second time lucky n00bs?

S

shilak

Originally posted by Jarrax
sooooo.....
is this a bad time to ask whats a good spec for new and improved 10% bonus spiritmaster?

Dark 22, Supp 49, Summ 5, and go give those chanters a taste of their own medicine ;)

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by shilak
etc...

a couple of quotes mate from earlier in the thread.

HeHe so Easy

Wanna C the Screens ?
http://www.urme.com/fellowship/bild...rnemidrelic.jpg

http://www.urme.com/fellowship/bild...rnehibrelic.jpg

And stop crieing like babies and come take it back if u dare !!! :p

ake it honey... take it
had a lot of fun on that raid, would love to do it again

hmmmm pretty much seems like a routine that is about to be established.

N

noaim

You said something about us starting the nightraids...well we didnt, think Albs were the first ones raiding late.

Anyways, when you take keeps, do you back off if there is only NPC´s defending them?

You should...it aint fun taking them from NPC´s is it?

O

old.Nol

ok, so by your reckoning, we should just shut up and start nighttime/early morning raids, let it become the norm?

M

mirak_naijmi

Still think ure all soooo cute:) U really have no arguments do you? I say something, noone counters my arguments. Dalamor says something good, noone counters his arguments. U sound like "yeah thats true.....but u still suck!". Thats pretty much like my sisters 3 year old son. U tell him hes not a dragon and he sais "I can still blow fire!". Come on guyz, just because the realm with the smallest amount of ppl suceed in doing something good dont feel so bloody lousy about it. Come take the relic back! I dont mind, bet the players in mid that actually trying to enjoy the game doesnt either. I love relic raids, no resistance or not. U say ganking npcs are boring...how in hell did u get 50? Cheats? Well, it wouldnt suprise me, cause those relic raids u do arent very planned so u gotta cheat in someway;)

Come give us that ganking ure talking about! Im sure that would atleast earn me some rps, so i wouldnt mind defending my relic 24/7!

:p<----MIRAK!

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by mirak_naijmi
Still think ure all soooo cute:) U really have no arguments do you? I say something, noone counters my arguments. Dalamor says something good, noone counters his arguments. U sound like "yeah thats true.....but u still suck!". Thats pretty much like my sisters 3 year old son. U tell him hes not a dragon and he sais "I can still blow fire!". Come on guyz, just because the realm with the smallest amount of ppl suceed in doing something good dont feel so bloody lousy about it. Come take the relic back! I dont mind, bet the players in mid that actually trying to enjoy the game doesnt either. I love relic raids, no resistance or not. U say ganking npcs are boring...how in hell did u get 50? Cheats? Well, it wouldnt suprise me, cause those relic raids u do arent very planned so u gotta cheat in someway;)

Come give us that ganking ure talking about! Im sure that would atleast earn me some rps, so i wouldnt mind defending my relic 24/7!

What exactly did you accomplish? The smallest realm for ages on this server accomplished many primetime raids. You accomplished trashing some NPC's whoopie, your sisters 3 year old could have probably done it too. If you had raided primetime, that would be something, and I can guarantee you would have got nothng but hearty congratulations(like killgordes or wildfires). You think what you did was good and you think it warrants congratulations, you are sadly mistaken. It's harder taking legion down.

C

Chenuba

Re: Re: To Nol

Originally posted by old.Nol

Oh no, that cut deep, I'll keep being amusing thanks. Like those other paying customers, I too am entitled to an opinion, if you don't like, don't read it.

Off course you are, now we've heard it, get back to the game now before you get a heartattack.
Do you really think I give a shit about what you think ?
Play the game and accept it as it is.
Damn Nol, you're a sad git using so much anger towards some Mids taking oportunity to make Mids feel they achieved something. They've really needed a little happyness in that cold and hard realm.
To me you sounds more and more like a little whiner, who can't accept someone didn't do as they were expected to, but instead took advantage of time and numbers.
Still I guess most peeps likes the challenge in making RRs in "primetime", so latetime RR will only be now and then when a realm, in this case Mid, has been underdog with no relics for to long.
Desperate times takes desperate measures and yes, I'll still defend latenight raids. It's my playtime, it's a 24/7 game, I pay the same price as you do, get it into your thick skull Nol
:twak:

M

mirak_naijmi

What exactly did you accomplish? The smallest realm for ages on this server accomplished many primetime raids. You accomplished trashing some NPC's whoopie,

Hibbies where almost as many as us online....so, indeed i believe we atleast managed to fool there asses of. And also, we took the second relic almost 30 minutes later, honeslty...it takes about 5 mins to get to the relic keep...:)

your sisters 3 year old could have probably done it too.

All my nephew does is banging at the keyboard as soon as he gets close to a computer. Im sure u do more than that when u play? But then...i havent seen u around so i dont know if ure good or not...;)

If you had raided primetime, that would be something, and I can guarantee you would have got nothng but hearty congratulations(like killgordes or wildfires). You think what you did was good and you think it warrants congratulations, you are sadly mistaken. It's harder taking legion down.

Indeed? U cant be very good at killing legions then? I mean what lvl is he? 80? And all those guards at lvl 70 or whatever they are are easier than him? im confused now...i mean...sure theyre hibs...but are the AI in this game really that bad? Gee, goa give us a rest! The least u could do for those omgicantlivewithoutmyrelic20%bonushibs is give them better guards than that!
And again...how many fgs does it take to kill the legion? 3-4? And....how many hibs where defending the last time we went for the relic? 2 or something right? So...we beat there obviously all to easy guards....and....we also did it when there where 2 fgs defending....if i doesnt count the fact that hib prescense where extremly low compared to the amount of hibs online, i must say the hibs dont seem very good at defending relics nor killing legions...:D

kisses and goodnight to all u cute little whiners:)

O

old.Nol

i must say the hibs dont seem very good at defending relics nor killing legions...
By the same token, mids must be pretty pathetic at taking them, or they would have come at a decent hour. Your smug attitude almost makes me want to early morning shaft you, but I am better then that.

Sleep well...

A

astokig

better

u mean u where better yesterday when u tried to take it back?
50% on first door . naaa. that aint better my friend, that SUXXX.
didnt look so good or organized, all hibbes just died in their fancy dresses.

G

Garh Khartari

No I believe it was around night-time.

But when I reached Grallarhorn there was only 1 dead celt there, and afaik I was one of the first.. (hmmm)

Maybe the Midgar guards have just been working out a lot while they didn't have anything to protect? :D

N

noaim

ok, so by your reckoning, we should just shut up and start nighttime/early morning raids, let it become the norm?

Couldnt care less if you did, no.

Maybe some others would, talk to them about it if you want support, cause I dont give a **** about when you raid.

It is funny tho, being told by enemies when we can do what to them.

Btw, if you see 5-6 of your keep drop in 20 minutes sometime around 22.00 this week, dont mind it, it is prolly nothing going on (dont have to tell you that tho, since you seem to ignore it anyways hihi).

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by noaim

Couldnt care less if you did, no.

Maybe some others would, talk to them about it if you want support, cause I dont give a **** about when you raid.

It is funny tho, being told by enemies when we can do what to them.

Btw, if you see 5-6 of your keep drop in 20 minutes sometime around 22.00 this week, dont mind it, it is prolly nothing going on (dont have to tell you that tho, since you seem to ignore it anyways hihi).
No, you couldn't, because once again you will be lablelled hypocrites.

Actually no one told you what to do, we said what you did is lame, there is a distinction.

Do what the fuck you like, you seem to enjoy playing the game by yourselves. There might be Hibs around at 22.00, better make it 5:00, it's more your style. Oh, and bring an extra 50 because I heard we had a few lvl 20's xp'ing near just outside of cain, you might need some help.

ttfn - early bird catches the worm ;)

N

noaim

Lol who the fuck are you to talk about being hypocrite, I do believe hib raided early at least once, which makes us even, so why dont you just keep quiet about hypocrite?

T

Thorarin

noaim:

They're too worked up right now to see that (or they're really just that stupid, I don't know, but I usually give people the benefit of the doubt).

A lot of Albions I've seen here like to state that they haven't done any nighttime 'keep raids' in ages. Likewise I could comment Mids haven't complained about their nighttime raids in ages (up until albs themselves started complaining about ours..), which pretty much cancels eachother out and puts us even on the hypocrisy scale :p

However, Albion is still doing border keep raids at late night, so I won't be surprised to see future nighttime relic raids from them. (I'm not talking about a paper door keep here, but a level 5 guard, dual level 6 door Bledmeer that was bound to have some crafters defending it even after 2:45 am)

No hard feelings though, saved me a suicide on the HTK after logging in :clap:

X

Xandax

Not saying I condone late night/early morning RRs, but will leave you with a statement that have been given on these boards the countless times Midgard has lost relics due to late night raids....

It is a 24/7 game - live with it.

M

MiZzZerY

One question here for those who whines alot on BW like this...
do you think it helps? do you think mids will think.. "ah it was to early no one was awake lets give them the relic back kthxbye" ?

stop whining and try to do something about it, pissing me of with this lame whine all the time, fucking 14 years old ppl that thinks your are leet haxxors and pwn. try to take the relic back instead.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by MiZzZerY
One question here for those who whines alot on BW like this...
do you think it helps? do you think mids will think.. "ah it was to early no one was awake lets give them the relic back kthxbye" ?

The aim of the people complaining is to create some morals and values into this game for all the players. So that people don't fight NPC's and spend money on repairing doors, instead of fighting eachother... what the game was intended for. And they discuss it here.... what the forum was intended for.

D

dalamor

Greetings Nol.
Why don’t you start to plan a raid instead of keeping continuing this silly discussion. I have already answered your attacks once (think it was page 5 or 6, depends on how many silly comment you have written in the mean time). If you tried to organise a raid yourself, you will properly see that it takes a lot of planning to do an early or late raid. It’s pretty difficult to gather so many members on an exact time and deal whit siege equipment’s. This is one of the things which actual is a big challenge in it self and no matter how it goes you will still be a little proud of it after. But think I did write about that in my last post, you some how haven’t replied on.

But the core of it is, no matter if you make a prime time raid or not it’s still takes a big effort to make a relic raid come true. That’s why I for one don’t belive that we will se raids every morning. The simple reason is: Their aint enough people who is willing to arrange it and their aint enough people who are willing to join it. But once in a while it will happen yes. And I must admit im proud of so many mid's where taking part in the raid and did fellow the plan. And according to Mythic/Goa there’s nothing wrong with it.
If you started to use some times in the game instead of keep writing in here you might actual have a chance to come and take it back. Perhabs you would see it as a new challenge and some exstra spice on a game which have been going for a long time and hence has lost some of it magic.

Yours Sincerely,
Dalamor Dracon
Leader of Legends of Midgard
www.legendsofmidgard.dk

B

Belomar

Well, what can we agree on?

As an outsider to this discussion and the event itself (Albion was luckily not the victim of this raid, even if the Midgards knocked on Excalibur just a few hours before), I'd like to put down a few things that we all should be able to agree upon:

- Midgard was in decay prior to the raid due to many reasons such as PvP, decreasing population, and being the RvR underdog for a long time.

- Midgard has now, after the raid, been revitalized and are actively defending their frontier with many of the inactive players returning to the game.

- The relic raid was a much-needed morale boost to the Midgard players, meaning that we will see a much more active and exciting realm war in the future.

- DAoC is a 24/7 game, meaning that the realm war is a constantly ongoing battle.

- The relic raid was carried out outside of "prime time", i.e. the time period during the day when the majority of people are online.

- Raiding a relic keep outside of prime time means a vastly higher degree of success, since virtually only NPC guards will be defending the keep. In addition, the attackers get the chance to unchallenged improve the odds by taking enemy keeps before the relic keep.

- Raiding a keep during prime time is difficult, mainly due to the need for surprise as well as good tactics and coordination. If the defending realm can reach the relic keep in time with a moderate defense force, the relic raid can be easily thwarted.

- All of the relics inside Dun Dagda and Castle Excalibur had previously been won in prime time raids. These raids had all been painstakingly planned and organized by members of the various realms.

- By raiding a relic keep outside of prime time, all of this work and effort carried out by previous relic organizers as well as the people who have "stood guard" at the keep have been wasted since the targeted realm gets no fair chance to defend their relics.

- A relic raid outside of prime time, while possibly a necessary measure in order to lift the battle spirits of an underdog realm, is neither glorious nor a great achievement. (I would never write a chronicle about it, for instance.)

All of these statements seem fair and acceptable to me, but I am sure that the various sides are now too far dug in to be able to budge. Doing this relic raid to lift the morale of Midgard is all right in my book. However, as has been pointed out in the thread above, what irks most of us is the way that most Mids posting in this thread are now trying to justify this relic raid.

EDIT: spelling mistakes

R

Runolaz

Runolaz - if you don't care what we think, then why do you bother trying to justify it?

As I've said I don't care, because I don't need to justify it. So in simple words I'm trying to justify the fact that we don't need to justify anything...

It is amusing that you got two threads going with now soon over 20 pages. Take it easy now, and don't "jump off a cliff", because I'm gretting worried here :).

M

MiZzZerY

discuss?

dont se any discussions here atm, just whine.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by MiZzZerY
discuss?

dont se any discussions here atm, just whine.

I must be an optimist then (I am), coz I see plenty ( ;

R

Runolaz

Re: Well, what can we agree on?

Originally posted by Belomar

All of these statements seem fair and acceptable to me, but I am sure that the various sides are now too far dug in to be able to budge. Doing this relic raid to lift the morale of Midgard is all right in my book. However, as has been pointed out in the thread above, what irks most of us is the way that most Mids posting in this thread are now trying to justify this relic raid.

EDIT: spelling mistakes

I think your staments are valid, and I agree with most of them. And yes one of the main objects of this raid was to "boost" the moral of Midgard and I hope we did. We would not have done this RR if things had been different.

As fare as pride goes, coming from an Alb that has always have had those "GRATZ :clap: ...well done" threads going after a late nigth RR there has not been started any thread from LFoM-alliance or any other Mid. Cerberan and Ardamel wrote a small chronical in response to the endless whines on this board...it was posted as a joke...I hope you got that. Conserning this thread my point has been all along that we don't need to justify our actions, because we stand free to do what we see fit. I'll give credit for at least picking up one of our main goals though.

B

Belomar

Re: Re: Well, what can we agree on?

I think your staments are valid, and I agree with most of them. And yes one of the main objects of this raid was to "boost" the moral of Midgard and I hope we did. We would not have done this RR if things had been different.
Thank you, sounds good to me. :)
As fare as pride goes, coming from an Alb that has always have had those "GRATZ :clap: ...well done" threads going after a late nigth RR there has not been started any thread from LFoM-alliance or any other Mid.
Hmm, I don't really get this. Do you mean that I, personally, post congratulatory things about raids done outside of prime time, or was this a post about Albs in general? To my knowledge, all of the Albion raids that I have applauded (and certainly those I have attended and written Chronicles about) have been carried out during prime time. (Also, I'd never write "GRATZ", I like to spell out my words properly. ;))
Conserning this thread my point has been all along that we don't need to justify our actions, because we stand free to do what we see fit. I'll give credit for at least picking up one of our main goals though.
I agree, you don't have to justify it. But many Mids do, saying it was a great achievement and that Albs better watch out since Excalibur will be going next. This kind of talk does nothing to further a fun and exciting realm war. We do want an active Midgard to go head-to-head with. We don't want to have to check /relic status every morning we log in.

R

Runolaz

Re: Re: Re: Well, what can we agree on?

Hmm, I don't really get this. Do you mean that I, personally, post congratulatory things about raids done outside of prime time, or was this a post about Albs in general? To my knowledge, all of the Albion raids that I have applauded (and certainly those I have attended and written Chronicles about) have been carried out during prime time. (Also, I'd never write "GRATZ", I like to spell out my words properly. ;))

I mend this as coming from Albion you should know when your relics were obtained, and what happened on BW after. Only the last last RR Albion did was close to what I would consider "primetime", still it was planed at a time when they knew many lvl 50 Mids were playing on Gorre to prepare for PvP. Don't get me wrong, I'm only pointing this out. You also need to understand that Midgards has the highest population playing under CET and not GMT. For us Skandinavians playing on a German or French server is out of the question. Figuring why so many of us play in Midgard shouldn't be that hard to understand either :) .

I agree, you don't have to justify it. But many Mids do, saying it was a great achievement and that Albs better watch out since Excalibur will be going next. This kind of talk does nothing to further a fun and exciting realm war. We do want an active Midgard to go head-to-head with. We don't want to have to check /relic status every morning we log in.

On the LFoM-alliance forum you will find post about our Relics, but not here. Our small alliance consisting of 6 guilds looks at this as a small victory for us, but we don't brag about it. I hope you got that :)

As fare as your relics goes...yes we will come and have a go at Excalibur. With 2 relics in Grallarhorn and Midgard with a small moral boost it will be "primetime".

A

astokig

Tell me astokig, was that at 5 in the morning?

it was some time in the evning, but that should not have been a problem for dem hibbies... its what 75% of the spamm here says!

:m00:

C

Chenuba

What's getting more and more ridiculous in this whine is the talking about morale and "primetime". How come all the whiners can't accept that in a 24/7 game where people actually PAY to be able to log in and play, things can happen at any time and anywhere.
Why should people, who can only play at times outside "primetime", not be doing the same stuff as all the other PAYING players do ???????
Please give me a plausible answer. Please justify to me why people playing OFF "primetime" shouldn't have the same rights to play the game as "primetime" players do. (same price, remember ?).
Well you can't, cause in the end this whining is all about selfrightousness and and selfpity loosing some relics not being able to do shit about it. Life is tough ehhh ? .

Users who are viewing this thread