Server rollback

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone else noticed this when logging in this morning?

I logged in to find my GoLM missing, my CB not in my inv and my old jewelry back, items from my vault I had destroyed back and minus a couple thousand realm points.

Nothing showing on the homepage.

Anyone else got this?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
housing was crashing a bit last night - not sure what exactly was going on - the wife made some dye pots then had to remake them again 10 minutes later.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I've just checked and my Sharkskin gloves have gone too, and I had activated them at around 3pm, where as I had done GoLM later in the day. My guildmate has lost cloudsong after I had given him the scrolls for it.

Bizzare.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
that's quite a long rollback in your case - I'd suggest RightNowing it.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I just have. I also have the pleasure of having all the cash I spent on said items missing too.

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
he he my roll-back was me in silver armer and not pink but i had the pink pot's in my inventry so i was ok :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It wasn't a rollback, but there seems to be a problem with Prydwen that wasn't solved by yesterday's reboot. Our technical people have looked into it and they say there's nothing wrong with the server or the network - no backup loops, no disk space problems no systems continuously resetting etc. When Mythic get into their office this afternoon we'll be hassling them about this as a matter of urgency, in the meantime please report any problems that you have through RightNow as soon as you can. We'll try and replace what we can on a case by case basis.

When you report please be as complete as possible. For example in Teaspoon's case it would be very helpful to know the time he activated his artifact, the last time he definitely was in possession of the missing items, the approximate time that he logged back in, as complete a list as possible of the items, gold etc that are missing as well as the usual stuff like character names, realm and server. The more information we can pull out of server logs, the better chance there is of getting this fixed quickly.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
It wasn't a rollback, but there seems to be a problem with Prydwen that wasn't solved by yesterday's reboot. Our technical people have looked into it and they say there's nothing wrong with the server or the network - no backup loops, no disk space problems no systems continuously resetting etc. When Mythic get into their office this afternoon we'll be hassling them about this as a matter of urgency, in the meantime please report any problems that you have through RightNow as soon as you can. We'll try and replace what we can on a case by case basis.

When you report please be as complete as possible. For example in Teaspoon's case it would be very helpful to know the time he activated his artifact, the last time he definitely was in possession of the missing items, the approximate time that he logged back in, as complete a list as possible of the items, gold etc that are missing as well as the usual stuff like character names, realm and server. The more information we can pull out of server logs, the better chance there is of getting this fixed quickly.
Will it affect cluster?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

I take it is is just prydwen chars?

:m00:

IainC

scorge said:
I take it is is just prydwen chars?

As far as we've seen it only affects Prydwen characters.

As for whether or not it will affect the clustering, we'll have to wait and see what Mythic say about it first. It's too early to start speculating on anything yet.

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
Well i seems to have lost (first time ever loosing a thing) my quest item "Ebonhide bracer" was just about to transfer it from my bot to another char when server went offline, and bracer is not there anymore....but quest is logged as complete in quest logg :rolleyes:

Malena

Banned
Damm that sound bad

I wouldnt want too be the one fixing Items back "scary" work load

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I sent to right now with as much info I could remember. All my arti experience gone :(

RoG hammer gone :(

ML steps gone :(

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

As for whether or not it will affect the clustering, we'll have to wait and see what Mythic say about it first. It's too early to start speculating on anything yet.

Thxs :)

but what CANT you replace, ML XP, Arti XP, Gold, Arti credit, ML credit? Best to let people know what you can replace, otherwise your going to get Rightnow requests you cant do anything about :mad:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

Will you inform us once you know, or do we have to wait for friday news as usual?

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Also lost plenty of items, most/all of which were obtained yesterday. Hopefully they are able to fix this asap.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Items lost and some items were actually duplicated so i now have 2 copies. Something have gone seriously wrong. :puke:

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i checkt today and all my scrolls was still on cm and my cash...and i havent done any arti hunting the past weeks so

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Lost my Lastname, the nice nightshade cloth crafted for me, but only parts i was wearing, wich transformed into aurulite grey con fac 20, but most anoying as a player just starting out on a realm, i lost 2.5 levels!!!! ohh and a cloak

Jjuraa

Banned
i have a question, are we actually going to get these things back? i lost like 4 levels on CTD, whih isnt much compared to some people but still about 6 hours worth of pbaoe.. is there anyway to verify and recompensate?

IainC

scorge said:
Thxs :)

but what CANT you replace, ML XP, Arti XP, Gold, Arti credit, ML credit? Best to let people know what you can replace, otherwise your going to get Rightnow requests you cant do anything about :mad:

It will depend on the circumstances. Unfortunately some people will try and take advantage, where we have reasonable evidence that something was genuinely lost we'll try to replace it, if there's no evidence from logs, character backups etc then we won't be able to. Lost levels and xp (both for characters and artifacts) may be problematic but in some cases these can be restored too.

Eva said:
Will you inform us once you know, or do we have to wait for friday news as usual?
As soon as we can give you any news about clustering it'll be on the website.
A lot will depend on our conversations with Mythic this afternoon.

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
I lost jacina sash artifact, and it was activated. I lost my money I bought 3o3 tarin for yesterday too :eek:

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
This is starting to get strange...i left my crafter in Hagall with maybe 8 plat left after crafting some armor for my self (spent 1,2 plat maybe) and i haid not made any MP stuff i hooped for but haid a bunch of 99%, today when i loggin im standing in Svasud with original amount of 9,2 plat and no crafted eqipment in my inventory, but 400+ arcanium bars missing from my crafter?? AND the char stands with craft bar open.....
so ive lost some 99% craft stuff and 400 arc bars it seems, the bizzare thing is that i did this few hours before server restart, thought it was only thing juts prior to restart..doh :mad:

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
biggest worry is will this keep happening? is it safe to go do anything ingame? ohh and btw housing zone is booting people from game, so cant even go buy new stuff.

Malena

Banned
Requiel said:
*if there's no evidence from logs, character backups etc then we won't be able to. Lost levels and xp (both for characters and artifacts) may be problematic but in some cases these can be restored too.*
QUOTE]
Requiel said:
as far I know your "logs" you have got (goa). from my personal experiance doo leave alot of things to desire. Nothing I/or the eu daoc community can hold Requiel responsible for

sometimes I wish it was a way too encrypt a coded string to the user account what you have and what you dont have every time you log in and out "autobackup" + a stringbackup who stretch over month whats happening at our account this string should then only be readable by mythics(goa).

Jjuraa

Banned
suelothvar said:
biggest worry is will this keep happening? is it safe to go do anything ingame? ohh and btw housing zone is booting people from game, so cant even go buy new stuff.

this is what im having trouble with too, if i keep on leveling my artifacts now, will they just get rolled back again? or if i level it futher than it is at the moment, will that be destroying evidence that would help me retreive the exp levels i lost? or would you be able to add them on whenever?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
this is what im having trouble with too, if i keep on leveling my artifacts now, will they just get rolled back again? or if i level it futher than it is at the moment, will that be destroying evidence that would help me retreive the exp levels i lost? or would you be able to add them on whenever?

A good question, could more problems overwrite early logs so that even though you have lost items there is no logs to show it as they have been overwritten!

Thor666

Loyal Freddie
My SM (natpyre) went back from rr2l8 to rr2l5, lost about 60% ml exp, plus the ra respec stone i bought and used last night between 4 and five in the morning is wasted. Still lost the money for it on my healer (hvergelmer) though, and he seems to be "up-to-date". :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom