Shadowblade Spec

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
Hi i nearly have a lvl 50 SB and i am going for 1 of 2 specs i have made the yr as follows :

Stealth: 36
LA:39
Sword:50
CS:39
Env:4

This is so i can pa n cd then use ragnorak twice in the back and i heard its a v good style with a lot of dmg and growth rate.

And..

Stealth: 36
LA:39
Axe:44
CS:34
Env:23

This is more of a round spec as i could increase the env every RR i go up and i changed sword with axe as imo its better dmg campared to 44 sword. Thank you for your inputs.

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
also would like to kno what is better to cap in my temp i capped Str/Con/Dex and i have a little quikness in there. Is it better to cap quikness instead and not dex? as zerkers that r similar to sb's prefer not to cap dex and go for quikness instead thanx.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
str/con/dex/qui in that order imo, or if thers a dex cap u can probably hit it with a buffbot coz u get the dex + dex/qui buff, theres only 1 qui buff so :p

if u have lower qui u hit slower but harder, so if u ever want 2 2h PA a caster less quick would b better

evade is dex/qui based so <Shrug>

id go str/con/dex/qui personally :)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Statswise I'd go: Str(max str cap if pos)con, qui and dex...u need to get as close to 250qui as possible.

As for specs, Im currently:
37+13sword
40+13cs
39+13la
35+13stlh
24+13env

The whole problem with spec for SB is that we need to rely on CS styles as they have higher growth rates than melee and LA styles...and its been tested a lot that if u use only CS styles you only need a combined spec of 50 sword/axe till RR5 and RR5+ u need 51. So far this is my experience aswell.

Best thing you can do if you want the full story is read up on it, on VNboards.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Rogue_Professions/b20912/

50 weap is a terrible waste of spec points, either way you cut it.

If you want more info PM me here or reply to thread...Ive spent ages researching assasins >_< Almost got a 50 of each of em (Inf only L47)...

/Dracus

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
if u have lower qui u hit slower but harder, so if u ever want 2 2h PA a caster less quick would b better

Just read this and wanted to correct something :) its true that hits have higher numbers...but its VERY important to add that with higher qui ur DPS is higher..hence do more dmg in just a couple of rounds coz u hit harder over time with higher qui :)

/Dracus

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Not worth the bother. Why pick such an amazingly handicapped alt to play at level 50. Roll a bloody inf for at least 2-3x the damage! Or a luri for the haste buff. Either is so much better than a crap sb at 50 m8.

MKJ - Thugs

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
Not worth the bother. Why pick such an amazingly handicapped alt to play at level 50. Roll a bloody inf for at least 2-3x the damage! Or a luri for the haste buff. Either is so much better than a crap sb at 50 m8.

MKJ - Thugs

hahaha ur first ever post without bullshit ;p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i say you should roll play

go 50 stealth and get mos5...then you can pretend you have extra stealth plus run fast like a golden diamond

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
i will have a play around on catacombs then but is it better to fo like 44 CS and 39 weap and la then? and thugs why would i want to roll a ns or inf when i play mid? mid is my home i aint goin alb just for another class.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Runimatrix said:
i will have a play around on catacombs then but is it better to fo like 44 CS and 39 weap and la then? and thugs why would i want to roll a ns or inf when i play mid? mid is my home i aint goin alb just for another class.

i know jack shit on SB'd but they can PA with a 2 hand wpn so would it not be wiser to have 44cs?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Go for the Wyrd spec.

That is, get 51 modified weapon spec. Forinstance, a RR5 spec would be:
36 weapon + 15
44 CS + 14
... rest spread as you fance, ie, either 39 LA for Frosty Gaze or higher Envenom for last str/con debuff and lifebane.

Ofcourse, at lower RR you can adjust weapon spec accordingly. Just aim for 51 modified weapon in a realistic time-frame (ie, RR3 or RR4).

The trick about the Wyrd spec though, is to maximise your CS spec and then exclusively use CS styles. You might throw in a Comeback/Frosty Gaze for the stun, but your main damage is CS styles. This gives the highest growth rate styles, while having the highest possible spec in that line (ie, best damage).

51 modified weapon ensures by testing that your variance is kept at a minimal.

About the two-hand PA's. It is true you will hit slightly harder using a two-hander. It is -only- slightly though. The main damage from PA come from the style bonus - not the base damage from a slow two-hander. (And to Thugs, yes, this is less true in the BG's where the base damage is relatively higher than it is in grown-up RvR).

So, if you actually rely on doing two-handed PA's you gain minimum extra damage, while putting yourself in for a long wait on the swing-timer to land the essential CD stun.

Hence, two-hand PA's is a fun gimmic in some situations, but irrellevant in most.

Btw, my SB is specced:

36 sword
39 left axe
44 critical strike
35 stealth
22 envenom

(RR5 spec with autotraining to level 48)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom