Server found new life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromaniak

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm today i experienced something i havn't experienced for a long time...

There were actually 100+ peepz in active rvr!! Woho! i must say: thank you Sick, u took care of it all quite well. I'm starting to have fun again on this server.

Lets hope all those damn WoW addicts become DAoC addicts again. And for those on Avalon.... damn leave that german server alone :flame:

let the Reincarnation of Prydwen/Excalibur begin :D

well i just wanna let u all know that i rly LIKED the game again 2day...

cya (yes u may catogorize this under trash-talk :p)

Maddam Mim

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, it was good fun :)

and i totally agree, Sick did and excellent job. We all knew he could hehe.

Nice to see so much support from albs, but even better to see so many mids defending. Someone must have put out an sos on the avalon server hehe

Great fun !

Ty all albs for trying, you made the server alive tonight

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
all the irritating l33t lot have effed off to avalon/the US so the rest of the server can have fun for a change ;)

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Necromaniak said:
Hmmm today i experienced something i havn't experienced for a long time...

There were actually 100+ peepz in active rvr!! Woho! i must say: thank you Sick, u took care of it all quite well. I'm starting to have fun again on this server.

Lets hope all those damn WoW addicts become DAoC addicts again. And for those on Avalon.... damn leave that german server alone :flame:

let the Reincarnation of Prydwen/Excalibur begin :D

well i just wanna let u all know that i rly LIKED the game again 2day...

cya (yes u may catogorize this under trash-talk :p)

Its great alb had those numbers and mids arent far behind, its a shame so many others have left, mostly hibs ofc, we cant raise the numbers to compete and give the same opposition the mids can. Hibs tried to do it and take towers/keep in alb but with no success.
I hope too that the migration to other servers will end and slowly ppl will return, but maybe i'm being a bit wishfull in thinking that.
With more raids from the Albs during early evening the more mids/hibs will be able to participate and maybe news will spread that this cluster is more fun to play in again for those that left.
I dont know who Sick is but it sounds like he's a respected person, and fellow albs are willing to join him. Keep it up it can only do the excal/pryd good.

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday was gd fun for those who dont rvr much or who solo, duo and normally get steam rolled... such as myself :>

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Had a great time. Much cudos to Sick, for galvanising some action. Much cudos to the Mids for a very well executed fight back, haven't seen such a middie zerg in a long while. Bad luck to the Hibs, managed to get almost to Ren without being spotted, but I think one person noticed one brief occurance of a hib tree near an alb tower on the way in, and it came moments after the Alb zerg had wiped in Mid, so people were free to port straight to Ren when it was mentioned in BG.

Many thanks also to Nicktehgr, Siddarth and Dispater for the group invites, nice grouping with you.

Ignite

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Had a great time. Much cudos to Sick, for galvanising some action. Much cudos to the Mids for a very well executed fight back, haven't seen such a middie zerg in a long while. Bad luck to the Hibs, managed to get almost to Ren without being spotted, but I think one person noticed one brief occurance of a hib tree near an alb tower on the way in, and it came moments after the Alb zerg had wiped in Mid, so people were free to port straight to Ren when it was mentioned in BG.

Many thanks also to Nicktehgr, Siddarth and Dispater for the group invites, nice grouping with you.

Ignite

In case any Hibs are reading this: the big tree showed up at Surs 4 so maybe give that a slightly wider berth next time :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
all the irritating l33t lot have effed off to avalon/the US so the rest of the server can have fun for a change ;)

Ahah maybe u would have had fun anyway with a Prime Time Raid be it with us l33t scum on or not.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:

The '1337' as you put it are merely people who think their gameplay is the sole on to abide by. As far as I've seen, most of the people who left saw both sides of the argument whereas from the other side of the coin, many of the ACers saw it in black and white. Surely that makes THEM the elite? I wouldn't be posting this paragraph if this thread wasn't flame baited by you...

I'm glad the server is still active as I am also still active on the server, I just wish that all this pettyness could stop. Live and let live...

Now all I need is my dang new template sorted out and a respec stone :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's 20:31 atm. I met one solo'er with who I had one fight, a group of 3 (2 casters, 1 healer) who were trebbing Surs who killed me, so I came with two more to kill them, I met two solo BD's (both gimps) and I saw around 3 FGs of Albs in Emain circling around bridges with almost no enemies.

So, I'd say it doesn't look that well. GoA needs to do something about the situation. Allowing server independant language settings and merging with some German servers or merging with some US servers seems best to me.

Manisch Depressiv said:
It's 20:31 atm. I met one solo'er with who I had one fight, a group of 3 (2 casters, 1 healer) who were trebbing Surs who killed me, so I came with two more to kill them, I met two solo BD's (both gimps) and I saw around 3 FGs of Albs in Emain circling around bridges with almost no enemies.

So, I'd say it doesn't look that well. GoA needs to do something about the situation. Allowing server independant language settings and merging with some German servers or merging with some US servers seems best to me.

Had the same experiance from hib PoV. Too many albs no way of competing with their nummbers, logged early.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, seems quiet tonight, never seen our alliance as quiet as it is now.

Still, it's Friday a week before Christmas, so lots of works nights out, plus all the people who'd normally be out on a Friday.

Darzil

Necromaniak

One of Freddy's beloved
Ye, for a friday it was crappy :/ i dunno why so much players were out the day before tho... i think a lotta peepz just felt like it ;/

Hope more of those days come soon!

Muldini

Loyal Freddie
kirennia said:
The '1337' as you put it are merely people who think their gameplay is the sole on to abide by. As far as I've seen, most of the people who left saw both sides of the argument whereas from the other side of the coin, many of the ACers saw it in black and white. Surely that makes THEM the elite? I wouldn't be posting this paragraph if this thread wasn't flame baited by you...

I'm glad the server is still active as I am also still active on the server, I just wish that all this pettyness could stop. Live and let live...

Now all I need is my dang new template sorted out and a respec stone :D

Was just about to post the same when i saw your post.

/agree

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

Surprised to see this from you Flim; winky emote or no winky emote, I think you've made your feelings plain once more.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
kirennia said:

pah, people notice me trolling, that's not on. It was a joke hence the ;) at the end of it... some people take themselves too seriously
('course I'm shooting myself in the foot here - cue a rash of "fs flim die irl!" threads with winkies at the end of it.... and people justifying it with "but it was a joke!" :p)

Agreed with that :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
pah, people notice me trolling, that's not on. It was a joke hence the ;) at the end of it... some people take themselves too seriously
('course I'm shooting myself in the foot here - cue a rash of "fs flim die irl!" threads with winkies at the end of it.... and people justifying it with "but it was a joke!" :p)

Sorry I didn't pick up on that at the time of posting. After you get it posted by a few too many people who actually mean it, you tend to think of every post in that context as being a serious flamebait :p

elbeek

Part of the furniture
kirennia said:
Sorry I didn't pick up on that at the time of posting. After you get it posted by a few too many people who actually mean it, you tend to think of every post in that context as being a serious flamebait :p

Lets face it Kir, after recent flame fests you can hardly blame Flim can you?:(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Flimgoblin said:

Amen to that !

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Lamp said:
Amen to that !

The only down side being that we still get those wankers posting about how gr8 life is on the other side.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well I'm enjoying Excal-Pryd and have no intention of ever moving to the US. If I started to get fed up with the game, I'd give it a long break, then come back to it. If the Euro-servers were pulled, and only the US remained, I'd stop playing DAOC for good (no way am I paying for the game AGAIN) and play something else.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
elbeek said:
Lets face it Kir, after recent flame fests you can hardly blame Flim can you?:(

Ehh? Your comment has absolutely no context based on what I wrote. I didn't blame Flim for anything...

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Go back to pve, its what im doing atm, and much less stressful and not getting pissed off all the time by crap rvr situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom