Advice Setting up a music system

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Hi folks.

I went through my music collection last night on my computer and it made me realise how much I miss not having a Hifi anymore. Is there anything on the market that will allow me to play music from my PC, but give me a decent user interface to mess around with the songs/playlists?

Any help is appreciated. Payment will be made in the form of a Geordie reach around!!!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What's your budget?

Can I get a down payment on the reach around?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Exactly, I run a Sonos system, but it is expensive (hence my question re budget).

Calaen

What's your budget?

Can I get a down payment on the reach around?

I havent got a budget in mind, I don't mind spending a bit of cash to get something that does what I want it too!

soze

I am a FH squatter
I now have 3 SqueezeBox Radios in my house and have an excellent iPad app for controlling them. They do more expensive systems which you hook up to a set of speakers and you can then get a remote with a color screen that lets you browse your library and select albums. Depending on how serious you are about your music the Radio might not be for you as it only has the one speaker a lot of real audio heads write it off.

Calaen

I now have 3 SqueezeBox Radios in my house and have an excellent iPad app for controlling them. They do more expensive systems which you hook up to a set of speakers and you can then get a remote with a color screen that lets you browse your library and select albums. Depending on how serious you are about your music the Radio might not be for you as it only has the one speaker a lot of real audio heads write it off.

Honestly I just want to be able to hear my music.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
your not very clear on what you want, the sonos and squeeze box are very decent as is the http://www.brennan.co.uk
richer sounds do a cabridge audio net work streamer which is preety good as well. or you could go the diy route build a vortex box for ripping, store everything on nas and setup xbmc just for music but that would mean spending time tweaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom