Confused Shared folders over network

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I have a weird issue. The woman is running a PC and a laptop. Both connected to the Homegroup, both set to Home Network. Sharing is set up so that you need the Username and password for the specific computer top access the shared files. Now here's here it gets strange. I can access the laptop from the PC but while I can see the C: and D: drives on the PC from the laptop I can't access them. Just says permission denied.

I can't find anything in the permissions or security settings that would explain it.

Help?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Windows networking at its finest.

- English -

Resident Freddy
If im on my private network I usualyl just take the passwording off, and share whatever i want to and allow access to the "everyone" group.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
It gets even stranger. I changed the settings on the laptop to "Allow Windows to manage Homegroup connections. Saved the changes, logged off, logged back on and voila, access to the PC. Why would changing a setting on the laptop sort that out?

soze

I am a FH squatter
My guess would be a ropey password in the Users Accounts > Manage your credentials. A bad password here will be used for that connection. When you told the Home group to take over it stopped using that credential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom