Guinevere(RP) 541
Lancelot 955
Merlin 1178
Gareth(Classic) 3080
Lamorak(Classic) 3499

seems like ppl enjoy non-toa :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Camlann was at cap players the first month or so.... see in a couple of weeks how many play those 2 new servers then :)
Lots of people prolly just try out the new servers for a change.

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Espen said:
Iseult 275
Kay 285
Pellinor 302
Igraine 268
Bedevere 285
Tristan 289
Gawaine 231
Bors 269
Palomides 277
Nimue(RP) 218
Percival(RP) 529
Morgan 347
Galahad 412
Pendragon(Test) 22
Mordred(PvP) 262
Gaheris(Coop) 297
Guinevere(RP) 541
Lancelot 955
Merlin 1178
Gareth(Classic) 3080
Lamorak(Classic) 3499

That means absolutely nothing, pvp servers in the US and Euro were the same at first. :m00:

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Same thing happend when the Camlann, PvP server came out. Its just the initial rush.

Although ToA did suck :)

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
If its like that in a month or two I'll be worried :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Note the population of Andred (the second US PvP server)

;)

They might still be like that in a month or two - but it's waaaaaaaaay too early to say "omg TOA SUXXORS!"

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Espen said:
Iseult 275
Kay 285
Pellinor 302
Igraine 268
Bedevere 285
Tristan 289
Gawaine 231
Bors 269
Palomides 277
Nimue(RP) 218
Percival(RP) 529
Morgan 347
Galahad 412
Pendragon(Test) 22
Mordred(PvP) 262
Gaheris(Coop) 297
Guinevere(RP) 541
Lancelot 955
Merlin 1178
Gareth(Classic) 3080
Lamorak(Classic) 3499

Is that with new or old Frontiers?? or only NoN- TOA?

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think you can compare it with opening of PvP. And there is nothing new to see on those non TOA servers.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Note the population of Andred (the second US PvP server)

;)

They might still be like that in a month or two - but it's waaaaaaaaay too early to say "omg TOA SUXXORS!"

But if TOA is so good, then why did people vote to remove it in a new server... or 2? :touch: I am not saying it is really bad, I mean the TOA zones and quests are really very well thought out... but the change in balance that it gave people is just riduclous.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Dreamor said:
But if TOA is so good, then why did people vote to remove it in a new server... or 2? :touch:

If toa was so bad why do you and all others on these boards still play daoc? :touch:

Attaching any conclusions to these numbers is shortsighted and frankly .. plain dumb .. about as shortsighted as thinking that clustering will be good for Pryd and Excal in the long run ^^

"people" also voted Bush for president of the US ... I mean if that isn't enough proof for you that democracy doesn't automaticly result in good things then I don't know what will.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Im sure if they gave the choice to go to a non-toa server I wonder how many would go back to it full time?

After all, most people already have all thier mls, artis, high rr's and full sc kits and would they be willing to let that all go?

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
would happily dump friar for new friar on non toa server
toa cost me far too time and no fun,also lots of friends disappeared from the game.....
deepfried

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
without ToA there'd have been far more people quitting out of boredom than those that quit becuase they didn't like it...

That said if ToA had released in its current state it'd have been hailed as brilliant with just a couple of unbalanced things ;)

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Im sure if they gave the choice to go to a non-toa server I wonder how many would go back to it full time?

After all, most people already have all thier mls, artis, high rr's and full sc kits and would they be willing to let that all go?

Yup my idea exactly. My guess is that in a month or so people will return to their "home" server and population will settle. TOA has been out some time now and most people by now have the arti's they want or if an alt needs them, they are easier to obtain that before same with ml's. I think most wouldn't want to give up their ml10 rr 6 to start all over again.

Will be interesting to see what will happen with population in a few months

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Those 'casual' servers are nothing but the e-peen flexing territorry for a couple of gank groups for the first month or two, then they get bored and leave it to the core few players who truly enjoy it. Like Camlann, it will have it's own community. Except, it wont be a PvP community. :)

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
without ToA there'd have been far more people quitting out of boredom than those that quit becuase they didn't like it...

That said if ToA had released in its current state it'd have been hailed as brilliant with just a couple of unbalanced things ;)

Well, ever thought how many quited cause ToA ? ;o

I hate and I can tell about it :drink: (though I hate all pve at daoc)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Why do they have so many servers anyway? That's just crazy IMHO. They should have 4 or 5 servers max and merge the characters onto those. I know about clustering and I don't mean that, I mean just gathering all the accounts and split them between 3 ToA servers equally, and then have a further 2 Classic servers.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Why do they have so many servers anyway? That's just crazy IMHO. They should have 4 or 5 servers max and merge the characters onto those. I know about clustering and I don't mean that, I mean just gathering all the accounts and split them between 3 ToA servers equally, and then have a further 2 Classic servers.

Basicly a good idea, but what would you do with houses for example? And guild names. And so on.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Agree. With the chance to get credit even if you ld'ed or you don't need to do .10 last, made it much much easier. I had to redo ML5 5 (five) times, just due to ld's what really killed ToA for me.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
If Mythic doesn't do huge changes during the first month they are asking for these servers to flop - ToA had huge impact in game so they really can't expect the servers to work after ~10 ToA-patches. Master Abilities were brought to "fix" some of the basic problems and NF-RAs were brought to "fix" some of the MA problems - RA-system has to be redone and they have to finally look into source of main problems and fix the stuff such as interupting-code. If this is what happens and they redo MA-system to be more PvE-based the normal servers would rock hard and make non-ToA servers less attractive and eventually not needed.

... by knowing Mythic I woudln't be surprised if they "fix" stuff on these servers by giving MAs as an class ability though :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
If we got that servertype in EU I'd play it for sure, I really dont like ML's, I dont like the grinding PvE, I dont really like TOA that much overall and it would also mean faaaaar less adding/leeching stealthzergers with the rangelimit on buffs.

Sounds pretty damn good to me at least.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I wouldn't bother with one of these Luddite servers even in the unlikely event that GOA provided one (they still haven't even managed to provide a Euro co-op server or 3 English-language servers, what makes anyone think think they can manage this?)...sticking my fingers in my ears and going 'la la la TOA never happened la la la' seems dumb to me.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Ector? Who the heck is Ector?

He's what I alluded to last night when I said today would be exciting. We watched the numbers and concluded that a new friend should join the family. The THREE classic rule servers are going to be up at 11:00 AM EDT instead of ten as I posted last night, but that hour will mean good things for the weekend.

The above is from camelotherald.com and shows that at least Mythic are looking out for the customer :)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
All the people saying this is the same as the PVP servers, I would say you are wrong. I think lots of people re opened their accounts in the US to play on these new servers. With the PVP servers everyone rushed to try them out because they added a new aspect to the game. These new servers are just what alot of people like my self have wanted sinse ToA came out, I know im not alone in finding RvR far far far more enjoyable than PvE.

Bellona

Banned
I play at the new servers, not just because they are without toa, but because they are new servers and where the community will be pretty filled from the start, and yes the zerg around starter towns have been fun :D

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Dreamor said:
[Hib Gareth]
Watch this space...

Pls look out for the Blade&Quill guys over on Hib/Gareth. :D

The genuinely nice thing about these servers is that it lowers the bar on what needs to be achieved with a character to make it RvR-ready. For me, this is a good development! Post-Catacombs, the level-to-50 treadmill is fast and easy. On these servers, that's pretty much all you have to do and then you can get out into the frontier.

Plus, there really is no adequete way to describe the sheer joy of logging into these new servers and finding the starter towns packed full. That alone is worth the $30 that it would cost you for a US client - very powerful flashbacks to those first days of EU release. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom