Advice Settings that affect Kiosk accounts

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So I've set up a bunch of laptops to go out on site. Admin account for my use and a Kiosk account for the end users. Occasionally the printing preferences will go screwy. When that happen I have to go into the admin account, remove the other account from Kiosk mode, go into it and change the settings and then go change it back to Kiosk.

I've been looking but I can't find a way to change the settings in the admin account and have them apply to the Kiosk account but I haven't find a way. Am I missing something? Windows 10.

Ta.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There may be a simpler way but you could find which registry settings apply the kiosk preferences, export them to a file and if they fuck up just run that regfile from your admin account to re apply them.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So I've set up a bunch of laptops to go out on site. Admin account for my use and a Kiosk account for the end users. Occasionally the printing preferences will go screwy. When that happen I have to go into the admin account, remove the other account from Kiosk mode, go into it and change the settings and then go change it back to Kiosk.

I've been looking but I can't find a way to change the settings in the admin account and have them apply to the Kiosk account but I haven't find a way. Am I missing something? Windows 10.

Ta.
Group policy?

Access Denied

Can you do that without a Microsoft domain set up?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can you do that without a Microsoft domain set up?
Yes. I think it has to be Windows Professional though but I also think there are ways around that too.

Try running gpedit.msc and see what you get.

Access Denied

Yes. I think it has to be Windows Professional though but I also think there are ways around that too.

Try running gpedit.msc and see what you get.

I'll look more into it but so far I'm not seeing anything that lets me set printing preferences. Screenshot to show you what I mean.

Attachments

• Image20210429161730.png
    Image20210429161730.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 4

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll look more into it but so far I'm not seeing anything that lets me set printing preferences. Screenshot to show you what I mean.
This all varies but you should be able to set the defaults then use group policy to block user changes.

You could also export the registry settings then apply them with a scheduled task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom