Servers are coming back up

G

Gadd

well they could at least give us the servers without the /level command. until say tomorrow or summat.

i can't believe they never found a major bug like this.

A

acei

Kemor just said in IRC that servers will be coming back up with 1.62 this afternoon but probably WITHOUT /level command, no ETA yet :(

O

oldtimer

>Isn't that how we all used to do it? Long live KTs!

Yes, but then everyone else was too, so you had no problem finding groups, now imagine a totally new player starting and finds the xp areas between lvl 1-20 almost deserted. How fun? If you had been forced to play the first 20 levels solo, would you have stayed with the game?

R

Ramshir

Uhoh, I'm just sick and tired of spending time waiting for patches that almost always come late. IMO it would be better if GOA just shut down all servers for 24 hours every time they patch to a new version even if everything went fine and then gave everyone one day free playtime to compensate. I'd rather spend one day doing something else, knowing I'm not missing any playing time and "afterpatchfun", than sit on my ass waiting for the servers to come up. This way we lose half a day or more and will most propably get nothing in return.

B

bazzaye

how come the french server (carnac) has been up all day?
bloody GOA

E

envenom

coz they dont have the /level command which is whats causing the problems on other servers

A

Annouk

cuz Carnac doesnt get the lvl command so no trouble there with the patch

G

Gadd

Originally posted by Ramshir
Uhoh, I'm just sick and tired of spending time waiting for patches that almost always come late. IMO it would be better if GOA just shut down all servers for 24 hours every time they patch to a new version even if everything went fine and then gave everyone one day free playtime to compensate. I'd rather spend one day doing something else, knowing I'm not missing any playing time and "afterpatchfun", than sit on my ass waiting for the servers to come up. This way we lose half a day or more and will most propably get nothing in return.

i totally agree with you

S

sru

Originally posted by oldtimer
>Isn't that how we all used to do it? Long live KTs!

Yes, but then everyone else was too, so you had no problem finding groups, now imagine a totally new player starting and finds the xp areas between lvl 1-20 almost deserted. How fun? If you had been forced to play the first 20 levels solo, would you have stayed with the game?

err Scout = 1'st 50 levels solo :))

D

Damon_D

If they cant get the /lvl command to work they can keep the server down for all that I care , god what kind of dumbfucks dont test stuff like that ???

A

acei

#patchday in IRC:

"DaoC 1.62: Patch Servers are up: 9.7 MB (SI) & 8.0 MB (Classic). Servers coming back up soon, /level command problems fixed!" - By Kemor

S

sru

<grin> so many trying to get on - login servers are failing

/get coffee
/read book

Users who are viewing this thread