Server

Would you like it to have many daoc players arround u in WARHAMMER?

• yes!!!

Votes: 161 85.2%
  • OH HELL NO!!!!!! (state why pweassee;)) xD

Votes: 28 14.8%

• Total voters

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Think it would be nice if allot of the daoc prydwen/excal cluster players would goto the same server in WARHAMMER?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
there are a lot of people from daoc id be glad to never set eyes on again :puke:

on the other hand, they are immeasurably preferable to the 12 year old Ive-never-played-an-mmo-before-apart-from-WoW-and-its-the-best fuckwits you get in, er, .. WoW (odd that)

id love to know what server (heres hoping we get more than 2 - but at least with 2 we can do "all" sides unlike daoc) all the big guilds are going to , so i know which to avoid :fluffle:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Mabs said:
there are a lot of people from daoc id be glad to never set eyes on again :puke:

on the other hand, they are immeasurably preferable to the 12 year old Ive-never-played-an-mmo-before-apart-from-WoW-and-its-the-best fuckwits you get in, er, .. WoW (odd that)

id love to know what server (heres hoping we get more than 2 - but at least with 2 we can do "all" sides unlike daoc) all the big guilds are going to , so i know which to avoid :fluffle:

Generally speaking, you get a slightly better quality of asshats in DAoC than you do in WoW ;)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
think there will be 2 guilds...

<olde DAoC farts>
Old daoc players, wich are talking 24/7 how good OF was.
And how nuubish all other games are, except the other games they play aswell.

<WOW & CO>
WoW players who fiinnallyy realised theyr PVP SUX ASSSSSSSSS
YEAH!!!! THEY REALIZED IT!!!
and now they are freeeeeeeeeeeeeee RP for <olde DAoC farts>

....any comments?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Hell yeah... at least thats what i'm hoping will happen.

After all it's the players who play the pvp/rvr that makes it great. Even if it's to become a shitty system (wich i doublt strongly :)), you'd still see a big interest in roaming as a group as long as you'd be able to find like-minded groups, hence all prydweneers and excal players should join together and give dem wow kids a spanking xD

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Would you like to have WOW players around you ?

/SHAKES HEAD

Calo

Part of the furniture
Lamp said:
Would you like to have WOW players around you ?

/SHAKES HEAD

In wow you find ALOT of very nice and friendly ppl who are more mature then alot of daoc players, then again you have the irritating kids around but oh well.. some servers are full with it, some are empty.

And fyi Angelheal, wow is gonna get a big revamp on pvp, not as good as daoc but its gonna be fun for sure.

And the expansion seems.. well.. lets just say blizzard will make alot of money out of it ;)
Seems great, and a big upgrade for casual players.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
In wow you find ALOT of very nice and friendly ppl who are more mature then alot of daoc players, then again you have the irritating kids around but oh well.. some servers are full with it, some are empty.

And fyi Angelheal, wow is gonna get a big revamp on pvp, not as good as daoc but its gonna be fun for sure.

And the expansion seems.. well.. lets just say blizzard will make alot of money out of it ;)
Seems great, and a big upgrade for casual players.

If you paint a dog blue, it's still a dog.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
I had to answer 'no' even tho 90% of me wanted to say yes, I'll explain:

most people I met on excal/pryd cluster have been great, the current situation of the cluster is something I wouldn't want to see in WAR.

Imagine for a start, WAR server opens and a few people including myself rush off to have a first look at the enemy lands and stuff, we finally make it across the lands and get to a starter town or the like.

We see two people fighting and we help kill the enemy player, knowing that many more will be incoming at any moment, then we get the 'wtf you doing!!! I was dueling! why dont you get the %^K away noobs'

I mean honestly if people want 1v1 in an MMO personally I dont think they get the concept, maybe stick to Counterstrike or something else maybe? I dunno the answer tbh.

Plenty people on excal/pryd I never want to see again.

Eble

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
eble@work said:

most people I met on excal/pryd cluster have been great, the current situation of the cluster is something I wouldn't want to see in WAR.

Imagine for a start, WAR server opens and a few people including myself rush off to have a first look at the enemy lands and stuff, we finally make it across the lands and get to a starter town or the like.

We see two people fighting and we help kill the enemy player, knowing that many more will be incoming at any moment, then we get the 'wtf you doing!!! I was dueling! why dont you get the %^K away noobs'

I mean honestly if people want 1v1 in an MMO personally I dont think they get the concept, maybe stick to Counterstrike or something else maybe? I dunno the answer tbh.

Eble

The kind of players you describe are very much the vocal minority tbh and are in no way confined to DAoC. It's a certain type of person that behaves like this, mainly spoilt children throwing a tantrum. You get them in all games im afraid, treat them like children and try too understand they don't have any social skills and generally ignore them like you would a whining dog.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
AngelHeal said:

<olde DAoC farts>

no dissing OF!!!

it was the bomb :(

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
eble@work said:

Eble

Voted no for the same reason as Eble here. There are a lot of great people on DAoC who, fortunately, I'm still in contact with either in my guild or through other forums etc.

There are also, conversely, a hell of a lot of people I'd never want to see again and if I can manage to keep the former and lose the latter I'll be delighted.

As for the WoW crowd, it's a lot easier to ignore the idiots in that game by turning off the channels they frequent :)

Tallen said:
The kind of players you describe are very much the vocal minority tbh and are in no way confined to DAoC. It's a certain type of person that behaves like this, mainly spoilt children throwing a tantrum. You get them in all games im afraid, treat them like children and try too understand they don't have any social skills and generally ignore them like you would a whining dog.

Expect you can't ignore them and they've managed to change the way RvR in DAoC is seen from that which the majority of people had and they've actually altered the perspective of what should be going on in the frontiers from the original days when it launched and everyone went out to RvR and have fun irrespective of specs, classes, RA lines etc.

Min/maxing and breaking down to the nth degree the % difference between this spell line or that set of SCed armour ruined DAoC in my opinion anyways. Before Spellcrafting when people just had to go with what they were given and weren't able to twink the % and stats on their character to the tiniest degree was when DAoC's RvR was most fun for the vast majority of players.

And I'm certainly not naive enough to know that there won't be the min/maxers in Warhammer but I'm sure hoping they feck off and get bored of the game before I reach Tier 4 ;)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Don't care, will still be playing daoc and war and prolly a few other mmo's along the way when war comes out :p

-Hayfever-

Fledgling Freddie
The more the merrier imo.

but it depends on the people who come and play it

the game might be the ''cartoony'' category WoW where everything is set out for you and you can reach a good level with a blindfold.

or DAOC the more challenging way and many people who are younger age (12-) probably wont grasp it. (in my opinion - I found it very hard at first :) )

I've played both and yes there are really nice and friendly people in all games but you tend to get more immature goons in WoW

sooo yeah I would like more people in WAR to have played DAOC...:p

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
I'd certainly like to get back together with Aesir's Blade, Realm Defenders, Banana Bunnies (mid/exc) and Guardians of Power (alb/pryd) for WAR... Everyone else though?... ;)

Kede

Fledgling Freddie
Well to be honest, I don't care if my guildies have played DAoC or not. As long as they live up to our guild code and are the nice and friendly chaps it says you have to be:)

Votan

Fledgling Freddie

<olde DAoC farts>

<WOW & CO>
WoW players who fiinnallyy realised theyr PVP SUX ASSSSSSSSS
YEAH!!!! THEY REALIZED IT!!!
and now they are freeeeeeeeeeeeeee RP for <olde DAoC farts>

....any comments?

WoW "pvp" doesn't deserve to be called "pvp"; its more like organised cattle farming. :m00:

Well OF did have its nice aspects as well as its utterly annoying ones.. same with NF :) WoW style pve with DaoC pvp would probably be the best mix.. just need to find it :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom