server numbers in us :P

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Skald is very fotm btw. Out of about 1000 online, 180 were skalds.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Thats because each server is at its limit...thats why no more can get on.

Ector has space for about 2300 more people. So you either declare things as facts without checking numbers and knowing anything about the truth, or ...

jorky

Fledgling Freddie
anyone of u guys playing mid/lamorak ?? just started zerker there and would love to be in any exc guilds if there is gonna be one ?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Current numbers for peak hours: 8229 from 31243 players playing on classic servers, not all classic servers are full, so there is space for more. It is less than 27%. Considering the 3rd classic server is far from full imho it is an interesting stat.

A few other facts: If you see the Lamorak relic raid video it ends up sayins see you on live, so it is probably made in /level 44 days. Current relic ownership according to Herald would support this: http://guilds.camelotherald.com/realms/index.php?server=Lamorak

If you also check Champions page you will see most people are still exping, so lack of 50s on rp top chart shows most people doesn't have templates, but highly motivated to reach 50, so can't realy decide yet how the server will work after 50.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Note the population of Andred (the second US PvP server)

;)
You do know that andred has been closed for almost 2 years, right? ;)

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Abel: It might sound rude, but when I have full ML4 credit on a level 42 character, already has a level 10 arti and lots of people claim how hard it is to get anything done in TOA, that speaks about their skills only.

I had a rr8l6 cleric in one of Alb/Exc biggest guilds, so it's not that I lacked friends/skill/playtime/whatever. Being capable of enduring raids or camps of many hours does not boil down to skill, it's about how much time you're prepared to waste on a game. And I and many others were not prepared to do that.

Also I know that ToA got a lot better in recent times, but it still takes quite a lot of time and for people who are just interested in the PvP end-game it's a major obstacle. The fact that many players have been playing DAoCs PvE game for years now doesn't really make it easier to stomach any more of it.

Many ex-DAoC players refuse to pick up DAoC again because of buffbots and ToA and these servers are clearly aimed at getting those people back, hence I expect quite a few to stick with it.

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
And to all of the people who say people will get bored after a while at level 50 there is Darkness Rising coming around as well as a revisiting of the Old world. Why would people on the TOA servers even bother with Old world stuff? TOA replaced half the game for them, Catacombs replaced the other half. With the 'classic' servers I've seen people in catacombs and old world zones hunting.

Soon SI dungeon raids will be the norm also, Darkness Rising will add a freshness to darkness falls and given it's design premise will be able to be completed by 1FG not the Zergs that are still required by TOA to do anything in any meaningful time.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Danya said:
You do know that andred has been closed for almost 2 years, right? ;)

yes, hence population 0.... it's not listed on the herald anymore...

i.e. "andred was capped population at launch now it no longer exists"

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't matter if the servers eventually go down to 0, the fun of playing on full servers during the period it happens is better than playing on a mature server where nearly everyone has a bot, no-one groups before 50, there are no new players, crafting is almost worthless and ML-s can't get done unless Eggy is leading a raid.

Stay on your slowly dieing servers, hug your artifacts and remember the old days :) Clustering wont save you, it hasn't saved those US servers to which it was done.

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
All the people saying this is the same as the PVP servers, I would say you are wrong. I think lots of people re opened their accounts in the US to play on these new servers. With the PVP servers everyone rushed to try them out because they added a new aspect to the game. These new servers are just what alot of people like my self have wanted sinse ToA came out, I know im not alone in finding RvR far far far more enjoyable than PvE.

Just my words, if goa dont make this server before I get internet.. Well then im off to us.

lmx

Fledgling Freddie
If after 1-2 months the numbers are still like that then I'm sure GoA will consider making a server like that.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Shame it would probably kill old servers even more here - on US they can always add another server to a cluster, but here we only have 2 english servers and if they fall to about 200-300 people a side like US servers have they are effectively dead even when clustered.

Ive actually reconsiderd and dont think i want GOA to give us this server type in EU - if you want to play it you might as well play it on US. If we somehow see an increase in players here then it might be a good idea to set up one of those servers here, but not when population is as it is.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Abel: You have time to camp oily rag? To go sidi? Most such raids were for level 50s only. In TOA I have a level 43 with credit till ML5, and being on an ML raid sometimes won't take more time than exping. Many says "TOA is after 50 and makes stuff longer" I doubt if on that character I rarely play (even if I just see daoc, I have more active characters) TOA didn't make anything slower, and I doubt if it will (in fact I think FoP makes life easier)

But there is another topic: how many people play on normal servers? Less than one third of total population and the servers aren't full.

mirieth!

Banned
a euro classic server would kill the regular ones, end of. if you want to play classic, go to the u.s. servers. there's loads of euros playing (1.5k is about the lowest i've seen the server pop go down to at any time for example), the service from mythic is indescribably better than that of goa, i have notice no difference in how laggy it is, servers are much more stable, much better xml... and so on and so on.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
mirieth! said:
a euro classic server would kill the regular ones, end of. if you want to play classic, go to the u.s. servers. there's loads of euros playing (1.5k is about the lowest i've seen the server pop go down to at any time for example), the service from mythic is indescribably better than that of goa, i have notice no difference in how laggy it is, servers are much more stable, much better xml... and so on and so on.

Friends are the main thing that i play this game for. The main reason why i stay on euro servers.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Been playing on the US Servers for about 1-2 weeks now. I have gone LD possibly 2-3 times after playing for a while. As for lag, no real lag other than at night the instances get spikes from the user load.

Classic servers is a great addition (or roll back as some are calling it.) Lots of euro players about and the community is actually picking up quite nicely.

mirieth!

Banned
then force friends to go with you :D. leveled to 50 (well, will be in a matter of hours) with 2 friends from excaliburrr and it has been a blast. well, except for 49, which is sucking massively, because our bm was 5 bubs ahead and i'm jealous :( QQ

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Friends are the main thing that i play this game for. The main reason why i stay on euro servers.
If friends don't go to Lamorak they wouldn't go for an EU classic server.

And many people have US accounts because of the extra server types they have. Namely on Gaheris, the cooperative server, if you look around you will find several players from Europe. And we can even turn different time zone to our advantage. (less stuff camped)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
Camlann was at cap players the first month or so.... see in a couple of weeks how many play those 2 new servers then :)
Lots of people prolly just try out the new servers for a change.

some people seem to forget that it is NOTHING new at all.... its something old and trusted, it has been played like that for over a year xD

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Well the server made me buy US cata and start DAoC again after a year long break, so I guess they are doing something right :p

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
How you solo Vampires in those 2 servers having no buffsbot. I realy like the idea of no buffbots but seams to me that Vampires will rull the place. Is like trying to kill a Vamp in thindraki with an unbufffed char. Even fgs will use Vamps since they will not have to use buffboted druids in the group.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
mirieth! said:
then force friends to go with you :D. leveled to 50 (well, will be in a matter of hours) with 2 friends from excaliburrr and it has been a blast. well, except for 49, which is sucking massively, because our bm was 5 bubs ahead and i'm jealous :( QQ

Grats on 50 btw :p

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
Vermillon said:
How you solo Vampires in those 2 servers having no buffsbot. I realy like the idea of no buffbots but seams to me that Vampires will rull the place. Is like trying to kill a Vamp in thindraki with an unbufffed char. Even fgs will use Vamps since they will not have to use buffboted druids in the group.

Good luck to the bards and druids without proper QD :touch:

If you look at the pop though youll see vamps are at or very near the top with buffing classes, so prepare to see 100 odd vamps soloing together :<

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
new stealthers will be vamps on there.. atleast you can see when they come..

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dallas said:
new stealthers will be vamps on there.. atleast you can see when they come..

hahaa see skalds being chased by hundreds of vamp's

maybe someone should make an xbox armsman called Blade, plus a female throwing axe warrior called Buffy,

both use dmg hacks and they slay the vamps?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
some people seem to forget that it is NOTHING new at all.... its something old and trusted, it has been played like that for over a year xD

Name an 1 years long period from past with NF and no TOA. Oh should I speak about catacombs, with cap increases? Should I point to a few more facts about the classic servers you ignored?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom