Server Poll 2, including Factions

What server type and faction do you plan to use on retail?

• Total voters

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
The first server pool was a damn good idea, but now I find myself wanting to know what faction people are going play as well as what game type.
Basically, I want to find like minded people with a view to group/guilding straight away, and thought this might help everyone to do the same. Especially MMORPG newbies like me, or other people not already in a Guild.

I set it to multiple choice as I know some will start several characters and they might as well represent that here.

So on with Poll number 2!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
does anyone know when the names are released of the servers?

horde pvp for the win

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Stickying is always a dangerous prospect if you want anyone to read the post :) I'm not sure my eyes stray to that part of the forum usually..

Anyway, as you know, I'm going Normal/Alliance and dragging my fantastic bunch of minions (largely from Realm Defenders/Aesir's Blade on mid/exc and Guardians of Power on alb/pryd) with me.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Unstickied. Good advice, was wondering myself....

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
pvp alliance for me :) I want a gimped druid or something

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Pvp - Horde im in love with the priest and Undead is the coolest class after gnome, but they cant be priest /:

Cyradix

FH is my second home
The vote is still out in our guild, but most likely it will be Horde PvP

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
Normal alliance with my guild and might try something on a pvp server.

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
CF have decided we're gonna go normal alliance and the 5th alphabetically :p majority of us played there in beta and enjoyed it so we're staying i think axiom knights are jining us there also :)

Dirty Dawg

Fledgling Freddie
Deffo Alliance!!!!!
Hmmmmmm pvp or Normal dunno yet maybe this poll will make my mind up!!!!!!

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Grab your sword and fight the Horde!

Normal Alliance for me.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
PvP alliance

Evoknox the huntress shooting hordes near you february 11!

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
pvp alliance, gonna make me another drood although im a bit shite at anything but healing with it

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thug said:
pvp alliance, gonna make me another drood although im a bit shite at anything but healing with it

Now then... you managed to spell the word 'druid' fine in your signature, so how about trying to spell it right when you post too? Just a suggestion :)

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
sorry jup i was trying to sound cool and l337 which im obviously not:( i wont do it again, dont like being told off :(

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
No such thing as a "normal" server in WoW afaik. Just PvP and RP.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
PvP Alliance with main character and probably some alt on a RP server cause I wanna try that as well.

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
My 2 cents

I quit DAoC tonight, gave away my houses and stuff and will not renew my account for awhile, all because I got into final beta of WoW and got hooked. Now for what i've seen in DAoC for 3 years was that a majority always played alb and hibs where always outnumbered 3 to 1. As I look at this poll I surely hope me and the rest who plays Alliance wont be outnumbered again. Don't let this game turn into DAoC part 2; Make it balanced so we all have fun instead of running outside a town and getting spanked by horde so hard you'll just log out of frustration, something I can miss like hell, being ex-daoc and all...

Everyone goes 'Wow, Horde is cool, ima be one!' but it takes more courage to take another side i'm sure. Anyway, i'm going Alliance, pvp or not, still making up my mind...at least we don't have to worry about Buffbots here innit...

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I believe Alliance will outnumber Horde in the end anyway... though I think a majority on FH will play Horde.. for some strange reason :)

I'm going to play either a Undead Priest or Tauren Druid... haven't decided yet :)

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Mavericky said:
Yeah, in the US on some servers the horde is outnumbered by upto 5-1, but hopefully it may be more balanced on EU servers, current split is according this site 63% alliance 37% horde http://warcraftrealms.com/census.php?race=Troll
But you cant trust Census info... it takes a screenshot of the people who is currently online at that time, regardless of if they play there normaly or just logged on to make a lvl 1 gnome to ask there neighbour whats for dinner....

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Lakih said:
But you cant trust Census info... it takes a screenshot of the people who is currently online at that time, regardless of if they play there normaly or just logged on to make a lvl 1 gnome to ask there neighbour whats for dinner....

However it does give a pretty clear indication, if you take that census 10 times, and it gives similar results every time. Also with such large player base, the lvl 1 gnomes and people not on there main server will average out and would in insignificant to the results

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
I figured most would play Alliance for the same reason most played Albion = they are human/more human.

I do hope it balances out though.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Mavericky said:
However it does give a pretty clear indication, if you take that census 10 times, and it gives similar results every time. Also with such large player base, the lvl 1 gnomes and people not on there main server will average out and would in insignificant to the results

"This is a graphical display of data submitted from the Warcraft CensusPlus UI Mod. The collected World of Warcraft Census information gives a general view of server, faction and overall population trends. Only characters level 10 and up that have been seen in the past 30 days are included in this data."

All it does, is every time you run past someone it logs their name and race to a database. Problem with this is, if you have 100 people using that Mod, and 70 are alliance 30 are Horde you are going to get lob sided results as the main people that an Alliance member 'sees' is other Alliance..

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
"All it does, is every time you run past someone it logs their name and race to a database. Problem with this is, if you have 100 people using that Mod, and 70 are alliance 30 are Horde you are going to get lob sided results as the main people that an Alliance member 'sees' is other Alliance..

But wouldnt you agree that the random people who are running the census are going to be a large enough sample to be sample of the population, that a true proportion of the server real status is given. In any case it isnt just the census that says there are more alliance its the actual people on the servers themselves. Checkout any of the US forums.

I hope that with the majority of FH users going to Horde, that it might help to balance things overall, as I still think that more MMORPG virgins will goto alliance than Horde (following the US pattern).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom