Selling stuff

taB

Part of the furniture
Hi Chumleys,

I haven't turned my desktop on for about 2/3 months now. I've been playing some random older games on my laptop but I think my days of lengthy gaming sessions in a darkened room are numbered; just getting older I spose :( . As such I've turned my tiny gaming room (5'x7') into a spare bedroom where mates can crash in a more civilised fashion. This leaves me with a rather large computer system in a flat where I have no purpose for it so I want to sell it. I can't be arsed with the hassle of e-bay, etc.. so really I'm looking for a ball-park "mates' rates" figure as I know a couple of people looking for a machine.

Built by me approx 3.5 years ago, all parts purchased from OCUK. I have the original boxes and cables for the boards.

Spec is:

Quad core Q6600 with Akasa Evo fan
4GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2
Abit Fatality FP-IN9 motherboard
HIS Radeon x1950 Pro IceQ Graphics
Antec 900 case
LG Flatron 22" WS 2ms response monitor
Vista 32bit (not using all the RAM!!11!!!)

I don't want to take the piss and ask too much for it - if it's £100, it's £100 - but would be helpful if anyone had a pointer or two as to where to pitch it. Apart from the graphics card I don't think it's too bad a spec. This machine has played a lot of Eve, Fallout 3, 30 minutes of AvP2 and all sorts of other stuff without hiccuping.

Thanks.

P.S. I did think about not making this thread last night when I read about Fallout:New Vegas.....

P.P.S I'm going to sell a computer and buy a kayak, what the fuck is the world coming to.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'd say £200-£300, but that's not based on any research, just what I think I'd pay mates rate.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi taB - as per my other thread I may be looking to get a machine for my lad (or rather he is going to buy the bits and I build it) but that's not really planned until December... may be interested in bringing that forward though. I'll drop you a pm...

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll post this here and ask for more input - I'll pay £250 for it - feedback please guys - is that fair?

georgie

FH is my second home
Sounds a fair enough price to me with Jup taking responsibility for arranging delivery/collection. :)

taB

Part of the furniture
Well, we're going ahead with it. Am just deleting all my EXTREME swaffling pics tonight.

It's entertaining to see how my mind works... I had convinced myself - probably soon after getting it - it had all cost me £600. Looks like it was more like £1k having found the invoice.

Hehe.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well thanks very much to taB, my youngest now has his own gaming pc and is over the moon :D :clap:

Got a single blue screen one first installation attempt but after resetting the bios this was all sorted no problem and so after a VERY long day of 7 hours driving followed by a few hours of windows updates and basics installation his machine is up and running using my steam account as his now with me on a new one - guess that makes me a bit like taB in that I really don't play alot these days either.

#2 son did say 'he didn't look much like a gamer nerd' after we met which did make me chuckle ;)

Thanks again taB - nice machine :wub:

taB

Part of the furniture
Hope it does your lad well. Let me know if anything's squiffy. Bugger of a day to be driving around - hope you had a beer when you got home!

Was wondering this morning which Steam games would run on my laptop lol.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
World of Goo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom