Screen tint?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm trying to find a way to tint a screen for kids who have dyslexia, I've tried googling it but most of the results are adamant that I want to get rid of it, but I don't.

I'm using a PC + a projector, I've tried to fiddle with the projector settings but for some bizarre reason the options aren't as described (yellow is green etc) and I can't get a yellow.

I need the solution to be through windows somehow, I've tried looking at accessibility stuff but that only changes the colour of the font from what I can tell, I can't really download anything because IT in schools don't trust nobody.

Also, if someone finds a solution to having to print out different colours/'overlays' etc etc then you'll make a fortune in education. :p

Syri

FH is my second home
There is a colour filters section in the accessibility options in settings, but I think you need to have at least windows 10 1803 to have that option. I'm not 100% sure what version it was added, but it was somewhere around that sort of time. There are only a limited number of options though.
If you need to make the screen more yellow using the projector controls, if it has individual colour controls, increase the green and red (or reduce the blue) and that should give a yellow tint.
If the PC has an nvidia graphics card, with the nvidia control panel enabled, there's an option in there to adjust colour balance. Select the "adjust desktop colour settings" option on the left, and where you have "3. Apply colour enhancements" change the colour channel to blue, then reduce the brightness, and that should give a yellow tint. I can't say for certain if intel or AMD graphics will have the same option, and don't have any to hand to check.
Hope there's something helpful in there.

Gwadien

There is a colour filters section in the accessibility options in settings, but I think you need to have at least windows 10 1803 to have that option. I'm not 100% sure what version it was added, but it was somewhere around that sort of time. There are only a limited number of options though.
If you need to make the screen more yellow using the projector controls, if it has individual colour controls, increase the green and red (or reduce the blue) and that should give a yellow tint.
If the PC has an nvidia graphics card, with the nvidia control panel enabled, there's an option in there to adjust colour balance. Select the "adjust desktop colour settings" option on the left, and where you have "3. Apply colour enhancements" change the colour channel to blue, then reduce the brightness, and that should give a yellow tint. I can't say for certain if intel or AMD graphics will have the same option, and don't have any to hand to check.
Hope there's something helpful in there.

I've tried the accessibility stuff, but it doesn't give it a yellow tint it just changes the colour of writing etc.

I've tried using the projector controls and as I said before it doesn't add up what the different options are and none of them did the job PS - it didn't allow to change individual colours, just gave a bunch of preset options.

School PCs having GPUs? hahahaha!

Thanks for trying though, if all else fails I'm just going to stick some yellow plastic over the projector and cause a fire. :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So you want a warm hue to everything? Like you are looking through yellow glass lenses?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Surely speaking with your SENCo people (Or department) would get something sorted?

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Windows 10 has a night light option as well. Might be worth a try. Hit start, type "night light"

Gwadien

Windows 10 has a night light option as well. Might be worth a try. Hit start, type "night light"

I missed this.

This might actually work, now to wait 2 weeks before I can check! :)

Cheers

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Asetate overlay or tinted glasses is usually a good solution

has the kid been tested and know which colour for definite, my son needed blue tint.

Gwadien

Asetate overlay or tinted glasses is usually a good solution

has the kid been tested and know which colour for definite, my son needed blue tint.

Kids*

and here's the problem :)

There's multiple kids with different colours; it's just yellow is the most common unfortunately for all the other colours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom