Server change stone, add?

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else thinking the same thought every time you end up on the wrong server where you were supposed to meet. What if they added a stone that had the function of changing the server, ending up on the same spot but, on the other server.

Thoughts?

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Namefake said:
Anyone else thinking the same thought every time you end up on the wrong server where you were supposed to meet. What if they added a stone that had the function of changing the server, ending up on the same spot but, on the other server.

Thoughts?
cool idea but i dont know what this has to do with game help tho :p
but i get used to ask in what server the raid is and checking in what one i am ;)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
You mean so you could defeat a dragon or some other epic encounter on one server, then quickly switch without having to kill the mobs on the way there?

It's a nice idea, but sadly it's too easy to abuse.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
GReaper said:
You mean so you could defeat a dragon or some other epic encounter on one server, then quickly switch without having to kill the mobs on the way there?

It's a nice idea, but sadly it's too easy to abuse.
they could make some kind of 'spawn point' in every zone where u go to then after using the stone

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Rub said:
they could make some kind of 'spawn point' in every zone where u go to then after using the stone

this would then, kill the effect off the stone. With teleporters etc, house bind.. you can reach it just as fast then.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
or add a server changer in each zone? :) like an npc.

and dunno who i choosed this forum, bit drunk maybe, but it could be ingame help for ppl always picking the wrong server ;)

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
That concept was introduced into Ultima Online around 2000 - you had stones that dropped as common loot from mobs that opened up a portal to the other world when dropped to the ground.

It would be nice in DAOC, all for making stuff less cumbersome.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Great idea IMO, theres far too much porting about required in this game these days, to get from bled to an ML raid on Pryd takes 3 goes, and 2 more if you forget to change server. My poor (company) loptap cant take much more of this!

Why isnt the channeler info on one guy instead of 2 as well...

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Great idea IMO, theres far too much porting about required in this game these days, to get from bled to an ML raid on Pryd takes 3 goes, and 2 more if you forget to change server. My poor (company) loptap cant take much more of this!

Why isnt the channeler info on one guy instead of 2 as well...

this is such whine :(

I miss the old days without teleporters, all the "rpg" is disappearing from all mmorpgs imo :(

gotta love it back in the days where you were in rvr, and then got a exp group at lyonesse, taking the horse from cs to yarleys taking about 10-15 min :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
MadsKaizer said:
this is such whine :(

I miss the old days without teleporters, all the "rpg" is disappearing from all mmorpgs imo :(

gotta love it back in the days where you were in rvr, and then got a exp group at lyonesse, taking the horse from cs to yarleys taking about 10-15 min :D

Then the group disbands, so it's another 15 minutes back :p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Well in 1.84 there are more server channelers being added anyway. As well as the three in the capitals and the one at housing entrance, there'll be one at each border keep and one in the Catacombs cities. With the standardisation of teleport locations from teleporters you shouldn't ever be more than 2 ports away from the other server.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Vladamir said:
Then the group disbands, so it's another 15 minutes back :p

ppl didnt have such a fking hurry back then :) dont think ive ever had a grp disband coz they were waiting to long back in the days. coz there were still things u could talk about from when u were out exploring while u waited ;)

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
ppl didnt have such a fking hurry back then :) dont think ive ever had a grp disband coz they were waiting to long back in the days. coz there were still things u could talk about from when u were out exploring while u waited ;)

oh the days running around galplen and fort atla :D
was speccing my hunter both spear and sword. :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom