Scouts unite :(

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Most non-scout classes hate or dislike scouts afaik. I'm a scout and personally I don't give a ... damn tbh.

However there might be new DAoC players, who maybe would like to try playing a scout, that might get put off by the widespread negative PR. (A dream come true I guess for some of you :p )

Dunno exactly what the point of starting this thread is...bit sick of being harassed because of being a scout maybe.

:(

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
stop adding and leeching then
soloing gets boring the billionth time scouts attack you as your fighting someone else
and its never one scout either, always duo+

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
I always solo, and I try not to add. When I see a 1 on 1 I definetly don't add, but when I see a lot of people fighting I tend to join in the fight. I see that as defending the realm. :)

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
one thing that kinda annoys me about 1 vs 1 , they are fun , but what if you don't add and person actually wants help , he then goes baws oot at you in tells for not helping , on the other hand if you do jump in and help thinking he needs it , they go baws oot again in tells beacause you helped.

no win situation except to only add if they /y for help?

Gamah

Banned
All scouts are fags, except aoln..who loves teh cock..however its not gay because our balls dont touch.

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
My initial post was badly worded I suppose, so I'll try to say it another way:

I do give a damn about the scout community, but not if people criticize me personally for playing as a scout. (Unless I make a mistake by e.g. adding when I shouldn't. If I do that then I do my best to apologize.)
I try to play as honorably as I can, and not add when I think the others wouldn't want me to add (or help).

Of course if any scout deserves criticism then please criticize all you want, but please don't harass the class just because you don't like the class. The scout class is after all a part of DAoC, and people should be allowed to play it if they want to.

:)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
scouts should take 99% falling dmg after entering a tower
scouts should be ported to lynosse with soju port timer bugged after entering a keep
------""------ be perma stuned when trying to shoot stuff from bridge rooms

then i would love scouts.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
my bf played a scout when game 1st came out, he played for about 2 years and in the beginning it wasnt too bad but then scouts got nerfed and everyone seemed to have this major thing against them.

when i made a group i wont say i always had a scout but i certainly didnt discriminate against them, infact i generally took a scout as i knew how hard it was for them to get in xp groups and i really couldnt understand why, all the scouts i grouped with were great they worked hard for the group and made a real contribution.

in RvR my bf would have a devil of a time getting in a group unless is was a gg and often you'd see loads of scouts camped by the mg's waiting to pick off enimies i remember one time there was a full on battle going on at the bottom of the gate and the archers were all shooting and one of the albs in the fight at the gate yelled at them to stop adding.

now imo this was totally stupid, no one has a claim on enemies in an all out battle like that, maybe if its 1 on 1 then yes leave them be but when the game 1st started it was always pve you dont add, pvp its a free for all. Scouts had the hardest time getting to level 50 and then they had to put up with all the crap of people being leet and not wanting to group with a scout for rvr, imo dont know why the creators made a char that would be so percecuted its just mean.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I have a friar (no ml8? not needed), a reaver (no rr5, ml9? no need you), and a cabalist (not fully toaed and ml9? no thx) all level 50, but none of them wanted in a group. I have a non toaed (almost, I have heat lw) infil and a semi toaed scout (7 artis, most of them can be farmed with 1-2 ppl) which 2 chars I can play, the scout can be played even unbuffed. But unbuffed and not toaed I have 0% chance against a buffed char (which is 99%) so what could I do beside tower camping and leeching? Even buffed I have not much chance against purge3.

The other thing is adding. 99% fgs are adding on scouts both sides, so o not blame only the scouts for adding.

3rd thing is scouts main role is at tower and keep fights. With iRvR and leet fgs there are almost no keeptakes. What is the point of 1 zone RvR?

CuddleBunny!

Banned
more non-archers that add, it's just that scouts have high dmg and long range, so you get quite pwnd if they add, so you get more annoyed than when you get steamrolled by a fg...
more often i get fucked over by a fg or a zerg or a sb while fighting, than a hunter or a ranger :<

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
archers are ok, free rp ^^

after u kite around with end regen som charge up after 1-2 shots by 3x bow spec hunter... lost to u that one time after said kiteing when u decided i had wasted enough end pots and turned round to slam with purge down and then try /laugh leet ;), came back 2 sec later and pwned u, tbh lost fair few more times to me :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I'll stop hating scouts the moment they stop critshotting my targets, stealing half the rps, ruining the fights, and being rather anoying in general.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
CuddleBunny! said:
more often i get fucked over by a fg or a zerg or a sb while fighting, than a hunter or a ranger :<
Exactly, yet, everyone's all like, Boo archer, yay zerg!

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
I'll stop hating scouts the moment they stop critshotting my targets, stealing half the rps, ruining the fights, and being rather anoying in general.
you can't critshot someone who's in a fight..

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Elendar said:
stop adding and leeching then
soloing gets boring the billionth time scouts attack you as your fighting someone else
and its never one scout either, always duo+

Stop rvr if you cant stop your fucking crying all over the threads.

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Its hardly crying, its very valid. The scout mentality is exactly as its said, nearly always with multiple other scouts /assisting, camping in towers for the easy(boring) rp. God forbid you should ever catch one on his/her own, usually they then just PS and leg it back to the tower they came from ;x or in the general direction of the nearest fire wizz *cough soulmark*.

I dunno, couldnt be like it myself.. seems so boring.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Musejedi said:
Its hardly crying, its very valid. The Group mentality is exactly as its said, nearly always with multiple other Blademasters /assisting, Running with speed 5 and sprint to mow down all soloers for easy rp. God forbid you should ever catch one on his/her own.

yes sir

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts aren't always grouped because of the arpees though. :p I like to duo with my brothers infiltrator, mostly because solo is boring as fuck and no fun at all. We usually end up dead most of the time, but we often get one kill in per time be both die. :)

I don't like to towercamp myself, I'm always on the run around. Camping is about as exciting as, well, there's nothing less exciting actually, except maybe crafting. Barely though. I only get in a tower if there's a steaming zerg of hibs/mids headed my way and I'd be a dead man walking staying outside, oh and I use it if I'm injured and need to heal up.

I recently got Phase Shift, so now maybe my brother and I can kill someone without us (or usually me) dying first. :p I had this fun thing where I had the whole thing in, shooting, slam, shooting, FZ, shooting, and then I still died, and he then proceeded to kill my brother. Now, admittedly, we're both RR3, and the guy was RR6, so apparently this made loads of difference.

I try not to add too much, even when I'm in the middle of zerg v zerg I take special care not to shoot at mezzed targets. Ofcourse an accidental add happens, I don't worry myself about it that much. But if I see a 1v1 going on I try and target both combatants, see if it's an alb, see if he's losing and if so, I help out. If I see someone getting harassed by a NPC Guard, I help out even if this means I have a chance of getting killed myself.

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts tower camp because they are so fragile. I've got several 50s and without doubt my scout is the biggest pain to level. Poor damage in melee, they get hurt 1v1 in PvE so god know what happens when they meet Messrs Buffed and his friend ToAd.

If they were a bit more sturdy they might not tower camp so much (ok, some people would, but some people with ranged attacks/spells always will). But they are, so they do.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts rock and I mean this seriously. They are the best blockers after reavers (yes guys this info is off the Nerd press) so they are good in groups. We also know they can solo.
They can take a door down with fools bow with a speed that leaves me in awe.
When I do rvr raids I always nag the scouts into a cg because without them we would loose more often than we do.

*free cookies for scouts this week*

:cheers:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Rhori said:
you can't critshot someone who's in a fight..
They can try? ;o They seem to have their ways of leeching all the rps with 1-2 shots and then buggering off, anyway ;x

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
They can try? ;o They seem to have their ways of leeching all the rps with 1-2 shots and then buggering off, anyway ;x
All you have to do is turn on rapid fire, spam 111111111 and F8 and /face. ;) Works great when alb zerg meets hib/mid zerg. :p Or when hib zerg meets mid zerg and you're hiding in the bushes..

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Imo play the class as you want it :)

Ignore those 'rvr is my realm and you can't attack my target' bullshit. Scouts add on me and I don't say anything. Imo they entitled to play the game how they like, not like all this bs leet shit of people letting other people die to prove they didn't add. Its realm vs realm.

I wub scouts :)

/bow

Ps makes me laugh they people moan that scouts ' only shoot from range and never hand to hand' - exactly the specs of a good scout . .no? :)

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorin said:
scouts should take 99% falling dmg after entering a tower
scouts should be ported to lynosse with soju port timer bugged after entering a keep
------""------ be perma stuned when trying to shoot stuff from bridge rooms

then i would love scouts.
Can we also add that DI should not work for rangers/hunters/scouts when tower hugging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom