on the other European states as their economy keeps falling behind the rest of the world's.

LOL. I would suggest you check who has the strongest economy in the UK/European states.

Give you a clue, it begins with United.....

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
LOL. I would suggest you check who has the strongest economy in the UK/European states.

Give you a clue, it begins with United.....

The Euro zone is far ahead of UK economy... Why stay small when you can fight toe to toe with US and Japan?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Um, if you take the UK economy and compare it with any other individual state of the Europe you will find a startling picture.

That was that I was implying. Obviously the UK cannot compete against more than 10 countries!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thats not the point

Well it is the point. China and Russia direct more taxes to the military than to the people.

This means they care less about the people than they're own security.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Um, if you take the UK economy and compare it with any other individual state of the Europe you will find a startling picture.

That was that I was implying. Obviously the UK cannot compete against more than 10 countries!

I understood your point, but joining forces and economys strenghts would be a win win for everybody. Plus the weight that UE can have on internationals treaties, like commerce ones, would be higher and everyones on that zone would gain advantages.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'd like to stick with the £ too, cos if we change i'd need to buy a new keyboard, as i dont have that little euro symbol on mine :confused:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well it is the point. China and Russia direct more taxes to the military than to the people.

This means they care less about the people than they're own security.

No it isn't, they are poor, sure the large corps (which are mostly international anyway) are rich and the government are making a nice amount of tax but their actual national economy is rubbish, people in sweatshops everyone is poor and going nowhere. Not what I would call a "good" economy, if the people have no money and a shitty quality of life then I would call it a bad economy

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, back on topic. I love a eurointernetteen as much as the next man but I think we should fuck Europe off, we did much better on our own when we actually had industry and exported stuff all over the world, not because it was cheap like China but because it was the best.

This country is losing its identity the young people couldn't give a shit, rude little twats. Little turds want to be sent to a colony. If you are to lazy to work then you can fuck off and live in a shanty town somewhere.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Honestly, i think UK should stay the F*ck out of EU because, there's gonna be a war and UK better stay he f*ck out of all sides. We're gonna need you to rebuild us when we've f*cked all up :D

You can say i called it, whatever, but still...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep, England are about to introduce new sanctions what will cripple Finland. We are banning all sales of Jelly Babies to those dirty drunken heathen bastard Finns! :D :p ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yep, England are about to introduce new sanctions what will cripple Finland. We are banning all sales of Jelly Babies to those dirty drunken heathen bastard Finns! :D :p ;)

Oh f*ck off! Jelly babies are our main import!!!!!

If you stop that, i'll start the 3 world war :D

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Cool.

Which other 2 planets are we going to war with then?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well I have already been to war with Uranus Sharma and it took a damn good pounding...

Helme

Resident Freddy
That's also one of the reasons I think the EU can fuck off, tho it has nothing to do with the UK.

Sweden has been neutral for over 200 years, It would be nice to not get dragged into some shit war for the sake of something we had no power at all to affect. The UK would have way, way more power than Sweden ever would have(and they do) but I think this also applies abit to you guys, hell US are already doing it to you - dragging you into wars you have no reason to be in at all, for no real gain for its citizens. Yes I get that relationships between the western worlds have to stay high but seriously, the next time the US decides to fuck over it's economy for the sake of 2000 lives I hope Europe stays out of it.

Oh and as far as I know Alt Gr + E = € on pretty much any keyboard, aslong as you are using Windows 2000 or something newer :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The EU's vision of a united Europe is a good few years away. All that is happening right now is rich countries of the North are paying to bring the poorer nation up to a similar level. The biggest question for the EU right now is do they let Turkey in with a highly educated workforce and >30% unemployement the inrush of economic migrants would be too much for the established EU economies to handle. Hence putting the decision off for a few years was a good option for now. Business leaders argue they need the cheap Turkish labour to compete with Asia.

On topic.I believe the United Kingdom should keep the pound for now, maybe in a few years the time will be right. Plus I think the Pound is part of our history and identity as a nation. I know alot of French people who wish they still had the Franc. With Sarkozy in power at least the UK can start to get a better relationship with France. The Franco/German power base of the EU was always a sticking point for the UK. Forcing us to accept things we wanted no part of. Like moving the financial centres of europe from London to Franfurt! Luckily we won that battle at the expertise were already in London. The politics in every decision they make seems aimed at making Germany/France better and screws everyone else.

Personally think the EU should be sorting the absurd farming/food policies out first.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Joining the EU and giving up from the pound will not make you all english natives less english. It's not like you are asked to gave up from your patriotism and embrace european nationalty...
UK is one of the biggest and healthiest countrys on Euro, so that means they will have the power to greatly influence the european activity. Staying out would prevent that, as it is happening now.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and as far as I know Alt Gr + E = € on pretty much any keyboard, aslong as you are using Windows 2000 or something newer :p

UK qwerty keyboard produces é.

Alt gr + 4 produces €.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom