Should the 1p coin be abolished?

should the 1 cent / 1 penny coin be scrapped?

• Yes ! Time to get practical ffs

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No. I love our smallest coin.

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
or keep it as it is cause theres nothing wrong with the current system

Have you ever licked a 1p or 2p coin? They're rank. And they smell

2p coins are great for supergluing onto the pavement and watching people try to pick the thing up off the floor

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
People wouldn't likely put the 5p's in charity boxes, also our currency isn't as inflated as you Euro nob jockeys, so we are fine :)

Business's would also capitalise by fixing prices so the change is in their favour.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i stopped putting money in my mouth when i was around 3 mate.
£1 glued are even better

One game we used to play when i lived above a shop was put a fiver on fishing wire tangle it outside the shop and when people went to pick it up pull the fiver away hahaha

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People wouldn't likely put the 5p's in charity boxes, also our currency isn't as inflated as you Euro nob jockeys, so we are fine :)

Business's would also capitalise by fixing prices so the change is in their favour.

Well if you think your trade is so corrupt, then it could be a problem for you. The change doesn't mean changing prices, prices would remain exactly as they are.

Also, if you're willing to put 1-2p in charity boxes and don't put 5p, you're a hypocritical moron.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I think we should go back to pre-decimalisation. I also think things should be measured in inches, feet and yards. Flat caps should also be mandatory for men between 12 and 70. The Gaffer (Employer) should provide a mandatory tea break between 11 - 11:30 and be forced to buy appropriate biscuits and tea bags (or a suitable coffee alternative). Supermarkets should close at 8pm on a Friday evening and shouldn’t reopen until 9am on Monday morning and Americans should have to be tested on their knowledge of European geography before being permitted to leave their own country.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think we should go back to pre-decimalisation. I also think things should be measured in inches, feet and yards. Flat caps should also be mandatory for men between 12 and 70. The Gaffer (Employer) should provide a mandatory tea break between 11 - 11:30 and be forced to buy appropriate biscuits and tea bags (or a suitable coffee alternative). Supermarkets should close at 8pm on a Friday evening and shouldn’t reopen until 9am on Monday morning and Americans should have to be tested on their knowledge of European geography before being permitted to leave their own country.

Where do we vote for you?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would not care if im honest 5p and coper's go in the nearest charity box i hate jingly pockets.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
No pennies?? Damn, what would I use for heatsinks in my PC?

1001620ji9.jpg

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Bought a 2 beers in Spain last year with mostly 1 cents. Since the buggers kept giving them to me while out for a pint.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
No, shouldn't be abolished in the near future.

There should however be a focus towards using card payments for small transactions so we don't have to deal with so much cash in the first place. This obviously depends on the payment processors and retailers coming to reasonable charges for processing small amounts - instead of certain places forcing you to buy a minimum amount before you're allowed to use a card.

Reduce the amount of cash and it should become less of a problem.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
No, shouldn't be abolished in the near future.

There should however be a focus towards using card payments for small transactions so we don't have to deal with so much cash in the first place. This obviously depends on the payment processors and retailers coming to reasonable charges for processing small amounts - instead of certain places forcing you to buy a minimum amount before you're allowed to use a card.

Reduce the amount of cash and it should become less of a problem.

Ye, that's one thing I noticed in the UK, it's a hassle using your credit card compared to what I'm used to in Denmark. In Denmark I usually don't have any cash, I just use the credit card - much easier in my opinion!

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I walked into a local shop the other day and picked up maybe £8 worth of stuff and they wanted to charge me a quid for using a debit card! I left the stuff there and walked out. WTF!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Blame the banks, they charge the merchants, small business's pass that charge on to customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom