Server

Would you like it to have many daoc players arround u in WARHAMMER?

• yes!!!

Votes: 161 85.2%
  • OH HELL NO!!!!!! (state why pweassee;)) xD

Votes: 28 14.8%

• Total voters

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
This game will attract youngsters and oldies not only from daoc and wow, but from other games too, which hopefully will make this game more wide, and hopefully more servers around which will possible spread out these daocplayers, wowplayers and randomgameplayers on different servers!

Validus

Fledgling Freddie
If i will play WAR, It's deffinately going to be played with my old guild.

So it's whichever server they choose, really.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
would love to get back together with all the old guildies from GoP, some of the funnest days I've had in DAoC.

Immortals was good too :)

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
Couldnt care less myself, DAoC'ers are no differant from any other online gamers... however its kinda nice to have an enamy with some history.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
The kind of players you describe are very much the vocal minority tbh and are in no way confined to DAoC. It's a certain type of person that behaves like this, mainly spoilt children throwing a tantrum. You get them in all games im afraid, treat them like children and try too understand they don't have any social skills and generally ignore them like you would a whining dog.
Nice generalisation. Too bad it's way off and makes you look like an idiot.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The nice daoc players I'll be happy to play alongside.

The "better than thou" elitist types unfortunately aren't confined to daoc (I'm sure there's plenty in WoW too... and any other game) and I'm sure they'll expend plenty of effort in warhammer telling everyone else how they should or shouldn't play.

I'll be happily ignoring them once again in WAR :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Min/maxing and breaking down to the nth degree the % difference between this spell line or that set of SCed armour ruined DAoC in my opinion anyways. Before Spellcrafting when people just had to go with what they were given and weren't able to twink the % and stats on their character to the tiniest degree was when DAoC's RvR was most fun for the vast majority of players.

Min/maxing can be kinda fun as long as you're not inflicting it on anyone else

e.g. I quite enjoyed putting together templates for smite clerics and crossbow armsmen :p

However, I'd never force anyone else to play something quite so ridiculous or throw a tantrum at someone because they hadn't maxxed their heat resist or something.

I might suggest they'd get better results by doing so (the heat resist, not the crossbow armsman) but I'd never demand they did it or boot them from a group for not doing it or any of the other stupid things people do over "gimp specs" in daoc...

Playing to win is one thing ;) Playing to win at the expense of everything else is another.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Min/maxing can be kinda fun as long as you're not inflicting it on anyone else

e.g. I quite enjoyed putting together templates for smite clerics and crossbow armsmen :p

However, I'd never force anyone else to play something quite so ridiculous or throw a tantrum at someone because they hadn't maxxed their heat resist or something.

I might suggest they'd get better results by doing so (the heat resist, not the crossbow armsman) but I'd never demand they did it or boot them from a group for not doing it or any of the other stupid things people do over "gimp specs" in daoc...

Playing to win is one thing ;) Playing to win at the expense of everything else is another.

so what did you vote?

because if you'd say yes.. oh im gonne find you and kill you (ingame that is:drink:)

and then come here and say:

OMFGroflcopterlollerblades, I warhammerd y0 ass! :D

anyways, since nfd is gooing warhammer i have no choice do I:<

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
think there will be 2 guilds...

<olde DAoC farts>
Old daoc players, wich are talking 24/7 how good OF was.
And how nuubish all other games are, except the other games they play aswell.

<WOW & CO>
WoW players who fiinnallyy realised theyr PVP SUX ASSSSSSSSS
YEAH!!!! THEY REALIZED IT!!!
and now they are freeeeeeeeeeeeeee RP for <olde DAoC farts>

....any comments?

That made me laugh :)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Another 'YES' here...

It would be cool to be reunited with some of my old guildies from years past, and may be even be on the same side as some of teh old bitter enemies :)

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
Couldnt care less myself, DAoC'ers are no differant from any other online gamers... however its kinda nice to have an enamy with some history.

You know you wanna go where all the doac monkees go Eb ya stealthy git :p

A few servers with a lot of daoc players on will be nice imo

your always going to get a few bad apples in any barrel.

ozar

Loyal Freddie
will have to be a yes here too.......will be good to see some old faces again :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Ive met a good deal of great ppl in daoc that i would love to see bck in WAR, soo.. yes

vav

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
Definite yes, would be nice to see mates from some other games there as well. To paraphrase what was said earlier, enemies with a history are better enemies.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I definitely rather have a DAoC community than a WoW community... atleast most of the DAoC kiddies have face pubes now atleast

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Definately, my general experience from the DAoC community was a pleasant one:)

that's because druim ligen had secret shag places;>
allthough some of my friends (will not name names *cough GAHN!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNN!!:D) sometimes also kissed Glasny in public!!!

---no animals were hurt in this post---

oldun

Fledgling Freddie
You know you wanna go where all the doac monkees go Eb ya stealthy git :p

A few servers with a lot of daoc players on will be nice imo

your always going to get a few bad apples in any barrel.

Hey Gray ..nice to see you around..are you going to the US servers ? I was talking to Vulc the other night..seems alot of the old Excal will be beta testing on the EUro server and buggering off to US asap lol

Cya around ingame m8 .if the wife and kids let you play that is lol..

Regards

Oldun

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Hey Gray ..nice to see you around..are you going to the US servers ? I was talking to Vulc the other night..seems alot of the old Excal will be beta testing on the EUro server and buggering off to US asap lol

Cya around ingame m8 .if the wife and kids let you play that is lol..

Regards

Oldun

hehe guess ur right;) though since lots of europeans are allready playing on us DAOc, there wont be that much of a change

Case

Fledgling Freddie
If when you say DAoC players your talking about the old school prydwen players then yes I would vote for a DAoC server, however, I imagine your talking about a lot of more recent players whom I would rather avoid so voted no :)

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
As some already said, DAoC community still remains better than WoW community.

And it doesn't need any explanation. You all know it. :p

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Shame it's pretty accurate and makes you look like a tool for trying to flame it out of context :)

you have research to back up that claim?
also you might wanna look up the meaning of out of context because ur obviously not aware of it.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
you have research to back up that claim?
also you might wanna look up the meaning of out of context because ur obviously not aware of it.

Research? What planet are you on?

He was making a point (not a quantitative analysis), a very valid point about the vocal minority (perhaps on forums, perhaps not) not being a true representation of the general population, thats not a generalisation as such, more an observation, you chose to take it to mean something other than what it was intended to mean, hence out of context.

You really should consider things before you post them and refrain from trying to flame those who are obviously more intelligent and have a better general understanding of things than you.

It beggars belief that someone would go out of their way to attempt too flame someone like this who is making a valid point and a constructive contribution to a topic, I guess it's the way of the forum troll?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Nice generalisation. Too bad it's way off and makes you look like an idiot.

It's more an example than a generalisation and I can see nothing wrong with comparing those who act like naughty, spoilt children to naughty, spoilt children. There is no real difference, your actions define you.

Anyway, thats not even the point, I was responding to Eble's post, which as has rightly been said, you have taken out of context. The point is that in every online game there is a vocal minority who are often heard screaming to the gods on forums or QQing in-game at other players. While a lot of DAoC players do this and indeed a lot of excali/pryd players do act like this, this is by no means confined to DAoC or to Euro gaming servers in general. You'll get this no matter where you play or what game you play. You just have to learn to ignore it and accept some players like wallowing in the anonymity afforded to them by an online persona.

I felt I was making a constructive comment, I can't really help if it's been misunderstood, but I guess everything is open to interpretation.

StyxScout

Fledgling Freddie
Having been in both games seperately for years i can safely say that i agree and feel that the DaoC community is alot more mature generally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom