Shane Warne hits the 600 mark..

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
extremely lucky wicket to take mind hehe but u cant deny the dude is uber.

first person in the entire history of cricket to get to 600 test wickets. grats Shane! :D

:worthy:

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Well it's up there with paint drying in watchability terms...

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
pffft, trying saying that in a day where 17 wickets fell and over 500 runs were scored.

If you're going to dig cricket, take a moment to dig the other boring shite like darts, golf and sometimes even tennis :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
cricket is the greatest game in the world imo. and right now its being played by the 2 best teams in the world. uber uber stuff. saying its boring just displays a lack of knowledge of the game. once u start to get into it u get hooked for life..

its aint that hard to understand either. football has more rules than cricket yet everyone knows the rules for football. sure it doesnt have the worldwide appeal of football atm.. but it will soon. especially after this series of test matches :)

oh and Grats Michael Vaughan on a superb 166 :D brilliant stuff :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
TeaSpoon said:
boring shite like darts, tennis :p

I'd rather watch Darts than Cricket because: It takes more skill to land a 3x 20 than to hit a wicket.

I'd rather watch Tennis because they hit things really hard at eachother. (And women play it too :p)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
wicket is that those pansy guys in white drinking tea and saying "cherio mate"?

if that is right I must say hitting 600 of them is quite good

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh my god! Like 600?! In Crocket!? Oh my god oh my god oh my god *runs around in circles throwing around dildos in every possible direction*

Yei wohoooo!! Weeeee *gurglegurglegasp*

*dies of a heart attack*

Bah...cricket. Even less interesting a topic then soccer. You heard me! SOCCER!

*runs*

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
this makes me wonder, is there a game called crocket on english aswell? since there is a game called that in swedish

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i wonder how many people who say its easy actually ever played cricket,

Heta said:
haha! cricket........

is that realy a sport?
like football

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
I'd rather watch Darts than Cricket because: It takes more skill to land a 3x 20 than to hit a wicket.

I'd rather watch Tennis because they hit things really hard at eachother. (And women play it too :p)

Hmm, I'd actually say it takes different skill to land 3x 20 than to hook a ball thats been bowled at 90mph for 6 runs.

Like somebody said, if you say its easy you've never tried. And darts is good to play, crap to watch, but I agree with the tennis unless its just ultra fast serving which it has been of late.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
wicket is that those pansy guys in white drinking tea and saying "cherio mate"?

if that is right I must say hitting 600 of them is quite good

Ahhh, such a lovely English stereotype.

Did you know we all sit with the familly and listen to the radio together saying "what what" and "rightyo mate?"?

Marc

FH is my second home
ilaya said:
cricket is the greatest game in the world imo. and right now its being played by the 2 best teams in the world. uber uber stuff. saying its boring just displays a lack of knowledge of the game. once u start to get into it u get hooked for life..

its aint that hard to understand either. football has more rules than cricket yet everyone knows the rules for football. sure it doesnt have the worldwide appeal of football atm.. but it will soon. especially after this series of test matches :)

oh and Grats Michael Vaughan on a superb 166 :D brilliant stuff :)

I will give you odds of 1400000000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1 that cricket never ever has the worldwide appeal of football :D

Bourkester

Fledgling Freddie
cricket is a great sport and this test has been great to so far :) and all those who think its easy obviously know nothing about the game, its a very deep tactical game and once your into it, its impossible to get out :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I wish it was so Teaspoon.. but that would just be to good I guess :(

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not even trying to deny that I know jack about cricket, I mean.. I fall of my chair just trying to figure out which team won when reading the scores after a game.

4/480 vs 17

like wtf??

(ok might be how the score is put out but something like that :p)

Marc

FH is my second home
wtf is up with "breaking for tea"? Not as if they have exerted themselves so much they need to take a rest is it!

Marc

FH is my second home
Bourkester said:
cricket is a great sport and this test has been great to so far :) and all those who think its easy obviously know nothing about the game, its a very deep tactical game and once your into it, its impossible to get out :)

CHess is tactical. Cricket is just whacking a ball as hard as u can

Bourkester

Fledgling Freddie
step onto the crease, you have the worlds best leg spinner come up against you, hes just took his 600 wicket hes on a high. Austrailia have put a tight field (lots of catchers close to you) around you, you need runs. What do you do now? what kinda bowl is he gonna bowl you mess it up youve edged the ball onto your bat and your out, shit.

The problem is hitting the ball ;)

and i think ud need a break after 2-3 hours at a time standing with a helmet on and cricket equipment with people bowling 90 mph balls aimed at your ribs.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Marc said:
I will give you odds of 1400000000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1 that cricket never ever has the worldwide appeal of football :D
it already has WORLDWIDE appeal...
football doesnt even have the same name worldwide
most of asia and the america's call it soccer

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Heta said:
I'm not even trying to deny that I know jack about cricket, I mean.. I fall of my chair just trying to figure out which team won when reading the scores after a game.

4/480 vs 17

like wtf??

(ok might be how the score is put out but something like that :p)
lost 4 wickets scored 480 runs
other team currently has 17 runs for 0 out
its no difficult the one with the mnost runs wins

Marc said:
wtf is up with "breaking for tea"? Not as if they have exerted themselves so much they need to take a rest is it!
almost every sport has a half time, once again play it before you comment

Heta said:
think cricket got more of a worldwide lack of appeal :p
what statistics did you get this from, im really curious?
or it just clueless drivvel

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
clueless drivel ofc, and the fact that cricket dont exist in sweden (well possible someone play it on there backyard or something)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Heta said:
clueless drivel ofc, and the fact that cricket dont exist in sweden (well possible someone play it on there backyard or something)
football doesnt exist in asia or the america's, they call it soccer ;)
if in fact it is the same thing, shouldnt football be called soccer?
and cricket is alot more popular than "football" in asia/africa

Marc

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
it already has WORLDWIDE appeal...
football doesnt even have the same name worldwide
most of asia and the america's call it soccer

Tiddlywinks has world wide appeal. The poster reckoned that cricket will have the same worldwide appeal as football, which we all know is never gonna happen.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
well, we dont have cricket under any name in sweden. Actualy tought people only played it in old movies and such untill recently :(

football exist very much in America.. just they carry the ball with there hands.. wtf is up with that? why call it football if you carry it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom