Season 6 suggestions and ideas

A

andersschm

<<CO puts too much emphasis on mad rushing. Tactical clans may choose to wait for CTs to throw nades and spread out before rushing but lose purely because the other clan just legged it from spawn every round and built up money faster. >>

CO puts an emphasis on winning terrorist rounds - which is not necessarily achieved by mad rushing. The best bit about CO however is when you have 5 minutes to win 3 rounds - thats when the mad rushing starts :D

A

[AntiHD]Justboy

CO

Originally posted by andersschm
CO puts an emphasis on winning terrorist rounds - which is not necessarily achieved by mad rushing. The best bit about CO however is when you have 5 minutes to win 3 rounds - thats when the mad rushing starts :D

It's pretty much taken for granted that CO puts emphasis on winning terrorist rounds seeing as the only rounds which contribute to your final score are those won as T.

It may be the case that the 'mad rushing' occurs as a match comes to a close but with CO rules Ts will constantly rush from spawn. It comes to the point in CO that players are killing themselves if they are left 1v3, 1v4 or 1v5 just so that they can start a new rush with their own team.

This also works in reverse as CTs will camp and back off from a T if he is the only player left as they hope to drag out time. CO may put an emphasis on winning as T but it also puts an emphasis on suicide as T and delayed achievement of objective on CT.

Justboy oot.

G

g-shock

12 clans would b good i think but i think piranisi and train should b included rather than playing maps twice maybe vegas as well

E

Echo-Flame

Ok, Mr12 all the way for me.
Personally, i dont think Piranesi worked at all, and i also would rather see clan_mill and clan_fire added instead of repeating maps if u go for a 12 clan division.
Everthing else is spot on, i thin so keep up the good work :)

A

[AntiHD]Justboy

de_piranesi

I'm joining the anti-piranesi club, now that is a map where its too far between bombsites.

R

RogueOne

In order to combat the problem of clans roping in players from top-level non-BWCSL clans next season, it's been suggested that we introduce a rule that any players registered for CB Eurocup or CPL Europe cannot play in BWCSL for any team they are not registered for in the aformentioned comps. Any comments much appreciated.

A

andersschm

Well I have to agree with the mercing thing.. after having it done to us probably cost us promotion :(

R

RogueOne

Given the immediacy of the problem, it's now likely that we will see this rule introduced before the end of this season. There have been 3 incidents of it so far in week 6 alone.

S

senx

The public server that I play on, has de_clan2_fire and de_clan1_mill on its cycle and I can safely say that they are enjoyable, GOOD maps. Worthy of being in the CS setup if you ask me.

They are both fair, and very well designed. The public server mentioned above has stats showing that over 180 regulars frequent it and there have been only a few complaints about the map, usually by people who are on slow connections and are unable to download the map from the server - These are usually the people who do not bother to check the website and see that they are avaliable for download :)
I also think pirenasi is too big. It's a nice map if your on a large public server, but a 5v5 clan match isnt right. It's a very confusing map. I've played it alot recently and I still get lost sometimes. Admittedly, that can be argued to be an advantage to the terrorists and what not but its just plain annoying to me. I think it should be left out because of its size.

I'm all up for adding clan2_fire, and I think you should check out clan1_mill too.

As for knife fights, I think they are funny. They should be left just for the pure idiocracy of them all. They dont really serve a purpose, but I find it is a little bit of a warm up to my trigger finger and the feel of the game. This is because I dont usually have time to play untill the game.

The mercing rule is good. I completely agree with it. Theres nothing worse than coming up against a clan who you know you can beat and then getting your backside thrashed by one player. It's not big, and its not clever! Infact, I would call that cheating. A team is a team. If your not confident in your abilities as a team then you may as well not bother I say.

E

Echo-Flame

Senx, could u post the ip of that server please? I like those maps but not many servers play them.

Also, thinking about what you said about warm-up, how about alocating 5 mins for warm-up before each match, just to let pings setle and have a quick run about?

R

RogueOne

Because we only have so much time for each game, allowing for a guaranteed warm-up period is something we really cannot do. However, in most cases, players who arrive punctually on the server will get a few minutes to warm up, since most matches have a few latecomers.

Knife rounds are both a waste of time and unfair. The current system, where fixtures are planned in advance so that each team goes as T first either 4 or 5 times during a season, is much fairer and does not necessitate the confusion of getting a knife round started at the start of each game.

Due to the general shortage of admins this season, we are not likely to see an expansion of the league next season. As such, we will probably be using the 10-clan maplist I specified at the start of this thread, with de_clan1_mill replacing de_piranesi.

The mercing rule is now in full operation. I've completed checks of the WONID list and the good news is that fewer people than I had expected will be affected by it. I'll try to contact the clans who are affected before their next match. A certain degree of misinformation about this rule has been spread by one person in particular, who has found himself affected by it. I would ask that you only listen to the official news posts where this rule is concerned.

S

senx

Unfortunately I believe the server has just been closed. Quite typical actually. I think it's moved stateside to Joltusa and has not got the maps on it. 'BAGOM' is its name anyway, I dont know the new IP

A

andersschm

We have fire and mill on our clan server but following problems with IES its only just came back online and isn't setup correctly yet. We play the good normal maps, fire, mill and a few other customs on there.

I'll post IP if people are interested once I have it back in a workable condition.

A

[AntiHD]Justboy

Server.

As well as playing for AntiHD I am the CL of my own clan - Killing In Danger Zone (<K.I.D.Z>). We share a fast WorldWarX server with Clan Bushido. Our server runs de_clan1_mill and de_clan2_fire in cycle and has full /statsme:

IP: 193.201.71.66:27019

Stats logged: http://serverstats.ionichost.com

W

Wookles

Hi .. [SWANT]Wookie here..

Ive got to say from my clans point of view we'd prefer Piranesi to Clan2Fire.. it worked well this season. We've had Clan2Fire on our server for some time.. and to be honest we dont see the attraction.

It may be CPL-approved .. but doesnt mean that everyone will find it fun.

If the league is extended I agree that every map twice would be good.

Wookie

A

andersschm

Unfortunately our piranesi match was defaulted to us. I quite enjoyed the two practice matches we played before the default match though as they were unpredictable.

B

[BFTD]BigD

gah get rid of piransei, too too big for a 5v5, u can spend ages looking for the other people and the distance between bomb sites is too big. Nice to look at, sh*t to play.

Give us anything but that

A

andersschm

BigD I thought after dying several seconds after leaving your spawn site you would appreciate having a nice map to look at :D

G

g-shock

piranisi isnt a bad map at all. either u didnt practice it or u didnt bother 2 learn the it. i welcome it next season, its a great map.

B

[BFTD]BigD

Infact we did learn it, and did practice it, that doesn't change my arguement its too big for 5v5

C

cannonfod

its not to big for 5 on 5 , its a confusing map i give it that but the bombsites are easily within reach of each other if u have decent communication between your team :]

O

old.Smittins

Originally posted by g-shock
either u didnt practice it or u didnt bother 2 learn the it.

i know it and have practiced it, its a shit map

E

ECA

I'd love to see Chateau see its way into the maplist, its a very tactical map in clangames, and some good tactics can bring surprising results against bigger clans.

As for cs_ maps, my main problem and i think the leagues problem/s with them are that the T's get to spawn next to the hossies.

As a solution to this problem I'd like to see some cs_ maps where the hostages are located between both teams spawns like bombsites, so both teams arrive at roughly the same time.

I always thought es_ maps were well suited to league play heh, but I dont think i'll ever see them make a return unless some of the more prominent mappers get an es_ map in a new release.

W

Wookles

Chateau = too laggy for league play. It has some serious r-speed problems, im amazed it was ever released.

Piranesi was a welcome relief.

CPL maps such as clan2fire, mill etc... just because they are CPL doesnt mean they are good. We trialled these on our server and didnt like either of them.

B

[BFTD]BigD

We've played clan1_mill and clan2_fire quite a bit in ECSL, and they are actually good maps to play, quite tactical, and not too large.

C

Cyb

In my opinion CS_assault would be a good map..

Alot of people dislike it but if you think about it it requires good tactics and teamwork as CT and so is a fun map to play.

It should be considered for addition to the maplist! Now who's with me?!

*silence*

E

ECA

Originally posted by Wookles
Chateau = too laggy for league play. It has some serious r-speed problems, im amazed it was ever released.

Piranesi was a welcome relief.

CPL maps such as clan2fire, mill etc... just because they are CPL doesnt mean they are good. We trialled these on our server and didnt like either of them.

Maps dont induce lag.

Tbh, with a half decent PC you'll still get 100fps on chateau, its only people on oooold pc's who will see a drop.

also clan2_fire is a great map, we got it on a BW public server and it was very enjoyable to play.

A

andersschm

Maps may not induce lag but they can induce sleep as I found out after playing cs_docks mr12 with 5 minute rounds in BYCCC.

It took a full 100 minutes to play 24 rounds and ended up with us defaulting the game we had following it.

Don't ever play cs_docks in a clan game! I worry about the people who voted for its inclusion.

R

RogueOne

Believe it or not, maps *can* induce lag. Some maps place more demand on the CPU of the server than others, and if CPU-load goes outside of acceptable parameters, then massive lag is the result. Chateau, torn and havannah are all bad for this. Fortunately, our new servers should be nice enough to handle *any* map :)

Users who are viewing this thread