Season 7

1Jesta

Ok, season 6 was full of ups and downs , mainly because of a lot of clans splitting and some crappy server issues, but a lot have stuck with it and respect to those that have.
Now before the admin team get together and try to arrange next season , I personally would like to know your views on what can be improved upon and what you would like to see happen / change within the structure of BWTFCL.
I know a lot of clans had a problem with the set day/times of games but I also know a lot of clans loved it and found it to be easier, opinions?
Also , I know the refs issue was , if I'm honest, a shambles, we are looking into doing away with refs altogether next season and finding a replacement method to control games.
Overall, please any clan that participated in Season 6 or any beforehand , air your views and opinions here, this is YOUR league , and for YOUR enjoyement, ideas..........post.........

S

]SK[

Servers were a big problem this year but these seem to be fixed for now. Although that nasty routing issue seems to be still there for our european players :(.
Mind you these are things that BWTFCL cant improve.
I got a few other ideas but ill tell you them at a later date.

M

Moön

I would make a comment but its likely just going to be the obvious

cheers .

M

Mörgoth

Just like I forgot to say in the admin forums, this season was pretty much excellent except for: (i) server quality (ii) lack of dedicated refs. Just two problems, but rather huge ones which killed much of the enjoyment, esp. for euro clans.

I reckon stick with exactly the same format, limit the clan numbers the same as this season, keep the fixed timetables and as for the rcon/ref situation, it's something to be dealt with on the admin forums.

The only crap bit is that we don't know just how good the new servers or routing or whatever changed will be until we start getting complaints from a majority of euro clans, which will prolly only happen when next season starts anyway.

S

]SK[

Aye BW seem to have had a ruff period this year regards to routing from european countries :(

O

old.Vasco

Having fixed times and fixed servers is the best part of this league, please don't take that away.

O

old.|ncubvs

Agreed the strict scheduled match times were definitely a good thing. And the whole layout of the divisions was, and is, very good. Nothing needs changing there. I think the balance is spot on.

Hmm yeah routing was an issue for us and our non-UK players. Didn't really suffer from lack of refs...or not that I noticed in the games that I played. Anyway I'm sure the ref issue can be resolved quite easily...

...server problems are another matter though.

S

]SK[

Originally posted by |ncubvs
Anyway I'm sure the ref issue can be resolved quite easily...

Apparently not, its been going on for many seasons. Were looking at stopping the problem of having so few refs avail each night.

/me crosses fingers

O

old.[748]G-Man

We played |LBU last night on a BW clan server - and our Icelandic players who were routing via the USA to BW Season 6 seemed to be connecting normally and not via USA...so perhaps those server /routing issues have been resolved :) is so w007 for next season, keep the strict time schedule, also be strict on movement up and down divisions in placement this season, we worked our nuts off to get promoted from our div and it would be dissappointing to see other clans hop up a div simply because of droppages from above :/ but what can you do *sigh* :)

[VIT]Lugh

O

old.InZ`

tbh get rid of refs !

get refs to host Server bots and have irc rooms for the servers ie
IRC Room : #BWTFCL-7a // Bot Name : |7a|
IRC Room : #BWTFCL-7b // Bot Name : |7b|
IRC Room : #BWTFCL-13a // Bot Name : |13a|
IRC Room : #BWTFCL-13b // Bot Name : |13b|
IRC Room : #BWTFCL-13c // Bot Name : |13c|
IRC Room : #BWTFCL-13d // Bot Name : |13d|

have bots in irc for the servers... then get refs that have a decent connex to host HLTV the servers have all the anti-cheat stuff on so if ppl get caught wiv the cheats u ban them...

-----------------------------------------------------------

DONT HAVE GAMES SET ON CERTAIN DAYS ITS GAY!
go bak to how it was in season 4/5 when the leaders cud arrange the games via the site.

S

]SK[

thing is I usually host IRC bots but been having problems with my router which wont even work if I stick myself in a DMZ.

BW took off csgaurd to give the valve anticheat stuff a go. How it works I have no idea, but i would have thought that BW will soon be resorting back to csgaurd.

S

[SCW]Proud

i like set days and times, as long as they dont interfere with other league timetables, such as vitality mon 7pm..

Users who are viewing this thread