Question Should I get a new Nexus 7?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So, me Ma's off to New York in a couple of weeks (on the QE2 no less), and she asked me if I wanted anything bringing back. My Galaxy Tab is getting on a bit and I was thinking about the Nexus 7. Worth it? It would be about 80 Euros less than the expected price when it launches here.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, it looks like a well thought out evolution of the original nexus tablet.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I would jump at it if it had an 8" screen instead of 7.

So the Galaxy tab 3 appeals to me more.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, me Ma's off to New York in a couple of weeks (on the QE2 no less), and she asked me if I wanted anything bringing back. My Galaxy Tab is getting on a bit and I was thinking about the Nexus 7. Worth it? It would be about 80 Euros less than the expected price when it launches here.
I got mine in the states on honeymoon. I think it's brilliant. Mine gets most use as a netflix device (android makes it easy to flip a VPN on and off) and for gmail. In fact I do most business e-mail off it at the moment because it's quicker than logging into 3 different accounts on a PC and I can type just as fast with the swiping keyboards as I can a regular keyboard.

One thing to note is that your charger will obviously be complete balls but since this takes a standard microUSB cable you'll just end up using anything else to charge it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I got mine in the states on honeymoon. I think it's brilliant. Mine gets most use as a netflix device (android makes it easy to flip a VPN on and off) and for gmail. In fact I do most business e-mail off it at the moment because it's quicker than logging into 3 different accounts on a PC and I can type just as fast with the swiping keyboards as I can a regular keyboard.

One thing to note is that your charger will obviously be complete balls but since this takes a standard microUSB cable you'll just end up using anything else to charge it.

Justified it as my Christmas present - getting the LTE version, and I've also asked my Mum to pick me up a Chromecast as they're only $35 and could be pretty handy.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Justified it as my Christmas present - getting the LTE version, and I've also asked my Mum to pick me up a Chromecast as they're only $35 and could be pretty handy.
I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't get the LTE version whilst I was over there because it wasn't released yet, however on reflection my phone contract is set up for unlimited tethering so that does the necessary and the Nexus works quite reliably over it (iPhone 3GS via bluetooth). There's a fairly large price difference so that might be worth considering.

As for the Chromecast, personally I wouldn't (Raspberry Pi for the win) but for $35 its worth a punt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom