Server Poll 2, including Factions

What server type and faction do you plan to use on retail?

• Total voters

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Mavericky said:
But wouldnt you agree that the random people who are running the census are going to be a large enough sample to be sample of the population, that a true proportion of the server real status is given. In any case it isnt just the census that says there are more alliance its the actual people on the servers themselves. Checkout any of the US forums.

I hope that with the majority of FH users going to Horde, that it might help to balance things overall, as I still think that more MMORPG virgins will goto alliance than Horde (following the US pattern).

I do agree that Alliance is way more populated than Horde.

The PvP servers seem more balanced though, I think with all the decent Horde racial traits people are more inclined to pick them for the extra whack you'll get in PvP. Whereas on the normal servers its not such a big issue, newcomers will just pick what 'looks good'.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Mandi said:
I quit DAoC tonight, gave away my houses and stuff and will not renew my account for awhile, all because I got into final beta of WoW and got hooked. Now for what i've seen in DAoC for 3 years was that a majority always played alb and hibs where always outnumbered 3 to 1. As I look at this poll I surely hope me and the rest who plays Alliance wont be outnumbered again. Don't let this game turn into DAoC part 2; Make it balanced so we all have fun instead of running outside a town and getting spanked by horde so hard you'll just log out of frustration, something I can miss like hell, being ex-daoc and all...

Everyone goes 'Wow, Horde is cool, ima be one!' but it takes more courage to take another side i'm sure. Anyway, i'm going Alliance, pvp or not, still making up my mind...at least we don't have to worry about Buffbots here innit...

Dont worry. Having 2 sides and not 3 it is a 100% sure taht the numbers will be balanced.

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
ENH has gone pvp Horde on a US server so most will go pvp Alliance on a EU server.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
I will propably go at the rp servers, not out of any mad desire to rp, but mostly because of what i have read from other games' forums is that rp servers are generally tend to attract more mature people and more solid communities are built around them.

Atleast that's the impression i had from all the us rp servers.

Don't really want to go pvp, as i think that once bg's are out most people will fight there on all kind of servers so i can get some pvp action anyway by the time i reach 60 w/o being ganked 2000 times while xp'ing/questing.

As for Horde/Alliance, i don't really know. Will certainly make a shaman though, so will try Horde on some server.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Mavericky said:
But wouldnt you agree that the random people who are running the census are going to be a large enough sample to be sample of the population, that a true proportion of the server real status is given.
No. There's no evidence that enough people use that mod to make it significant.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Well im gona try WoW out for a month or 2 to see what i think, but i will start off as a NightElf Hunter!
The only thing i wish i knew was... what server are all the people ive played DAoC/Prydwen with for the last 3yrs are going to play, be it mid/alb/hib ?
Would be great to be on the same server as you guys!

RandomPlayer01

Fledgling Freddie
Roleplay

I missed the DAoC Europe not having a roleplay/co-op server, so im giving it a go in WoW.

Alliance

What can i say.... Gnome Power! :clap:

Kede

Fledgling Freddie
gonna play Undead Mage, fire/arc spec ´till high lvl, then respec frost/arc I think, not sure yet. Wanted to play Gnome, cos of better stats, but they are on the wrong side....irl friend plays Horde

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Couple of key points:

1. You don't have to be level 60 with crafted gear and ToA'd items to RvR; you can start almost right away.

2. If you are a quote <casual> unquote player you will level faster than traditional DAoC. Consequently you do not have to restrict yourself to a single character.

3. In fact I would suggest you make an alt or several because crafting - especially at lower levels - is very useful. Get an alt to level 5, become a tailor, have your main send him/her the linen drops and that's your bag issue sorted. Have a level 5 herbalist / alchemist (or some combination) and you can have healing potions (which are instant use with a cool down period so can be a life saver). Getting a bod to level 5 is both fun and quick and - useful.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
The Rigante are playing Alliance/Warsong feel free to pop by and say hi anyone who knows me :)

Cadwyessa lvl 15 Gnome Warlock
Case lvl 9 Dwarf Paladin

We're recruiting for anyone looking for a nice friendly guild too :)

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey Marczje ;) nice to meet you here
BokkeRijders are playing on Bloodhoof/Alliance

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Playing on Dunemaul PVP server.

Currently have lvl 22 Gnome Rogue (Cad) and a lvl 14 Elven Priest (Cadire).

I am considering moving to the FH regular's server, as Dunemaul is a little quiet.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Playing on Daggerspine;

42 Rogue and 30 Priest

< Flying Dutchmen Horde >

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Stormscale - lvl 32 gnome rogue

in Suicide Squad

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I see PvP servers seem the most successful servers. Don't most people realise that there is a pvp aspect as well on the normal and RP servers?

I mean, PvP servers are like camlann in Daoc ( where it wasn't Dark age of Camelot anymore, but Dark Age of Counterstrike :mad: )

Ah well, better latency for the rest of us :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Vintersorg said:
I see PvP servers seem the most successful servers. Don't most people realise that there is a pvp aspect as well on the normal and RP servers?

I mean, PvP servers are like camlann in Daoc ( where it wasn't Dark age of Camelot anymore, but Dark Age of Counterstrike :mad: )

not like camlann at all :)

only get ganked 10% (in WoW)of the time rather than 99% (on camlann)here :cheers:

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Vintersorg said:

Camlan had open PvP, attack anyone, anywhere.

in WoW, PvP is limited to fighting between the two main factions.

I'd be bored stiff if I couldn't Mind Control gnomes off Thandol Span.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Nice poll - I was gonna ask what kind of server is best to start on - game not arrived yet :( - so PvP it is, like the honour system - reminds me of game I used to play a while back with Moral system PKing types ending up with Devil Moral making them unable to enter towns and pay more for stuff.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
SilverHood said:
Camlan had open PvP, attack anyone, anywhere.

in WoW, PvP is limited to fighting between the two main factions.

I'd be bored stiff if I couldn't Mind Control gnomes off Thandol Span.

OK, seems as if it's not as bad as I though then :)
Because a few people on these forums (won't name them, they know who they are ;) ) who managed to disgust me from PvP servers before I even created a character on them.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:

only get ganked 10% (in WoW)of the time rather than 99% (on camlann)here :cheers:

stormscale is almost the camlann of wow then ;)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:

do u whant to take back that statment :p :touch:

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Must admit that since the honour patch I find it impossible to solo. Kinda difficult to level my hunter atm as they aren't really built for groups and every lvl 4x spot is camped by 5x lvl players looking for easy honour from people like me :)

I moved to Bloodhoof and I thought I would try alliance for a while. Enjoying it so far. Seems to be LOADS more quests available for alliance for some reason.

M
(isquish - bloodhoof)

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
`mongoose said:
Must admit that since the honour patch I find it impossible to solo. Kinda difficult to level my hunter atm as they aren't really built for groups and every lvl 4x spot is camped by 5x lvl players looking for easy honour from people like me :)

I moved to Bloodhoof and I thought I would try alliance for a while. Enjoying it so far. Seems to be LOADS more quests available for alliance for some reason.

M
(isquish - bloodhoof)

ganking grinders will go down alot when battlegrounds is out.

Also isnt nearly all the pvp on normal server attacking / raiding oposite towns?
(at least that is what it is on rp srv)

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Solo said:
ganking grinders will go down alot when battlegrounds is out.

Also isnt nearly all the pvp on normal server attacking / raiding oposite towns?
(at least that is what it is on rp srv)

Pretty much so yes. As pvp is vouluntary the best way to get any action is to ring alarm bells by attacking the guards at the towns.

So Crossroads tends to look like Faluja :p

In DAoC I was a PvE junky and only PvP'd for a change of pace so I went that way in WoW. Works fine for me plus l can still go raid when I want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom