Servers down all day for Europe.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This is a sign of things to come i think, patch day = Europe don't bother logging in.

Seriously 5pm UK time servers are scheduled to come back up?

The Europe servers are in Ireland for fucks sake.

Reminds me of the SWG days when Sony would take the servers down nice and early in the US so they could play all day yet shafted Europe in the arse.

rynnor

Rockhound
It is pretty poor - I wonder why these yank companies never learn - do they really only think in american timezones?

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Yep was really excited to get stuck into the game today. Was gonna be my first real day of playing. Logged on at 9am to notice the announcement on the server. Real pain in the ass

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nothing new really, patchdays etc, just ignore any online game :p

After 10+ years, i don't really get annoyed by these.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Nothing new really, patchdays etc, just ignore any online game :p

After 10+ years, i don't really get annoyed by these.

Patch day's are fine when they take Europe into account and patch accordingly, Bioware Europe should be handling this shit.

The fixes are so minor and so small that they could have done this after New Year.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Was going to go out and pick up a copy so could play today. Guess I can put that off till later if the middle of the day is now considered a suitable time for server maintenance.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Buggeration, I was looking forward to a self indulgent all day gaming session.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Patch day's are fine when they take Europe into account and patch accordingly, Bioware Europe should be handling this shit.

The fixes are so minor and so small that they could have done this after New Year.

Yeah it's not fine, just saying i'm pretty much used to it :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i *believe* they are looking at changing it to some time earlier for us, but are currently doing it all at the same time in case it explodes etc. Once it settles down it will be shifted to a more EU friendly time slot. Or so i read

Aada

Part of the furniture
Maintenance is extended and no time frame is given for servers to come back up.

I hate to see what a big content patch will be like.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Early MMOs(no real excuse, but still) like DAoC were down for two days at worst patches. Not to mention the emergency shut-downs after.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Cheeky bastards, loads of fixes but none for Sorc not receiving the Darth title... gg, twats.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It aint even a big patch the fixe's are so minor they could have done it any other day except a Holiday.

Can't even use their server status page.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Does seem rather daft like, cunts have done something to Slicing aswell, question is, is it a nerf or a buff... they best not have fucked lockboxes over because thats one of the main reasons people take Slicing >< and my main source of income since I dropped UnderWorld Trading for it.

Mabs

yes they "brought it in line" cos about 90% of people were going "lol slicing is free cash keke" and telling everyone else to do it to cash in.. so who saw that nerf coming

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye, the problem is even the slightest adjustment to Slicing would literally break the profession as alot of the time you already get less money back out of the lockboxes which makes it completely useless. And given their time frame from release to this patch they clearly havent thought it through properly so i'm guessing its going to be completely broken.

Mabs

have you tried the other proffesions ? :p

ive spent over 200k on Biochem/Bioanalysis, and the "go fetch" missions take 20mins plus.. its a cash sink :p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I dont get it. I've never tried slicing but all I hear from people in game is how much money they make from slicing. They look to tone it down and suddenly everyone says, 'yeah but slicing barely makes any money already!'

I'm suspicious.

rynnor

Rockhound
I dont get it. I've never tried slicing but all I hear from people in game is how much money they make from slicing. They look to tone it down and suddenly everyone says, 'yeah but slicing barely makes any money already!'

I'm suspicious.

And rightly so - its the one craft that adds to your cash without ever having to trade on the market - its basically the cash gathering profession - bit of a mistake really.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
90% of the time you'll earn money on slicing, it actually pays for itself as far as leveling it goes.. for example I just sent Khem Val to get some lockboxes it cost me 1250 to send him on the mission he came back with 2400 but the mission took him 15 minutes, 15 minutes for 2500 is pretty shit HOWEVER for minimal effort its good :p if you're a pvp junkie you can just chain send companions for lockboxes and pvp to pass time by or if you really want to make alot of money I suggest doing:

Cybertech
Scavenging
Slicing

You'll have to buy any rare metals from players but the money you make from slicing takes care of that and selling mods/enhancements to players nets you alot of cash :) a guild mate has that combo of profs he's now got 4.1mil credits ><

Cyradix

FH is my second home
tssss... no fix for bounty hunters (dark side BH's can't finish their class quest and are stuck)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
tssss... no fix for bounty hunters (dark side BH's can't finish their class quest and are stuck)

ugh, what level class quest is that? and how much dark side affects the quest? o_O

(making a BH next so need to know what to avoid)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
It's the end of chapter 3 so you are good for a while :)
(basically you don't get the follow up quest if you pick the darkside option)

Mabs

similair thing with Inquis quest, you can finish it, but the Darth title is bugged:(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Another full day of maintenance 4th January which shafts Europe up the arse yet again.

They seriously need to sort a different schedule out for Europe.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Another full day of maintenance 4th January which shafts Europe up the arse yet again.

They seriously need to sort a different schedule out for Europe.
8am - 4pm seems perfectly reasonable for what is surely a normal working day - I'd have been more annoyed if it was down from 4pm - midnight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom