Shadowblades

Aussie

Banned
Jaem- said:
I've found NS reasonably alright, tho with SB I tend to be free RP, but I guess this is due to the str relics that they have.
its a fact that whole hibernia stealth on excal is crap ;]

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Pre toa infils/shades had to choose between slashing/blades/thrusting/piercing

Slash; +10% against sbs and hunters.

Thrust; -10% against sbs and hunters BUT str/dex-based and dragonfang/diamondback.

With heat-weapons they get the best from both worlds; +15% against all assassins, dex/str-weapons and dragon/diamond. Ok, I agree, sbs also have access to heat, but we still have to stick with slash.

Saracens and Inconnu also have +5% against heat, giving them AoM ~2 for free.

But with relics sbs are ok, its a different story when we dont have them.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
/em beats a dead horse

1) debuff! by last str/con SB's WS is debuffed by 26%, thrust infi's - by 13%.
2) 2.5spec vs 5%hp. 2.5spec allows for approx 7-8% dmg increase. infi advantage here, cannot be countered by SB
3) spec AF ~= +15% more defence for infi. can be countered by using af charges by SB
4) stuns. DF/DB > cb-fg combo, even after df nerf.
5) offhad WS for SBs based on LA spec, thus making low-la specs less viable.

basically, standard buffed infiltrator has a ~30-35% numerical survivability advantage over shadowblades, which is further augmented by better stuns and presense of Minstrel class. Shadowblades who actively use AF charges can reduce this disparity to ~18-20%.

Now - on Excal SBs currently have +20% in damage, thus balancing both sides. In my experience, victory may go either way - based on gear, personal skill and luck.

funny thing is that in 1.62 LA styles growth rate was nerfed by approx 40%, thus nerfing overall shadowblade damage by ~25%. Was it really needed - with figures i just provided?..../sigh

change str/con debuff into WS/con - and i would be really happy.

List of changes should imo include also direct off-evade stun for SBs, str/dex based weapons, putting on range druid's and healers spec haste with cleric's spec af, slight increase of SB's extra hp and damage of NS's insta DD, changing current LA model to 100/25 (mainhand hits always for 100% of dmg, offhand swings always too, but for (25+0.68*LA skill)% damage while its WS is derived from main wpn spec), chaninging Remedy on NSs to be less OPed in 1v1, removing stealth from minstrels and giving AM to shamans and friars instead (secondary healers of realms)......

one can dream endlessly. but i dont beleive that this will happen. see /em above :(

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
I see a lot of people talking about facts but didn't the thread starter ask for some dmg logs to back up the arguments, true or false....

Aussie

Banned
Haldar said:
funny thing is that in 1.62 LA styles growth rate was nerfed by approx 40%, thus nerfing overall shadowblade damage by ~25%. Was it really needed - with figures i just provided?..../sigh

r u for real?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Salamurhaaja said:
Think that horse has been suffering as long as I remember.

nah, the horse was prancing happily along until about 1.62 wouldnt you say?

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
/em beats a dead horse

(

Definitely. 1.62 implementation was of the happiest days Excalibur had ever seen.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Salamurhaaja said:
It felt better back then but was bit ill due dragonfang :D

hehe... What's DF when you 3shot fully SC'ed and buffed infils anyway? ;)

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Every SB on excal rly soox, I've seen people play better in battlegrounds. I heard about some l33tz0r SBs on Ys and Broceliende servers from a friend of A friend who read this post about uber SBs in France and Germany who never zerg or group, but they don't get Pwned daily.

So my advice is, get some skills, learn from Prydwen, their SBs rawks our SBs, Improve your playstyle, Pan more, Stop using Cursor keys, Exp your Artis, and get Some Skillz. Try And make better SB groups, mebe With 5 SBs,a Healer and a BD, etc....... jeezus do we albs have to Spoon feed u skills.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Aybabtu said:
hehe... What's DF when you 3shot fully SC'ed and buffed infils anyway? ;)

lies.

briton infi with 10 pts in con, augcon2 and tough2 has 1951hp.

to 3-shot him = to do 650+ dmg per swing.

pre-1.62 i had doublefrost CAP of 430. offhand had a cap of 77.

go figure.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
lies.

go figure.

Fully buffed i had 1937Hp's and when facing Salaa and Unity i got 3shot'ed easily.... remember there's a str/con debuff aswell....

Go figure ;)

Aussie

Banned
Haldar said:
lies.

go figure.

add a crit and 300dmg from poison and thats sounds possible? ;|

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
QQ my Sb dot 3hit a infil like before 1.62
But hey, what about u can do BS of 900? like one SB did the other day to me? yes yes, that useless 2hand roolz for PA/BS, and i NF what u will do? 2shot mages... etc.. in keep sieges.. But lets QQ cos i cant wtfpwn infils cos u dont fight against NS.. but who cares, cos sb fight 95% infils and 5% NS.. so np

For me, NS are the best assassin atm, or Norse SB with that toa crap (strengh overcapped, aug stre 3-4-5 in NF... , battler, malice..) and NS/rangers have now stun from side

Take out my 2.5 spec points, givf me 2hand as same rules as midgard (50sword=50 1hsword and 2h sword.. ^^ )

What about speak of no st classes? compare ur grp classes vs alb classes...

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Aybabtu said:
Fully buffed i had 1937Hp's and when facing Salaa and Unity i got 3shot'ed easily.... remember there's a str/con debuff aswell....

Go figure ;)

do u know that when u get hit with str/con debuff, only highest dmg (melee/debuff) is applied, not both?

post SS plz of being 3-shot. until then i will consider those tales a lie, as math :worthy: is against you.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
add a crit and 300dmg from poison and thats sounds possible? ;|

300 dmg poison?

get a grip on reality man.

3 swings = 5-6 seconds @ 2.5-3 sec/swing = 2 ticks of poison (@ 0 and 4 secs) = 120 dmg of lifebane on 25% body resist target.

crit - yes crits may be nice. but tell me how often u hit a buffed infil (661AF mind you) for cap?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
QQ my Sb dot 3hit a infil like before 1.62
But hey, what about u can do BS of 900? like one SB did the other day to me? yes yes, that useless 2hand roolz for PA/BS, and i NF what u will do? 2shot mages... etc.. in keep sieges.. But lets QQ cos i cant wtfpwn infils cos u dont fight against NS.. but who cares, cos sb fight 95% infils and 5% NS.. so np
vs mages is irrelevant, if the mage wanted to solo he would have chosen convoker, 4 brittle guards u dance and laugh spam then kill without breaking a sweat.
As for your infil its nothing to do with wtfpwn, the balance is stupidly in infils favour. If you died to someone they either got a pa in or your char is unbuffed/no toa or you just plain suck at it
For me, NS are the best assassin atm, or Norse SB with that toa crap (strengh overcapped, aug stre 3-4-5 in NF... , battler, malice..) and NS/rangers have now stun from side
Wrong again, Buffed Infil is the best melee stealther by far because you have access to cleric AF, NS only comes close because of their raw dmg output.
What about speak of no st classes? compare ur grp classes vs alb classes...
Wrong post go add somewhere else.

Edit: Check post later i will post up a video testing dmg vs infil soon as i find it again, shows perfectly the unbalance that exists when a infil is fully buffed

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
do u know that when u get hit with str/con debuff, only highest dmg (melee/debuff) is applied, not both?

post SS plz of being 3-shot. until then i will consider those tales a lie, as math :worthy: is against you.

Never said you'd have to belive me, all i know is that i have been 3shot by both Salaa and Unity......

Oh and can't post SS, did take em, but my comp have crashed 8 times since then :(

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
did you even play during LA time muppet?

mouth: hey brain! i'm out of arguments, what the hell do i do?
brain: insult!

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Yadeniel said:
Take out my 2.5 spec points, givf me 2hand as same rules as midgard (50sword=50 1hsword and 2h sword.. ^^ )

Deal. Maybe you want LA styles also? ^^ Cheap.

minime_

Fledgling Freddie
Would switch 2h weapon, for 2.5 spec points any frikkin day.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, I agree Haldar, people always blows things out of proportions after a while; pre 1.62 I oneshot...blabla...maxbuffed pally...blabla...650...blabla...

Without relics my df used to be 170-220(on serious targets).

With relics 210-260.

It used to take 7 swings to sink a heavy infil, 5 with relics.

People also seems to forget that many still were unbuffed pre 1.62.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
Hehe, I agree Haldar, people always blows things out of proportions after a while; pre 1.62 I oneshot...blabla...maxbuffed pally...blabla...650...blabla...

Without relics my df used to be 170-220(on serious targets).

With relics 210-260.

It used to take 7 swings to sink a heavy infil, 5 with relics.

People also seems to forget that many still were unbuffed pre 1.62.

Tbh aren't you blowing infils out of proportion aswell? you must have been able to pwn some with that many RP's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom