Help Serious relationship problem :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
... or there fecking will be when I'm seen driving this around. My car is away to get the flood damage assessed and I was told the bodyshop had no courtesy car, so they provided a rental car. I said "just not something small", so they provided me with a 7 seater Peugeot 5008 (the fucking opposite end of small really).

THE SHAME, THE SHAAAAAAAAAME :(.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 10

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Unfortunately, I know it's out of your control but "insurance rental cars" are a huge racket, and help push everybody's premiums up.

I wouldn't be embarrassed to drive that, it's an ok car and I bet after a while you'll find uses for the capacity.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just tell them it's too big to park where you live, and can you have a smaller car please.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yeah but think of how many bodies you can get in the back. you can do the disposals in one trip now, thats gotta be a bonus.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That's familiar. When some twat drove into the side of me I got a courtesy car.

To replace my 3 door Corolla they sent me a 7 seater Renault Megane. It was the size of a house and utterly awful to drive, it had utterly no sense of speed. I got my one and only ever endorsement from driving that piece of shit as it picked up speed on a slight slope to take me to 34mph *flash*

Fortunately that's expired now, but bloody thing. The automatic lights were horrific, they randomly worked and got confused by the smallest of stimuli while ignoring massive lengthy changes. Stupid French.

Syri

FH is my second home
I've always had the opposite... When I had a Corsa, I was presented with a Ford Ka. When I had an Astra, I got loaned a Nissan Micra... On both occasions I asked for a reasonably sized car, as I'm just over 6' tall, and the tiny cars are a bit uncomfortable... Dread to think what I'd get if I didn't ask for a bigger one...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
i never get embarrased driving anything, Jesus you've got to stop basing
major parts of your internal reflection on other peoples assumed thoughts.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's a joke. He's annoyed it's a shit car. There's nowt more to read into it than that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
He has more pressing matters to worry about. Like being Scottish.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
feck - when my Mitsubishi Spacewagon (7 seater) was in for repair I got a fecking Ford Ka 4 seater. could practically fit the Ka in the back of the mitsubishi.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its not embarrassing; driving an MPV proves your gentleman's vegetables are all in working order. Its a statement of virility. Unless of course you've been given one as a loaner and you're actually a complete Jaffa.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Its not embarrassing; driving an MPV proves your gentleman's vegetables are all in working order. Its a statement of virility. Unless of course you've been given one as a loaner and you're actually a complete Jaffa.

And when a woman sees one, she thinks the following.
Family
children
kids
babies

then she gets all broody, then you are seriously fucked :p

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Life is officially over when you are driving a MPV .... When I have kids and have to cart a family around, I'll be doing what most people do here.

Buy a Toyota Frontier or Hilux, and shove them in the back.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
/Thread

old.user4556

Meg, you suck willies, get some better chat.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Just like a ferrari shows that you've managed to avoid all relationship drama, burden of children and the trappings of a marriage.

Or was that a sign of being a douche, i forget.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Don't think i'll ever reach the stage where i'll buy a MPV just because I have some kids, they will fit into the back of my Astra no problem. Don't see the need to buy a 4x4 or MPV just because you have a kid. Never happened when I was growing up.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Depends how many kids you have! If you have 4 they won't fit in an Astra!

old.user4556

Just like a ferrari shows that you've managed to avoid all relationship drama, burden of children and the trappings of a marriage.

Or was that a sign of being a douche, i forget.

Did I mention that I'm off to the highlands today to drive Ferraris and Astons? :D

Ariel Atom too.

old.user4556

It's scorching hot in Scotland today too, our one day of summer has finally arrived.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Don't think i'll ever reach the stage where i'll buy a MPV just because I have some kids, they will fit into the back of my Astra no problem. Don't see the need to buy a 4x4 or MPV just because you have a kid. Never happened when I was growing up.

Oh, hohohohohohoho! You have no idea. I foolishly said exactly the same thing as you ("we all got in a *insert 70s shitbox here* when I was growing up, it'll be fine"), without stopping to consider childseats (which are fucking massive), buggies (which now seem to be the size of the space shuttle), and all the ancilliary crap that goes with babies, and at the moment we just have the one ankle-biter. Now no 2 is on the way, a large estate or an MPV has gone from being a nice-to-have to an absolutely essential if we want carry kids any distance. I've actually checked the missus' Focus and if I need to put a childseat behind the driver's seat I'm not going to have room for my knees, and I'm only 5' 11''.

Ironically I think it gets a lot easier when they're bigger, because the child seats get proportionally smaller and you don't need quite as much plastic crap and buggies, but in the meantime, It's looking like an S-Max or if I can run to it, a second hand 5-series or A6 estate.

old.user4556

Divorce your wife, sell the kids, bag a 25 year old with big tits and get a 2 seater.

YOU FUCKIN KNOWS IT GAFF.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

yes, just keep telling yourself that Gaff, it's ok, we still respect youuuuuuuu :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Oh, hohohohohohoho! You have no idea. I foolishly said exactly the same thing as you ("we all got in a *insert 70s shitbox here* when I was growing up, it'll be fine"), without stopping to consider childseats (which are fucking massive), buggies (which now seem to be the size of the space shuttle), and all the ancilliary crap that goes with babies, and at the moment we just have the one ankle-biter. Now no 2 is on the way, a large estate or an MPV has gone from being a nice-to-have to an absolutely essential if we want carry kids any distance. I've actually checked the missus' Focus and if I need to put a childseat behind the driver's seat I'm not going to have room for my knees, and I'm only 5' 11''.

Ironically I think it gets a lot easier when they're bigger, because the child seats get proportionally smaller and you don't need quite as much plastic crap and buggies, but in the meantime, It's looking like an S-Max or if I can run to it, a second hand 5-series or A6 estate.

Add to that the fact your car instantly becomes a close relative to the fucking bin, sick of cleaning the car constantly from crisps, jellies, chocolate!!!! socks, underwear, and far too much fucking shit that shouldn't be in my car!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom