severs down again

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Hang on ! Something's not right here. Logged on. I'm in Abandoned Mines. I exited game in Underground Forest.....whassup mythic ?

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Euhm my Reaver was in housing.....now he is in Snow (Front) :eek7:

Mince

Fledgling Freddie
was in the first instance in lowbie catacombs - cant login at all now - just get a black screen :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Mine's now stuck on the loading screen in Inconnu Crypt....grrr

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
HAXXORS....

Can i have 50p free for my elf ns on pyd for the 15 mins downtime plz :)

oh well , i can go have a wa.... um bath in the meantime. I doubt itll be down long

NavaloreShadowvar

Loyal Freddie
aye i can login my chanter, but i cant login my druid, which is in ToA, stygia, it just freezes up and doesnt continue, this was happening last time until goa restarted the whole platform, i sure hope this is fixed...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
servers take time to boot up - if you can't login pressing escape will return you to your bind point when you next login.

If the zone which you're bound to isn't loaded yet you'll have to wait a few minutes :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
NavaloreShadowvar said:
aye i can login my chanter, but i cant login my druid, which is in ToA, stygia, it just freezes up and doesnt continue, this was happening last time until goa restarted the whole platform, i sure hope this is fixed...

Exactly the prob I'm having with my necro. Wont log me into Camelot City. Just freezes.

Well done Mythic.:clap:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Eeben said:
its 20 mins since its went down? an still nothing on the offical site.. It really isnt to much to ask for..

nah it's not an awful lot to ask for - I'm just trying to give the usual FH reaction to servers being down...

Argante

Loyal Freddie
I hope they reinstall all servers and delete that crap called Windows

NavaloreShadowvar

Loyal Freddie
yep in hib, the toa(excal) is down, i can login any another alt which aint it toa, same thing is happening to my friends and guildies.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
From friday:
Requiel said:
when it comes back up you'll probably find that two things will happen:
1: Everyone will be trying to log back in at once so the login server will be hammered. You may want to hold off for a few minutes or be prepared to try logging in several times.
2: The zones will come back up in stages. It can take a few minutes for everything to load and so some zones will be inaccessible for a little while after the server is up.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well, log onto the www.daoc-europe.com page and watch the new DAOC trailer - its great )

Think I'll pick my nose for a couple of hours until Mythic sort their sh1t out.

TTFN

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
mines trying to log me into abandoned mines all the time too.. tried 3 or 4 times so far.. i was in deadlands b4 the servers went down and im bound in goth.. so very odd o_O

needless to say.. cant log in :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I can't log my necro in. It just stick on Abandoned Mines load screen (even though I last played him in Camelot). Should I sent a note to rightnow ?

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
i wouldnt send it just yet.. i just managed to log mine in.. this time it loaded me in in goth.. but as soon as i ported to camelot.. i got the abandoned mines loading screen again and now im getting that all the time again.. will keep trying

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
wonder have long it takes them to post some info on http://daoc.goa.com/en/

it goes like this,

1. server goes BOOM,

2. E & E's message GM's over MSN

3. GM's finish coffee break and look at server status, Servers are up but router has gone BOOM. GM's message network team over MSN.

4. Network team finish coffee break, and check Messages. Message is in English so they pass to Translation team via MSN.

5.1 Translation Team finish Coffee break, and check messages, see message passed to network team from Englisg GM's and start to translate it.

5.2 Translation team get stuck as they Dont know Router has gone BOOM and they cant go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to do the translation from english to french. They decide to try and translate it anyway:

English GM message before translation

"WTF!!! network gone BOOM!!!"

After translation too french :

" WTF!!! network allé à la BOOM"

6. Translation team pass message on to Network team.

7. network team poke hampster with cattle prode, its moving as fast as it can.

8. Network team run diagnostic tools.

8.1 they find that there ping plot license has expired....

8.2 They pingplot www.blizzard.co.uk, and find that Network has indeed gone BOOM

8.3 Network team whine on blizzard forum, because they cannot reach WoW servers

8.4 Network team send a message to englisg GM's via MSN with there findings

9. English GM's forward message to translation team.

10. Translation team still have problems with reaching http://babelfish.altavista.com/ so the decide to translate it manually:

French network team message before translation

"network allé à la BOOM, 30 people a entré dans NF. Nous allons blâmer l'opentransit"

English translation

"network go BOOM, the hampster Ate roast beef, we are blaming Opentransit"

11. English GM's Message Marketing team to request that an official notice is put on the DAOC europe site.

12. Marketing read message and correctly edit it:

before editing

"Our servers are having problems with the ammount of concurrent connections, this coupled with obsolete hardware and no failover has resulted in a router blowing its load, as a result DAOC playes cannot get on to the server"

After editing and posting on website

"Some players experienced difficulty in reaching the DAOC servers this afternoon, this was due to an opentransit router not working properly. We are monitoring the network and are liaseing with opentransit to solve the problem. We apologise to those effected players"

:m00:

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
any luck logging in ur necro yet Lamp? still cant log in here.

Mince

Fledgling Freddie
still got black screen when loggin in necro here :( can log minstrel in ok in cotswolds.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
yeh im logged in on a diff char atm.. apparently loads of people who cant log in... 6 or 7 on my /as alone

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
And now they are closing down the whole thing :puke:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Still can't get it. Tried again and its says " Can't get into game" on main Catas loading screen. Sigh. I'll go on one of the french servers for a bit and dazzle guild mates with my o level french lol

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
i dont mind them restarting and stuff.. shows they are trying to fix it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom