Serious, reward system change?

Change Reward System?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matho

Fledgling Freddie
Hi everyone. I am german, so please do not look to carefull at my grammar, or spellings.
Though i try to make this post as correct as possible, because i hope to change something with it (One may dream?)

Yes i am odins, yes odins sux, yes, we all have no RL, yes we have never gone to school...

Ok, so please do not flame anymore.
This should be some kind of serious post.

What i want is simply: I want a change to the reward system on camlann.

Why do i want this?
It is pretty simply explained. Imagine you run around in a FG at prime time. Let us say it is a good day, and there are 5 other FGs roaming around and probably about 30 people who run solo, or in smaller groups.
Ok let us imagine you have a good group and are able to kill all other groups and players in some reasonable time. I assume a good time to get all the rewards is 1-2hours.
After this time, u have the choice between logging off (because for the rest of the day there will only be about 1 other FG if you are REALLY lucky and probably 18 other players (I always talk here about 50s who run around in the current main PvP zones like gothwaite and TOA porters or close artifacts))
or
to go on "chaining" all those no rewards.

What i want now, is a change to the reward system (right now, you only get FULL reward for each person ONCE per 24h, that means if you run around in a FG, about 300RPs per person, per day).
I would really enjoy the timer to be like on other servers. As far as i know on RvR servers u get FULL reward ALL FIVE MINUTES (correct me if i am wrong).
I would be happy with a bigger timer, like about 1hour or so, but 24hours just minimizes MY play fun.

I though about this for quite a while now, and diskussed about it with some friends.

Here are the Pros and Cons we came up with:
Cons:
RP farming
more chaining

Pros:
more fun for FG PvP, and more SENCE to do FG PvP
more incentive for people to aktually DO PvP
less players playing solo classes like the hated warlock

Ok, now i am going to explain my thoughs.

RP faming: i think no need to explain. We can all be sure, if the reward system gets changed to 5 minutes, there will again be RP farming, for all the "no skillers" who are not able to get RPs in actual fights:
Solutions:
Timer to 1hour (with many accounts and many 50s, RP farming may still b attractive than, but not over the long run i think)
More GM presence
and my main point, i seriously do not care, if others farm RPs, and i think the gameplay experiance of most players will be boosted so the few farmers may also be ignored for the good cause.

More chaining:
If you get reward for each kill you do, chaining will increase.
Well im Odins, we chain anyone anyway, and as far as i am concernd, if we do not attack first, we get chained ourselfes. Not sure if this is correct for all players, but i think especially in 8v8 no group would say in PvP area: We had them bevore, leave them in peace.

more fun for FG PvP, and more SENCE to do FG PvP:
Yes! It is fun for ME to see my realm rank increase, and i think that is some kind of goal in DAoC, else they would not have made a RP system.
Ok, but now, why should a faster reward system improve especially the sence of FG PvP?
Well, i think you all have played at NON PRIME times at least now and than. How many 50s doing PvP have you met than? Well depending on time it can go down to only very few. Lets just say there are 16 players wanting to PvP.
If i join a group now, of 7 players, there are only 8 others left. So i get (about 300 RPs for each kill in a FG) about 2400 RPs, which could be done in 5minutes. But there will not be any new rewards for the next hous.
If i play a solo class, like warlock. i can get all other 15 rewards, in that hour. Which means about 15 000 RPs for me and i have fun for 1 hour trying to get all those rewards.
Got my point?
It is really difficult to explain, and i fear that this post got way too long, so i will stop here and hope to see some good diskussion, without any flaming please.
Probably, if most of the playerbase wants a change to the reward system, goa (or mythic, or who ever) might think about it. At least that is what i wanted to achieve with this post.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
A very good post and point, and i totally agree with everything u say.
BUT Mythic havent done one simple thing for the PvP servers since
they opened them (alltho they fixed spreading on timer on U.S servers)
So as much as the community would want this to happend, Mythic will
just ignore our request as usuall. Sad but true :(

Matho

Fledgling Freddie
Neo, you are not totally right. They fixed the necro pet aggro.
They made a special reward system ONLY for PvP servers.
They fixed the bug that u can attack battle group members.
They fixed all ML AE effekts to only work on friends, respectively enemys.

Or wait, i think i started dreaming :( .
But you guys think the playerbase really can not change anything? I have no occupied with GOA/mythic so much, but i can not believe that they are deaf for the voice of their payers.
And i doubt it is much work to change the reward system.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Here's the deal, someone you kill wont be worth for 24 hour unless they kill someone else and so do you.

the real definition of RP farming is ppl logging alts and killing then for rp's. if you kill an alt he wont be worth untill he kills someone else. Even so once he has killed someone he will still take about 20-30 minutes to become worth.

what you say may seem nice to the rvr players but YOUR THE PROBLEM.

This my friends is the reason you dont earn rp's every 10 minutes.

odins warlock insta kills person A. Person A released, loses timer and get killed again...repeat this over and over and he will never become worth CAUSE YOU KEEP INSTA KILLING THEM.

Odins you stand in gothwaite all day on your warlocks, you have spread healers camping the house with more warlocks protetcing them.

If you want people to become worth they have to kill other people...your constant chaining is whats making you only earn 300rp's from 1 person all day.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
I got to third row, fourth if you count the blank one then I stoped reading.

Odins is, imo, 1 of the reason some people left. Flame me all u want but odins sure fucked up gothwaite pking, Animist army camping stygia prime time with max shrooms and 2 fop bots isn't fun either. You just destroy for everyone and makes it no fun to play when you are doing it "your" way then I might aswell log and do something else. We had 4 really nice fights vs the spanish guild a week ago or so. We lost 3/4 fights cause they where a fg and they played really good and we didn't. Thing is I gladly lose those fights and have a rematch then being "farmed" by a odins whorelock/banshie camping a house in gothwaite. Say what you want but Odins is FUBAR. :puke:

Edit:

Matho said:
more fun for FG PvP, and more SENCE to do FG PvP:
Yes! It is fun for ME to see my realm rank increase, and i think that is some kind of goal in DAoC, else they would not have made a RP system.
Ok, but now, why should a faster reward system improve especially the sence of FG PvP?
Well, i think you all have played at NON PRIME times at least now and than. How many 50s doing PvP have you met than? Well depending on time it can go down to only very few. Lets just say there are 16 players wanting to PvP.
If i join a group now, of 7 players, there are only 8 others left. So i get (about 300 RPs for each kill in a FG) about 2400 RPs, which could be done in 5minutes. But there will not be any new rewards for the next hous.
If i play a solo class, like warlock. i can get all other 15 rewards, in that hour. Which means about 15 000 RPs for me and i have fun for 1 hour trying to get all those rewards.
Got my point?
It is really difficult to explain, and i fear that this post got way too long, so i will stop here and hope to see some good diskussion, without any flaming please.
Probably, if most of the playerbase wants a change to the reward system, goa (or mythic, or who ever) might think about it. At least that is what i wanted to achieve with this post.

Well thats cause no one wants to be farmed in gothwaite by whorelocks with DI bot's on stick(moving same duo to toa won't change it). Stop camping, stop being lame. I got a avg 20-40k rps/h in a nice evening w/o camping and w/o being retard classes in the group. Until odins comes with a fg worth lissening to then imo stfu and bug of to the pill of shit you call guild. :twak:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
what you say may seem nice to the rvr players but YOUR THE PROBLEM.

just incase there is misconfusion....i mean YOUR as in odins...not the rvr ppl

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
wasn't it your (ex-)GMs stated aim to camp with a fg warlocks?

Bellona

Banned
Odins sucks, and should all "cant write anymore, else I will be banned"

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
change the reward system, so camping and chaining others with my warlock is even more attractive - aint that the thing you wanted to tell us matho?

Matho

Fledgling Freddie
Thank your for all your productive flames.

Just one question, you ever tested your claim that person A, which got killed by you gets reward after killing person B?

I have not tested, but when i still played my warlock (i am NOT MATHOX, he is RL friend) i did try to avoid chaining and often had peace with most the population of gothwaite (at least at night times and after i got their reward and they got mine), but even if i was there for hours and the people too, wether i got reward for them, nor they did for me. Even after hours as i said with no kills between me and them, but they killed other rewards, and i killed other rewards. So i doubt your claim is right that person A get reward after killing person B.

Anyway, watching the first few answers here, showed me why mythic/goa ( i dont know who is responsible for it) will not change anything for the playerbase of PvP servers.
It is pretty easy, there is no playerbase.
It is all about hate and flames. There are more than enough flame odins postings in this forum, i though we could keep this clean or at least in a way of writing that you can call english and not "WtF i are ub0r 30cm p33n k3wl d00d" language.

Well, cya in goth or toa, make ur /rel macros ready when odins comes, or better just typ /q
ok, now go on with flames, now at least u got a reason
kthxbye

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
Matho said:
Anyway, watching the first few answers here, showed me why mythic/goa ( i dont know who is responsible for it) will not change anything for the playerbase of PvP servers.
It is pretty easy, there is no playerbase.
It is all about hate and flames. There are more than enough flame odins postings in this forum, i though we could keep this clean or at least in a way of writing that you can call english and not "WtF i are ub0r 30cm p33n k3wl d00d" language.

have you ever thought at least 1 minute why there is this general negative odins attitude? maybe because your ig behaviour gives mythic/goa even more reasons not to care about pvp server because there are playing retards like odins are? think about it.

and btw, when odinsppl dont have their camping si/cata fotm army up in gothwait and fight smaller grps, its mostly odins who had to realease in former times m8. sorry, but thats the truth :/

Bellona

Banned
odins being lame with warlock zerg was one of the reasons I stopped with camlann...

so try and understand why everyone hates you

NeLSoN

Fledgling Freddie
But fixx first banshee's bugg first plz..... aoe bolts throw the walls oO
And WL's they instan kill u or make pbaoe without any interrumtion :S

Korgan

Banned
NeLSoN said:
No offense intended mate but your spelling sucks really bad. :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
NeLSoN said:

oh no meightz! according to some guy it's a uber Bansh ability to nuke through walls, though the guy was a retard and knew shit about the class. WLs have been nerfed. It just takes 1 sec longer to insta kill now :)

guessy

Fledgling Freddie
hehe well i don't play anymore now but if u change reward system maybee u see me again......well i'm not sure it would be something u like :p

I think its boring to wait a all day long to have the rew of somone if u killed him alone.....but the biggest problem ist the wl chain release method of rping i think so:
1 ok to have a reward timer of 1 hour for example BUT

2 lets say that someone who dies lose some part of his rp lets say 200 or 300 for every death ;=) and lets say u can loose rank and level with this: its the end of wl, bb in bugs and so on.

3 lets say that if a grey attaks u and u kill it then u won't gain nothing but he will loose some rp and xp ,=); if u attak a grey first then he loose nothing. (quite easy to program i think)

4 give a bonus for lets say 2 players which kills a 4 th group at the momment its the contrary;

And don't say it will be hard for soloer in this state of play...they will just have to move more and maybee there will be less camping.

Matho

Fledgling Freddie
guessy ur partly right. but with your point 2, u would never find anyone without FOTM setup grp. gothwait will still b full, yes. but only full of stealther, who shoot once and than port.
camping will b the only PvP, cause everyone would b scared to loose RPs

and to bellona: yes! one fat bastard less on camlann, good work to our WLs, keep up with the good work!

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
i love you odins, only guild that both actively seeks to drive players away from camlann and whines about camlann not having enough people :)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Odins is just to stupid to see they are killing the server with their insta-kill, release, break timer or purge , insta-kill routine.

They don't have the skill (mostly social) to make a group in ToA or Hib loop.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
You won't get anything done by posting here if you want things changed use mythics feedback form on the herald.

Matho

Fledgling Freddie
you dont understant. we dont want every player to get away from cam, we only want the whiner nubs to leave, cause they get on our nuts

ppl who whine about p0wnlocks can all stop playing camlann, i dont care. if its not warlock, its banshe, if nor banshe, its sorc, if not...understand?
it doesnt matter what class u play, all classes are made to b played, so stop whine, tipe /rel, or go play on RvR

Feylamia

Fledgling Freddie
I never understood all this whining about odins killing the server ... it's not hard to make decent rps in a few hours on an ordinary weekday without porting to gothwaite a single time. and you'll never see a single odins in toa (well, except for yvbane who usually logs off when his bb is out of con...)

anyone who goes to gothwaite imho deserves to be farmed.

well the downside of toa is, it's not good for camping, you always have to move. imho all zones should be like this, so campers would have no choice anymore. but it would probably kill the server. odins and all other lamers would leave for rvr server or go play wow and this would be sad :(

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
The sky has fallen upon the earth (no no, has nothing to do with meteors)

I never thought it was possible but:

Odins was in hib loop !!!!!

nice to see them try to compete outside goth houses :drink:

keep up the good work and bring some spreaders and cc next time :>

ViPeOuT

Fledgling Freddie
Atleast a step in the right direction...

And thanks everyone else that joined in on our Hib Loop fun. =)

Bellona

Banned
Matho said:
guessy ur partly right. but with your point 2, u would never find anyone without FOTM setup grp. gothwait will still b full, yes. but only full of stealther, who shoot once and than port.
camping will b the only PvP, cause everyone would b scared to loose RPs

and to bellona: yes! one fat bastard less on camlann, good work to our WLs, keep up with the good work!

yes, saying that the guild odins sucks and made alot of people leave the server for better stuff to do, that must truly make me FAT and a BASTARD.

and im sorry to see that your point of view is still less than a carthorse, try and open your eyes and stop playing those skillless warlocks, unless you want the whole server for yourself, duels all day long with running through portal must be fun.

Epo

Loyal Freddie
i think Odins have no skill at all, because i never met one single player.
Everytime i port Gothwaite it is possible to kill the smaller grps or solo 50's except FG's roaming, AND some odins warlocks or banshees who camp around the healer and have their spread/fop bot standing in the house...

Alekine

Fledgling Freddie
the prob of odins members is that they only have 1 finger in his hand :( thats why they play wl´s....

NeLSoN

Fledgling Freddie
Korgan said:
No offense intended mate but your spelling sucks really bad. :(

Yes i know, that happens when some one speak in other language.... but who cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom