Should I buy a gamecube?

C

chi_

Originally posted by dunny_dunny
My brother just bought the new Zelda and it is simply stunning so /swivel to all u losers who think its a console for kids and play some REAL games other than shitty EA sports sims and film spin offs.

Bye

It's interesting how the average Nintendo fanboy is so keen to make it obvious that s/he has yet to enter puberty.

C

~Clarky~

wow chi , you do like to show your an arsehole dont you ? ;)

go fuck yourself for all i care, id rather be playing some decent games and bragging about how good they are, than playing the same old music generator sim ...

:m00:

A

adari

chi is probably very shy and quiet irl, teased by other children in the 3rd grade, and thats why he tries to be a cold hearted cool dewd a la 'hey look at me, i am nasty' online. he probably doesnt go out either and he prolly cant talk to girls without resisting to ask their ICQ number

C

~Clarky~

lol adari -

well anyhow , if you do cave in and get a 'cube , have fun with it , you wont be dissapointed :D

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by dunny_dunny
The Gamecube is the very best console out there. Almost every game released is excellent unlike the PS2 or Xbox. i mean WTF has the Xbox and PS2 got to offer other than Halo and GTA?

My brother just bought the new Zelda and it is simply stunning so /swivel to all u losers who think its a console for kids and play some REAL games other than shitty EA sports sims and film spin offs.

Bye

return to castle wolfenstein, starwars knights of the old republic, SWG, doom 3, halo 2, perfect dark 2, to name just a few, cant think of the others right this second.. but theres ALOT of VERY high quality game titles comming soon on the Xbox, sure u can play these games better on a pc, but still.. it woops the crappy GC.

oh, and microsoft BOUGHT Rare, nintendos only lifeline to decent gaming lol :)

C

chi_

Originally posted by [AoP]Abra
wow chi , you do like to show your an arsehole dont you ? ;)

go fuck yourself for all i care, id rather be playing some decent games and bragging about how good they are, than playing the same old music generator sim ...

:m00:

You seem very confused, fanboy. It seems you've become very aggressive towards me because I've insulted your favourite games console. Oh well. :sleeping:

Originally posted by adari
chi is probably very shy and quiet irl, teased by other children in the 3rd grade, and thats why he tries to be a cold hearted cool dewd a la 'hey look at me, i am nasty' online. he probably doesnt go out either and he prolly cant talk to girls without resisting to ask their ICQ number

The typical male "Hi I'm 17 I go outta lot I hav lotsa friends!! Lez get pissed." response. I don't use ICQ fyi, neither does anyone I know. I wasn't actually insulting that poster before, just pointing out his age and rather naive attitude. I'm not normally cold hearted, I just have nothing to do at the moment.

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
return to castle wolfenstein, starwars knights of the old republic, SWG, doom 3, halo 2, perfect dark 2, to name just a few, cant think of the others right this second.. but theres ALOT of VERY high quality game titles comming soon on the Xbox, sure u can play these games better on a pc, but still.. it woops the crappy GC.

oh, and microsoft BOUGHT Rare, nintendos only lifeline to decent gaming lol :)

I have to agree with Karam, the Xbox does the massmarket licenses. Apparantly GTA is becoming multiformat/Xbox only in 2004 as well, which leaves Sony's (good) support dwindling. The Gamecube does have FF, Zelda, and MP, but those are really the only major brandnames I can see going for it. Well, apart from Mario, but then I hated Mario 64.

C

chi_

Oh, and the last console I bought was a Dreamcast, so don't start calling me an Xbox fanboy :m00:

C

~Clarky~

well how about you actually purchase a gamecube ( hell any console will do ;) ) and then play more than 5 games on that console, then come back here and flame away at how great the x-box is , and how drasticly poor in comparison the gamecube is.

I own all 3 consoles, albeit the ps2 being played the lesser, and the fact that the online capabilities of the xbox require broadband, rather than 56k with the gamecube - maybe thats why i prefer the 'cube ? dunno really.

All in all most games like Wolfenstein/SWG will be released on the P.C, which is good news.

Halo 2 looks a steller game, just i thought the 1st 1 was slighty over-rated, and i wouldnt get your hopes up with perfect dark 2, knowing rare's production time , the xbox 2 will be out by then ;)

C

chi_

Originally posted by adari
dreamcast is wannabe gc

thats all

ps fuck you xD

Haha. You've just proved yourself an idiot, even it that was a joke :)

C

~Clarky~

i admired the dreamcast, such a great console, shame it never took off , would trade in any of my console for a dreamcast with some games like shenmue/msr/pSO/virtua tennis etc.

C

chi_

Originally posted by [AoP]Abra
well how about you actually purchase a gamecube ( hell any console will do ;) ) and then play more than 5 games on that console, then come back here and flame away at how great the x-box is , and how drasticly poor in comparison the gamecube is.

I own all 3 consoles, albeit the ps2 being played the lesser, and the fact that the online capabilities of the xbox require broadband, rather than 56k with the gamecube - maybe thats why i prefer the 'cube ? dunno really.

My brother has both an Xbox and a GC, and quite a few friends have PS2, as well as my cousin, who I normally see a couple of times a week.

I agree that the GC's 56k access is an advantage, we have no broadband so we don't have Live, which is a pity. Hopefully we'll have it before Halo 2 comes out, as that does look rather fun :) Have you tried PSO? I had a lot of fun with that on the DC, even though it was so linear.

C

~Clarky~

aye PSO was a good change on the dc , rocked online , shame all the hacking little gibbons fucked it up - the only online dc which is still happening atm :(

i have it for the gc , pretty much exactly the same bar a few new levels and races/classes, would really like to try the xbox live version, but you cant even play it offline w/o registering for live :eek:

C

chi_

It was a pity that DC PSO went the way it did, it would have been better if there was the option to play on ships which had server-based characters rather than client side. I wouldn't even consider buying it for single player though. The single player was so bloody boring ;)

C

~Clarky~

yeah , should of gone out with a bang , rather than just fade away ... the xbox version would seem to suit online play more , via the cool headset , guess ill never know :(

C

~Clarky~

gamecube version aint bad in 4 player though, but just seems like a really expensive version of shining soul ;)

C

chi_

4 player PSO .. mmm, I'll have to get that :)

Going to try and get hold of Brute Force as well, if I can get the cash. Another 4 player :D

C

chi_

Phantasy Star Online.

Was originally a DC game. It's a MMOish RPG, where you and three others go into the lands and kill things, do a few missions, kill the rather uber looking bosses etc. Char development is actually very linear, and the areas available for play aren't particularly big, but it's fun for quite a while (I played for about 5 months, kept coming back to it after that too).

A

adari

cool, saw a sequel to that somewhere in a shop, looked nice

O

old.job

Just bought Gamecube, Zelda windmaker is the one of the greatest games I have ever played, it is just sheer brilliance, no there's no sex/gory violence, adult themes.
True artistry requires none of these, they are the fallback for people with less ability to entertain.

PS2/XBOX appeals to the lowbrows, that's why they sell so well, most people fit that description these days.

Yes I'm a Gamecube snob.

Waverace also kicks ass, Nintendo and Sega are the gods of Videogames, they just couldn't afford to take on the subsidy/advertising ability of Sony/Microsoft.

C

chi_

Originally posted by old.job
Just bought Gamecube, Zelda windmaker is the one of the greatest games I have ever played, it is just sheer brilliance, no there's no sex/gory violence, adult themes.

Does that mean no game with realistic graphics/guns/the word "shit" in it is not good in your eyes? Nobody cares about "sex/gory violence, adult themes", grow up. The only major game I can think of which has an adult theme is GTA3, and even that, considered the worst of the worst by the media, isn't particulary "adult".

PS2/XBOX appeals to the lowbrows, that's why they sell so well, most people fit that description these days.

FYI, the both the Xbox and the Gamecube are doing poorly in sales. Technically the Xbox is doing worse because MS loses rather a lot of money for every console sold, which they are not making back from title sales.

I'm not sure where you get this "lowbrow" description from. It gives the impression that you think the Gamecube is the thinking man's console, which is hardly true. Windmaker (sic) is not really a very challenging game, even for the average twelve year old. The only reason there aren't that many violent/adult-orientated games is because of Nintendo's retardedly strict "Quality Control", through which every game has to pass to be granted printing rights. Violence is soon censored. While Nintendo are trying to abandon their "kiddie" image by allowing releases for more mature titles such as RE and DHV, the console is still aimed at the younger generation, whereas Sony market the PS2 more towards people in their early twenties.

True artistry requires none of these, they are the fallback for people with less ability to entertain.

Less ability to entertain? ..

Videogame "artistry" comes in different forms, just like music and pictures. Some like classical, some like modern. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm sure FPS fans wouldn't like you calling them "lowbrow" because they play games which involve guns.

C

~Clarky~

yeah i have to agree with chi_ on this , no matter how good windwaker/eternal darkness etc are, they are very very easy games to complete.

Id have to go with xbox over anything if i had live, as they are the only games that appeal to me, whereas gamecube has many class games ( as do ps2, but most games there are shit re-hashed releases, supped up by Mr.Average Joe, but they do have some quality with final fantasy, and some of capcoms games.

Games, now-a-days are too easy, thats why i stick with my gba sp most of the time, can't not play through old snes games on the shitter , too good of an oppertuinity to miss ;)

but as i dont have live. pso online with shoddy 56k modem is the best i can get atm , may change in the future hopefully though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom