Should motorcyclists be allowed to use the bus lanes ?

Should motorcyclists be allowed to use the bus lanes ?

• Total voters

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
You know what doctors calls motorcyklists?

Donors.

They should just ban motorcyklists from the road

Dukat

Resident Freddy
You know what doctors calls motorcyklists?

Donors.

They should just ban motorcyklists from the road

While statistics are infamous for showing that a higher percentage of motorbike accidents result in a biker fatality, its less well known that the same figures show that you're less likely to have a crash in the first place if you ride a bike.

They ease congestion and as long as they're driven responsibly I dont see why they should be banned at all. I hate the idea of having to drive a car, I actually enjoy journeys on my motorbike though. Yes, even the ones made in the cold/rain.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If they can dodge a bus, then yes.

If they think they can whine when splattered on the windshield of said bus, then no.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
No time to read through that article, but... my take on it is that if it benefits the environment - then yes. The bus lanes are there to make more people take the bus instead of the car. If motorbikes are more environment friendly than cars I suppose they could use those lanes as well.

If it also makes traffic safer, that's a nice bonus.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Motorcycles dont bother me, cyclists on the other hand i fucking hate them. They dont follow any rules of the road, they swerve EVERYWHERE and moan when you almost hit them cause they ran a red light

Chronictank

FH is my second home
If it also makes traffic safer, that's a nice bonus.

No it wont, they will just speed down the bus lane and cut through traffic at the end
Bikes/Moped's shouldn't even be allowed to weave through traffic imo, any moron can get a provisional and be a danger to the rest of us

At least you need to learn to drive to be legally driving a car

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Pfft *falls of chair laughing*

proove me otherwise (based on UK law ofc), no matter your opinion (which inevitably will be skewed) the FACT of the matter is you need to pass a test to drive a car unsupervised legally
This is not the case for a bike

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
why, proove me otherwise (based on UK law ofc)

Have you seen the morons on the roads?
Have you noticed that ANYONE gets a drivers license?

You just need to "learn" to drive to get a card. Which basically means "gas, break, steer".

You need a license for a bike too.

Your only reason for bikes being more dangerous, is that cardrivers need licenses, but a piece of paper is a moot point when there's a roadraged moron behind the wheel.

I'll take a fast wooshing bike, that can harm itself and maybe a pedestrian, over a homicidal truckdriver any day.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget

You just need to "learn" to drive to get a card. Which basically means "gas, break, steer".

Do you have a licence? I find that most of the people who moan about the drivers on the road are people who cant drive themselves.

The worst passengers i, or my other driver mates, have are people who cant drive as they dont realise that you know exactly how much space you have on the nearside. May look tight for them as they are on that side but we know fine

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
No it wont, they will just speed down the bus lane and cut through traffic at the end
Bikes/Moped's shouldn't even be allowed to weave through traffic imo, any moron can get a provisional and be a danger to the rest of us

At least you need to learn to drive to be legally driving a car

Well bikes and mopeds shouldn't be in the traffic lanes anyhow. I thought the question only pertained to motorbikes. In Sweden we have special bike/moped lanes that are completely separated from the big roads.

Chronictank

FH is my second home

You need a license for a bike too.

And don't go judging my views by comparing them to your "ultimately right ones".

i am ultimately right, there is no if or maybe
it is a FACT you need to pass a test to drive a car
it is a FACT you do not need to pass any test to get on a bike as you can do it under a provisional
Which means by default a driver of a car who has passed a test (which in the uk at least is pretty strict nowdays as you have to do a theroy, hazard perception and a practical test on real roads) on average is better than one who hasn't
Furthermore your example of a truck driver is also flawed, they have to do even more test with even more regulation and suffer bigger penalties for being incompetant

Opinion has f' all to do with this, which is why your views hold no weight as a responce to my post

To be quite frank i doubt you have a liscence if you think passing a driving test is just "gas, break, steer"
Whereas getting a provisional for a bike is very nearly just "gas, break, steer"

Edited to fix spelling and language

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
it is a FACT you do not need to pass any test to get on a bike as you can do it under a provisional

Opinion has fuck all to do with this, which is why your views hold no weight as a responce to my post

Yes, if you speak of "what you need to drive", but that has nothing to do with how dangerous the roads are.

Dont' try and get "technical" and say you're really really right, just 'cause you were wrong partly in your argument.

Do you have a licence? I find that most of the people who moan about the drivers on the road are people who cant drive themselves.

The worst passengers i, or my other driver mates, have are people who cant drive as they dont realise that you know exactly how much space you have on the nearside. May look tight for them as they are on that side but we know fine

No i don't own a license, but i neither complain about drivers.

I just know FOR A FACT(as Chronictank would say), about the morons that sometimes get behind the wheel.

Furthermore your example of a truck driver is also flawed, they have to do even more test with even more regulation and suffer bigger penalties for being incompetant

To be quite frank i doubt you have a liscence if you think passing a driving test is just "gas, break, steer"
Whereas getting a provisional for a bike is very nearly just "gas, break, steer"

Again you take it anally strict and completely ignore what i'm saying.

I'm not saying it's "jsut gas break steer", just that since there's thousands and thousands of driving schools and instructors, people get through if they want. And anyone can behave for a day. You make it sound like there's no morons behind the wheels of a car. AND AS SUCH, a moron behind a truck is worse then a moron behind a bike.

You're trying to argue my point of "amount of danger", which i claimed you were flawed on, with some legal mumbojumbo that has nothing to do with it. Not to mention basing that "you don't drive, you don't know", which is simply bullcrap.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Which means by default a driver of a car who has passed a test (which in the uk at least is pretty strict nowdays as you have to do a theroy, hazard perception and a practical test on real roads) on average is better than one who hasn't

Opinion has fuck all to do with this, which is why your views hold no weight as a responce to my post

Thats not strictly true, just a provisional isnt enough you still have to sit a CBT( Certificate of completion of compulsory basic training (CBT) )

With a full licence you can ride a bike up to 125cc ( Motorcycling and the law )

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
No i don't own a license, but i neither complain about drivers.

I just know FOR A FACT(as Chronictank would say), about the morons that sometimes get behind the wheel.

I wasnt meaning that in a bad way btw. Or in any way trying to flame.

I've just noticed since driving that more of the people who complain dont know the unwritten rules of driving, like how everyone just knows how to merge into 1 lane from 2 for example.

And yes i totally agree there are far too many lunatics on the road too. Most of them seem to have no licence/insurance/tax too

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
You guys need to explain. Why are you mixing in bikes and mopeds into the discussion? The question in the poll specifically asks if you think "motorcyclists" should be allowed in the bus lane. Not bikes. Not mopeds. Of course the latter two shouldn't be allowed there - they aren't allowed on the car traffic roads at all, are they? Or are things different in England?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why are you mixing in bikes and mopeds into the discussion?

...chronictank was talking about mopeds and dirtbikes?

Well that's just a whack in the discussion testicles.

I'm talking about MANbikes. Real bikes. And for those, you need a license.

Gees...

I wasnt meaning that in a bad way btw. Or in any way trying to flame.

Not at all, wasn't taken as such, might sound harsher then i wrote it.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
someone driving a lorry is not likely to be a moron, considering it will be their livelyhood.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
someone driving a lorry is not likely to be a moron, considering it will be their livelyhood.

This was not the point, but taken too literally again.

That's right, lorry drivers need more this and that, but i was talking about the moron car drivers. Moronic and roadraged lorrydrivers etc.

I'd take a guy with no bike license, any day over one of those.

A guy who can't ride a bike, can hurt himself and maybe one more.
A guy who can't ride a car, can hurt a whole lotta more.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
why?

why would you act like a moron if it would lose you your job?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People think too much in "exacts" in the internet.

You say, "some lorry drivers can be a-holes" and out come the "my dads a lorry driver and he'll kick your arse for saying that!"

To Chronictank, to simplify the point; yes, you need a lisence to drive a car, but you don't need to know how to drive a car to get a lisence, in all cases.

You just need to pass.

this is why the "pfft" was for.

BY THE WAY: The comment "people think in exacts" wasn't' aimed at anyone, just a general comment on internet behavior.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
why?

why would you act like a moron if it would lose you your job?

Why drink so much that you pass out? why would people find it funny to steal traffic cones?

People do idiotic things, its a fact of life.

Look at bus drivers for example, complete cocks who bully you off the road and block you in. I work for one of the london bus companies i know what wankers they are

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
People think too much in "exacts" in the internet.

You say, "some lorry drivers can be a-holes" and out come the "my dads a lorry driver and he'll kick your arse for saying that!"

To Chronictank, to simplify the point; yes, you need a lisence to drive a car, but you don't need to know how to drive a car to get a lisence, in all cases.

You just need to pass.

this is why the "pfft" was for.

Very true, in your lessons you dont get taught how to drive, you get taught how to pass your test, even my instructor told me that.

You learn how to drive afterwards

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Again you take it anally strict and completely ignore what i'm saying.

I'm not saying it's "jsut gas break steer", just that since there's thousands and thousands of driving schools and instructors, people get through if they want. And anyone can behave for a day. You make it sound like there's no morons behind the wheels of a car. AND AS SUCH, a moron behind a truck is worse then a moron behind a bike.

There are morons who get on a bike, who cause pile ups by doing dangerous manouvers on the road and cause just as much damage as a truck...

there are morons on the road, there will always be morons on the road theres nothing you can do about it until the whole thing is automated

I never at any point said nor implied there wasn't on both sides of the fence
I could use the same rationalle to yourself and say you seem to think the majority of drivers are poor drivers, which is plain crap if they were the system wouldnt work

You're trying to argue my point of "amount of danger", which i claimed you were flawed on, with some legal mumbojumbo that has nothing to do with it. Not to mention basing that "you don't drive, you don't know", which is simply bullcrap.
Hardly, a driver who has passed a test is more competant than one who hasn't on average. That has everything to do with the 'amount of danger' they can cause because a competant person who can deal with a situation is far safer than one who can't/doesn't know how

I also didn't use the 'you dont know how to drive' as any argument, simply pointed out that you didn't have experience of a driving test etc... so are making an un-informed comment about "jsut gas break steer" mentality.
Sure someone can behave on the day, but most of us tend to follow the law and the ones who don't when reported/caught eventually lose their liscence

Chronictank

FH is my second home
This was not the point, but taken too literally again.

That's right, lorry drivers need more this and that, but i was talking about the moron car drivers. Moronic and roadraged lorrydrivers etc.

I'd take a guy with no bike license, any day over one of those.

A guy who can't ride a bike, can hurt himself and maybe one more.
A guy who can't ride a car, can hurt a whole lotta more.

No a guy on a bike cutting in front of a lorry forcing it to break hard can make it jackknife and kill the driver and possible more people
A guy in a car stuck in a traffic jam cant cause much damage at all, a guy on a bike can zoom down the middle/side and hit a pedestrian
A person hit by a car at 20mph is likely to escape with minor injuries, a person hit by a motorcycle at the same speed is not

different situations different dangers...

And in the UK a moped can drive on the roads, they aren't allowed on the higher speed roads
I did a CBT btw you effectively have to be able to drive around for 2 hrs and be presant for the talks, i had more tuition doing a first aid course

kirennia

Part of the furniture
You guys need to explain. Why are you mixing in bikes and mopeds into the discussion? The question in the poll specifically asks if you think "motorcyclists" should be allowed in the bus lane. Not bikes. Not mopeds. Of course the latter two shouldn't be allowed there - they aren't allowed on the car traffic roads at all, are they? Or are things different in England?

Aye they are mate. Infact, bike riders aren't allowed on the pavement so unless there is a cycle lane, they're only allowed on the road.

As for allowing them in bus lanes, that's just gonna make more people want to ride bikes and end up with more injured people about. Yes yes there are less bike accidents then car accidents (less bikes on the road too) but the big difference is the steel frame surrounding you in the event of a crash. Have been in two car crashes, if I was on a bike I would have lived through the first but not the second.

The number of people I know who have been in bike accidents and ended up injured is sickening to think about yet everyone I know who been in a car accident now looks back on it and can smile thinking that they learned their lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom