Scouts,are they staying as they are?

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Now pls b4 we start ive not just beeb PWND and im not a NOOB or any of the other crap that usually gets thrown at any1 asking a question here.
Are scouts getting any form of nerf in the near future does any1 know.
Im now so fed up ive stopped playing the game with my hunter as ill run round solo lookingfor ppl and spot either a scout with poor stealth or a scout firing or just finished firing.I open up on said scout and all i get is "youre arrow is blocked" on every fkin shot,i then have to turn to leg it as im unbuffed as i dont have a BB and know that theres never just 1 scout on his own and if i stand there hoping 1 shot will get past im gonna get a inf in my face.The second i turn to run i get 3 arrows in my back for more dmg than my crits usualy do (k well almost) and hey presto im dead.
This is getting really stupid now an archer class being able to block other archer classes then drop them in 3shots.
Now i know A LOT of other hunters i know feel the same way and have quit or are close to quitting as they are sick of this,just wondered if there was any light at the end of the tunnel in the near future?Tho i doubt it as Mythic/Goa are :wanker: when it comes to reducing anything overpowered in albland.
Oki Q the albs all defending their scouts and trying to pursuade every1 they aint fotm/overpowered and how hunters get pets(that can do fook all as we have to spec so damm high in bow/spear to even have a fighting chance) and how we get self buffs (which again dont do a fat lot as we dont have the points left to spec high beastcraft).
You can take ALL of that lot from me if igot a shield that could block other archers.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
You can be a winner too!

re-roll alb now!

:)

edit: oh, btw I dont think scouts have been nerfed on us servers, so the answer to your question is that scouts stay as they are.

Oldgit

Fledgling Freddie
So what you saying? take the shield from the scout? or the others that pop and shoot you need a nerf, or the infil that u run into?
If you want too start a nerf scout flame post, say what it is that you think can be nerfed on a scout so you can beat 4 scouts and 1 infil?

Rage

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings

The blockrate of all shields is very high (seems like 100% when I play my warrior) against arrows. Perhaps make scouts only have a 25% blockrate on ranged attacks and keep their normal blockrate in melee (which might be alot less than 25%).

Shield has such a vastly superior gain compared to BC for example that its seems a bit unbalanced.

I guess it wouldnt matter much if the scout players mostly sucked, but compeeting with better damage, better range and shield vs BC + that many scouts are actually very good players, makes my life as a hunter a bit less fun (still very fun imo, I am not a sore looser), than it could have been ;-)

with regards
Rage

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, this isn't a case of scouts being overpowered it is rather a case of a buffbotted scout >>>>>>>>>> unbuffed hunter.

An unbuffed hunter, or any archer, will get blown away by any damage class, especially if they have a spec shield. Whether or not scouts are overpowered isn't the main issue. The main issue is that 99% of players who solo are buffbotted and will cream any non-botted player, irrespective of the relative "skill", or class strengths, of the players concerned.

Javlar

Fledgling Freddie
I dont wanna be all elite etc but getting a buffbot could be a pretty good thing mate. Without buffs you're competing on a totally different level than pretty much everyone else. Borrow a bot from some of the million quitters or something. Not only do you get alot more fighting-back-ability, you also improve your chances of getting through those nasty shields you mentioned ;)

And as for scouts being nerfed i don't see that coming. Mythic seems to think that selfbuffs, speedburst and pets make up for slam and blocks..
Don't look all surprised, they're the assholes that came up with NF ffs :p

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well ild say scouts are a bit overpowered atm, with fz relics and shield etc. but main issue is probably the buffbot, any buffbotted player willl slaughter non buffbotted unless extrordanary circumstances. Person with buffbot will be better in every single way, they deal more dmg, take less dmg, have more hpts etc. Its got to the state were i wont go out solo without buffs as its basically not worth it. However i dont own my own buffbot (dont have 2 comps, 1 comp cant handle 2 for me) so have to ask others, but most people are friendly enough to buff you, so just ask :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
There are no scout nerfs incoming, as far as I can tell.

TBH I'd expect there to be no significant class alterations what so ever until they've nerfed the OP'd catacombs classes into the ground, and made the shit ones godly and back again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
simple thing to do would be remove engage from scouts, they have a shield, which is fine i guess, rangers have CD and useless self buff, hunters have a pet and useless buffs

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:

Main problem is mate you are unbuffed, and like others have said vs a buffed opponent you stand very little to zero chance, a buffed hunter can do very well vs a scout but an unbuffed one has no chance, and vice versa tbh.

As for the shield, well its always been there, its just of recent that people have started to whine more about it as they roll their new fotm archer to find that some classes can actually defend themselves against an archer one being the scout, and they get frustrated by this.

Most of the scout whines in gerneral though tend to come from mainly hunters and rangers, they didn't whine pre NF when hunters and rangers had access to AP which would drop scout damage to pitiful amounts.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
simple thing to do would be remove engage from scouts, they have a shield, which is fine i guess, rangers have CD and useless self buff, hunters have a pet and useless buffs

Yes removing one of the main features of the shield would definately be a clever move :m00:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
hardly call it a main feature, its mainly used to block arrows for archers. which is what makes it unfair.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Just givf old chain + shield back to hunters, mkay? :-P

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
hardly call it a main feature, its mainly used to block arrows for archers. which is what makes it unfair.

Unfair like assasins/rangers halving our block rate and evade rate? oh you mean unfair for you....righhhhtttt.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing has changed in class balance between scouts and other archer in NF, nothing. Before noone whined since all agreed that scout got the worst deal of all archers, a spec shield which is 1/2 effective against all our common enemies. The good hunters and rangers understood they would have good chance in melee but pointless to shot. Quite balanced between archer classes, with rangers being slighty better.

What has changed is all the wannabe noob rangers and hunters who has been made, who think they can outshot the old scouts just because they
stand at some keep. Hunters in fact is the best against scouts these days.

Lesson 1 : You wanna win against a scout you need to take fights into melee, thats where the scouts shield is weakest. So shot a couple, fire speed
and run in trying to avoid a FZ. If a hunter make damn sure pet is on scout, because if FZ hits good chance you wont live through it. A shield will still block multiple arrows even with pet on scout, so best to move in melee.

Lesson 2 : Check how high evade you have, and think for a minute.
Hmm 9 sec anytime stun against such crappy evade, maybe it would be a damn good idea to have atleast purge2 ready before starting to attack a tough opponent. To attack any decent scout without purge up is plain SUICIDE.

Lesson 3 : FZ is a must for any archer, tricks to try survive it but most wont use, and im not the one to share :)

Lesson 4 : RF is you friend, often i encounter noob shits who wanna hit me hard to enlarge their epenis. Shield out, block a few and when they are preparing that big hit just switch to bow and they will newer fire an arrow again. Do allways use rf unless a very good reason not to.

Lesson 5 : Relics do make a huge difference, so best to be carefull before attacking alb stealthers atm.

Lesson 6 : Forget ip, pd, aom ....., high mos and purge is what wins fight unless your so high rr you can afford it. Purge2, high mos and maybe ip1 a bit later with dex or maybe a bit in fe. Worst case against a scout is he comes in
from the back, slams you FZ you and thats it. I kill lots of hunters and assasins that way and they newer had just 1 % chance.

Lesson 7 : Buffs do matter, and close to imposibel to win 1on1 unbuffed against a buffed opponent.

The balance from before NF still there, but scouts do well in keepfights as they allways have, hence the whine. Do not expect to drop a scout easy with arrows.

Radix

Fledgling Freddie
Think volley get slight nerf to height bonus, or maybe we already got that? dont remember if it was late 1.70 or early 1.71 it happened on US.

But you wont ever see nerf that only effect albion, thats the way of things.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Radix said:
Think volley get slight nerf to height bonus, or maybe we already got that? dont remember if it was late 1.70 or early 1.71 it happened on US.

Scouts are the only archer class, and maybe the only class in the game who
hasent gotten any class specifik improvements ever.

Scouts has allways ruled in keepfights, and they have allways been among
the weakest stealthers outside. Hardly a scout problem our enemies cant play.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Radix said:

All these so called middy nerfs were actually game balance fixes ie LA/savages/end regen with no range, but then again albions smite clerics were never touched being the lovechild of mythic that they are :m00:

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
I find it quite funny that scouts run around with there shield out while stealthed, when all other ranged classes run around with there bow :m00

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
To the topicstarter.
Your an unbuffed QQ'ing noob.
Regards, Glottis

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe.. juuust maybe its because they dont have a shield. :eek2:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
ok typical situation:
Look...a scout...lets shoot him :) . Loading critshot ...blocked...loading critshot... blocked... "ggrmmffllmmm bastardscouts...mothafu"...stealth...crit shot ....blocked ....crit shot blocked... "haha rapid fire ftw" Blocked,blocked,blocked,blocked... "oh oh he is commin towards me now. What to do ? i'm no pussy ill fight him! Haha here he comes. Eat this Scout melee gimp bastard :flames: " You are parralized ! "ffs" You can't cast a spell when being wtfpwned by FZ" RR1 scout hits you for 550dmg ...550dmg...550dmg...550dmg. /rel

Or:
Hm scout is shooting someone. Lets Gank him :D You load crit... you hit average scout for 700dmg and repeat... You can't attack someone who is Phaseshifting.
Here he comes... Scout casts a spell (IP) You are parralised. You are hit by rr1 scout for 1150 dmg. You are hit for 550dmg. You are hit for 350dmg (RF) /rel

(I know we can Phaseshift aswell, but we dont get to slam the target afterwards and still get a free kill)

To sum it up...

A class that has a ridiculous blockrate , stealth, FZ ,Phaseshift, Best Range, Best Bows, (hence best dmg) Full advantage over assasins with MoS so they slam before PA gets off and just do the crit + 2 normal shots thingy.

Its rather overpowered.

Personally i dont really mind....
Rangers have there good meleedmg and the evade/block rate advantage when melee.
Assassins can kill before the target can move if you know what you are doing and got good equipment.

Just wanted to point out that scouts have 1 too many tools as the game is.
The main problem is MoS. Especially over assasins... And the blockrate is a bit silly.
The solution will shock Mythic to their very core and they might have to phone the president but imo : MoS should be entirely removed from the game. NO TS, NO SH just
assasins detect hidden advantage (wich is decent but not overpowered) as it should be. Because takin away the assassin's primary form off attack and dmgoutput is just stupid.

/whine off

ps: stop bitching about buffed vs unbuffed you bunch off noobits... that is not the issue...

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
ok typical situation:
Look...a spiritmaster...lets shoot him :) . Loading critshot ...intercepted...loading critshot... intercepted... "ggrmmffllmmm bastardsms...mothafu"...stealth...crit shot ....intercepted ....crit shot intercepted... "haha rapid fire ftw" intercepted,intercepted,intercepted,intercepted...

Damn intercepting pets :eek7:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Votan said:
Damn intercepting pets :eek7:

Don't be a smartass. This is about Stealther Vs Stealther. And the balance between them. (not to talk about AM minstrelpets or minstrels specced to kill instead off support. Note: i did say not to talk about... so please don't turn the thread around)

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
:fluffle:

Fyi i really did have an encounter similar to the one described above.

As for stealther vs stealther.. you whine about MoS but you seem to have forgotten about all the other anti stealth measures introduced with to which are available to both stealthers and non-stealthers.
Generalizations are so easy to make aren't they... :puke:

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
I play a ranger whos fully buffed whit a bb. The most comon way of rvr in NF seems to be tower/keep fights. If im standing on a tower shoting at a scout, hi gone get his shield and prevent me from killing him, but if a scout is standing on a tower shoting at me, there is not mutch i can do except /releas or run and hope the scout miss. This meens that the scout got a huge advantage over ranger/hunter that is wery unfair. Mytic should do something about this, thay dont have to nerf scouts but thay could give hunter/ranger shield to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom