Scout Spec

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
hey im new to playin my new char on glast and was wondering wot a viable and effective spec would be.

Ive come up with :

50 Bow
35 Stealth
42 Shield
18 Weapon

or

45 Bow
34 Stealth
42 Shield
29 Weapon

plz discuss what you think the best spec is and why even if its not one of these. thanx

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
i went
45 bow
42 shield
35 stealth
rest in thrust what ever it was :p

then ive got MOS 2 and other skills i cant remember atm ;)

A

Aoln

Just don't go 50 bow, you'll still be able to do exactly the same as you would with 50bow with 35-45bow but you'll but a lot less limited in melee.

I'd advise the
45 Bow
34 Stealth
42 Shield
29 Weapon
less bow/more melee depending on playstyle.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Runimatrix said:
45 Bow
34 Stealth
42 Shield
29 Weapon

This is a great all round spec. High bow damage, capped stealth at a medium realm rank, slam and blocking and fairly decent melee damage.

Best choice, imo :cheers:

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:
50 shield rest stealth imo :D

Yeah make fun of it .. my scout was 50 shield 39 slash 35 stealth in OF and kicked arse ... :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
Yeah make fun of it .. my scout was 50 shield 39 slash 35 stealth in OF and kicked arse ... :p

Infiltrators with shield, slam and studded armour? ;)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Runimatrix said:
hey im new to playin my new char on glast and was wondering wot a viable and effective spec would be.

Ive come up with :

50 Bow
35 Stealth
42 Shield
18 Weapon

or

45 Bow
34 Stealth
42 Shield
29 Weapon

plz discuss what you think the best spec is and why even if its not one of these. thanx

my scout uses the 2nd spec, and my best friend's scout uses the 1st one you've mentioned... they are both viable, and great specs. i am a bit more fighting focused, I don't get paniced if i have to kill the last 20% of the enemy's hp down in melee, while my friend is a great sniper, and vanishes like a grey goat in the fog when anyone comes close... depends on playstyle, both good.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Infiltrators with shield, slam and studded armour? ;)

Wast mostly to counter hunters cause I kept getting my arse handed to me by Kipu :( ... 50 + 15 shield and 370 or so dex wasn't really something a hunter could hit past easily :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
well done on choosing one of DAoC's most beloved classes.

spec wise, a spec of 34 st, 29 melee, 45 bow, 24 shield is one of the better allround specs for slash due the lvl 29 slash style: Amy slash.

the other spec of 35/34 stealth 18 melee 50 bow 42 shield is classed as a sniper scout.

for any spec, it depends on what you find you love playing.

from my personal experience, I enjoy 30 st, 39 melee, 40 bow, 42 shield but being a high RR & not on classic, I am able to throw in a few toys which aren't accessible to you.

I would say if I played classic, a spec of 35 st, 35 melee, 40 bow 42 shield would suit me as a allrounder spec.

if you found yourself getting into melee alot I would then aim for 39 melee 40/45 bow 35/34 stealth rest in shield. Whilst you lose slam you gain some other tricksy styles such as basiliskfang (thrust side style melee spd debuff) & backslash (slash high dmg, high end rear style)

the choice is yours, we can only lead you to water but we cant make you drink it)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Wast mostly to counter hunters cause I kept getting my arse handed to me by Kipu :( ... 50 + 15 shield and 370 or so dex wasn't really something a hunter could hit past easily :p

I hate fighting scouts :(

You just can't hit them with them having like 370+ dex, and probably the same shield skill as some tank classes.:(

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
My Scout is:

45 LB
42 Shield
35 Stealth
30 Slash

This spec requires LB to be auto-trained to Lvl 48 in order to have the neccesary points.

K

Karath

Ive heard alot about slash scouts, what about thrust specific specs?

Like what would be the opitimum spec concidering you wont be going to amy slash?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Considering on Classic your gonna be unbuffed and no TOA + dex cap you may find 45 Bow a better spec as that gives you Rapid Fire II. 50 Bow is a waste as it gives no real benefit, from my experience anyway. Better putting the point in melee.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
On Prydwen but your first spec is the same as my current one:

50 Bow
35 Stealth
42 Shield
18 Weapon

MOS3, can't remember rest.

I respec'd to this from lower bow (did have 40) to be honest i'm boned in melee regardless so I'd rather just sit back and pluck away with my bow. Melee scouts at low RR aren't worth attempting in my opinion, if I want to melee I'd go a minstrel or an inf. I don't, I like range and I love leeching off melee scouts ;)

Just got Zephyr tonight so perhaps I'll respec a little soon, after RR4.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Hawkwind said:
Considering on Classic your gonna be unbuffed and no TOA + dex cap you may find 45 Bow a better spec as that gives you Rapid Fire II. 50 Bow is a waste as it gives no real benefit, from my experience anyway. Better putting the point in melee.

with classic you can get dex cap & toa like bonuses from dark spire

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom