Secure backups advice

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
At the moment I'm backuping up my files to a CD via Nero and upload to some important files I need to keep to some webspace .

Is there anyway to securely backup files to a cd, i.e. so no one can find the cd and access the data? The same goes for online?

I only backup articles and basic stuff like my cv but are their core files on the PC I should backup to ensure I can recover the pc in case it develops a fault (or can I rely on win xp to save the day?)

This brings me to the last question, how do you backup up your data currently? :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I back up my data via a beardy unix method. as to encryption on windows, you may want to check out a package called PGP. there are commercial and free versions, and it not only allows you to generate a key and encrypt or sign your email, but you can also encrypt files. I don't know what it costs, but it's worth it.

also, perhaps presenting a case to your employer may encourage them to purchase the commercial package that has all the encryption features, an outlook plugin and other toys. it's only 100USD or so for a site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom