Shameless BBC link!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
As a complete neutral (I don't drink so don't care) this thread is interesting.

Toht's been much better behaved than in previous arguments, and he's being treated quite badly in some instances. Some people did refuse to answer, ignored, or even gave answers that didn't even address the valid questioning of the type of plastic used. He was trying to find information out and was shouted down as plastic is bad, mmkay.

Yes plastic is bad! But at least provide the fella with the correct information before shouting him down.

Toht: In the UK the plastic glasses we get are utter mince. You can break them most of the time by holding them without even trying.

There are many plastic glasses available that are stronger than glass, and not all of them scratch easily as DaGaffer suggests, some are almost scratchproof, but again they're very expensive compared to glass.

Some people here seem to be suggesting that glass is better than plastic solely because plastic is environmentally unfriendly. Well, producing glass is also power-hungry and intensive process that produces by-products too. Do people have figures on the amount of environmental damage it takes to produce one glass glass and one plastic glass? That's quite important to take in. I'd fully expect plastic to be worse, but HOW much worse? Is it marginal, or massive?

Scouse's argument about glass being less enjoyable to drink with is in parts valid, but was totally ruined by his likening it to condom usage. The issue isn't about enjoyment, it's about safety.

Personally, I'd think it'd be little silly to introduce the change and realistically it would never happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How can we *possibly* answer that without all of the relevant information. How hot is she, does it seem that she'll be up for it with enough nagging? Is she quite filthy in other areas or is she generally quite a prude (in which case when she comes round it'll be that much more awesome).

Details Scouse, you need to provide the details or how can we discuss this properly?

Actually. It was meant to be a joke.

But lets discuss it anyway. I vote plunder :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
. Do people have figures on the amount of environmental damage it takes to produce one glass glass and one plastic glass? That's quite important to take in. I'd fully expect plastic to be worse, but HOW much worse? Is it marginal, or massive?

In that link I included. That referred to bottle production but the maths is similar enough; glass is way better cradle to grave.

The point is kind of moot though, because real life already gives us the answer. Does anyone honestly believe that an outfit like Weatherspoons wouldn't be using plastic glasses already if they were cheaper? Of course they would, and they'd have a PR hack to wheel out this exact safety angle to justify it. They still use glass so that tells you all you need to know.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The point is kind of moot though, because real life already gives us the answer. Does anyone honestly believe that an outfit like Weatherspoons wouldn't be using plastic glasses already if they were cheaper? Of course they would, and they'd have a PR hack to wheel out this exact safety angle to justify it. They still use glass so that tells you all you need to know.

This tbfh. Props where props due: Capitalism ftw! :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think that scene shows you why it's a non-issue tbfh. The incidence of Begby in the UK population's gotta be pretty small - which is why it's such a shocking scene...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom