Scout Spec

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
I am activating my account today since i got my password from mythic :clap:

I was wondering, how many extra spec points do i save by autotraining bow to lvl 40 or 48??

Any good specs with 50 bow would also be apreciated :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Do not go 50 Longbow, it is not worth the points, 45 Longbow allows for the last rapid fire and you shouldn't really consider going any higher. I myself am specced 46 Longbow, but that's just because it's what I've had since the beginning and I haven't seen much need to respec by one point. Autotraining is certainly advised if you can, with autotraining I think you can get this spec, or perhaps somewhat higher.

35 Stealth
45 Longbow
42 Shield
29 Melee

At RR5 this will allow for 50 Stealth with a full spellcrafted suit, which is more or less necesary to survive for any length of time solo in today's stealthzerg culture.
45 Longbow allows for the last rapid fire, but there is no practical reason for taking it any higher.
42 Shield rewards the Slam stun, which will be your saving grace in many situations. Ignore whines about the no to-hit bonus, you do need Slam.
Finally 29 melee. At low Realm Rank you are going to do pitiful melee damage, but if you want that go and roll an Infiltrattor you woman. The real choice is between Thrust and Slash. Thrust is 50% Dex and 50% Strength based. Slash is 100% Strength. This means that your unstyled damage and weapon skill as a Scout will be higher with Thrust. However, low level Thrust styles are rather wank. Slash styles are rather better. If you intend to RvR in Emain Macha, I would suggest going Slash simply because of resist bonus against fellows such as Marczje here.

Spear

Fledgling Freddie
Reroll Ranger they have run buff, dmg add and dual wield
Both scouts and hunters got the shaft from mythic.

(I don't play a ranger btw just been ganked by several while playing my hunter)

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
On the contrary, some of the lower level thrust styles are moderately good.

Code:
Level | Name      | Prerequisite  | Attack       | Defense        | Fatigue Cost | Damage | Effect 
6     | Puncture  | None          | Medium Bonus | None           | High         | Low    | Bleeding
15    | Beartooth | You block     | High Bonus   | None           | Low          | Medium | Stunned (6 sec)
21    | Lunge     | Puncture      | High Bonus   | None           | Medium       | Medium | None
29    | Pierce    | Behind target | High Bonus   | Medium Penalty | Medium       | High   | Bleeding

I started off as slash spec with my scout. Respecced to thrust and never looked back.

Spear

Fledgling Freddie
The only people that can use thrust weapons properly are infils and mercs and thats cause they use CS or DW styles instead.

Everyone else is stuck using a level 6 style as an opener that is high fatigue. This style basically gives +9 to dmg whoopee!

This compared with slash that has the level 29 Amethyst Slash and gives +30 dmg and is medium fatigue.

The +dmg shown above varies per char and was on my minstrel when I tried thrust.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Roalith said:

Code:
Level | Name      | Prerequisite  | Attack       | Defense        | Fatigue Cost | Damage | Effect 
6     | Puncture  | None          | Medium Bonus | None           | High         | Low    | Bleeding
15    | Beartooth | You block     | High Bonus   | None           | Low          | Medium | Stunned (6 sec)
21    | Lunge     | Puncture      | High Bonus   | None           | Medium       | Medium | None
29    | Pierce    | Behind target | High Bonus   | Medium Penalty | Medium       | High   | Bleeding

I started off as slash spec with my scout. Respecced to thrust and never looked back.
Joy for no decent any time style.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
A

Loxleyhood said:
Finally 29 melee. At low Realm Rank you are going to do pitiful melee damage, but if you want that go and roll an Infiltrattor you woman..

Well, that is the reason i am going 50 bow, for the tiny extra damage, and penetration arrow 3.. This is going to be a PvP char, i have my cleric for PvE events/raids :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
If you go 50 Longbow you will make baby Jesus cry and God will smite you.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
penetrating arrow 3 isnt worth it.... trust me.. it isnt....

if ur gonna be a pvp scout u REALLY dont want Penetrating arrow 3 and basicly no melee damage...... its either low melee specc or no slam on shield if u go 50 bow... so do urself a favour and go for the "fotm" specc...

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Roalith said:

Code:

Also apart from the no decent anytime which lox has already pointed out, the lack of choice for a high dmg style except peirce > From Behind :eek7: ok if ur bafing i guess but solo Thrust leaves you with little decent styles.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
50 Longbow
42 Shield
34 Stealth
20 Thrust

Damage difference between 20 and 29 melée is negligible. As for styles, 29 thrust gives you pierce which is ok but rear positional, so not worth spending the extra points on. 29 slash of course gives you Ammy slash but IMHO that's for plebs/highlander paladins. :D

Don't be a pleb, be uber. ;)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I say thee nay! Slash is the gentleman's choice, and 29 is too! The difference between 20 and 29 melee in weapon skill is high, and it's weapon skill that you will need when fighting assasins. It is the difference between 45 Longbow and 50 Longbow that is truly negligible.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
If you're going to make a 50 melee Scout it's better off just making an Infiltrator.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
My spec:
50 shield
35 slash
36 stealth
28 bow (27 for last crit shot and had some points spare)

I know it's a "silly" spec ... but the difference in damage between 45 and 27 bow is tiny (70 on my critshot cap) and the high melee/shield makes me win quite a lot of solo fights ...

Low bow makes me miss a lot more on reds and purples... but again the high shield and slash makes it easy peasy for me to solo a nightmare for example.

And in RvR everybody is yellow ... hardly noticed an increase in misses there.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Having such a low Longbow spec is viable, but be aware that once again your weapon skill will plumet increasing the number of shots that will miss and be evaded.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
i myself like:

45 Longbow
34 Stealth
42 Shield
29 Slash

As an Archer class, you WILL get forced into melee at times, having Amethyst Slash and Slam will come in handy, aswell as having a heavy bow Spec with Rapid Fire 2

The stealth is enough for an archer anyways.. as the asassains gonna see you before you see them anyways (not talking about TS, but thats another topic..)

I aint saying this IS the spec to go, or that this is the spec YOU should go, i am simply telling you what my favourite Scout spec is, and my reasons for it ;)

I myself prefer the Highlander and Briton over the Saracent, for the slightly higher hp that will make alot of difference when facing an enemy.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
An assasin will see you before you see him but having a modified 50 Stealth is something you should certainly work towards to prevent getting jumped all the time.

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
my final scout spec is gonn be
45longbow
50shield
35stealth
rest in slash

:)

meleewill suck . but ive seen a post somewhere (cant remember where) where somebody tested 50shield vs lower lvl meleespecs. and 50shield was better... apparantly unstyled (cos no end) brutalise has a higher average dmge output than some melee specs.

i obviously havent tried the spec myself yet cos scout aint 50 . but im gonna give it a try when i get there . and if i dont like ill prolly change my spec :)

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
oooooooop's and with shield spec . its dex base.. so assasin psns wont affect yur dmge cos no dex debuff psns :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
But Shield weapon skill is taken from your sword weapon skill, so though damage isn't reduced, you're going to have even more trouble landing that Slam........... :twak:

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
im going this way:
50 LoongBow
42 Shield
34 Stealth
Rest in Slash

Dont complain aboute it, as there is Respec stones if im not happy with this :) just hafto spend a couple of houers on a sidi raid, and im 80% sure to get one :)

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg QuickStix said:
my final scout spec is gonn be
45longbow
50shield
35stealth
rest in slash

rofl, 50 shield? with 45longbow? :eek7:

That will give you a melee spec with 15pts, IF you are fully autotrained... GOOD LUCK in emain :D

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.critshot.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4877

some interesting info on thgat website...

apparantly shield does have a weapon skill all on its own. but you only ever see the MAINHAND weaponskill .

read through that thread and then tell me the spec is not even worth a try (considering respec stones so easy to come by) as i said i personally havent tested it YET. but i will try it and see how it goes... if it does suck ill try a 42shield spec. if that sucks ill try a 50thrust or slash spec till i find one i like :)

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Loxleyhood said:
But Shield weapon skill is taken from your sword weapon skill, so though damage isn't reduced, you're going to have even more trouble landing that Slam........... :twak:

Brutalize 4tehwin, with 50 sheild and high dex you would have a nice block rate so the chances are you will have many opertunities to use Brutalize. Also with a small shield the end cost using brut would be negliable so you could spam Brutalize backed-up by Amy, when u pull it off 2 - 3 more Bruts immediatly after = assasin f00ked up. Not forgeting that Crush wtfpwns NS's.

A

Aoln

I'm 45longbow
42shield
33stealth
30thrust

Used to be slash but respecced a longtime ago, damage virtually doubled and never looked back, being a saracen and slash felt a bit gimped. All has +17 so stealth is capped, and anymore than 45 longbow is just a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom