Scout spec in 1.62

A

arcofirme

I ll w8 till final 1.62 patch notes but prolly i ll pick that spec

soz forget : u r ugly like a fem inconnu

G

Glottis_Xanadu

The changes made speccing a scout certainly much harder.
As the changes will also bring a nerf to See Hidden, I would like to keep stealth up as high as possible.
While 27 stealth might be enough (lets say it is around 42 with items and rr's) the stealth lvl of the assasins will be compared to your own stealth lvl, so I will keep my 36 stealth spec.
I will lower my slash skill from 35 to 29 in thrust though, have had no fun with the low weaponskill against SB's, despite having a buffbot (being saracen race, should have made a briton).

Also not sure if I will go for 50 bow, waiting to see what gets implemented. High price to pay really, despite doing full damage through pbt.
Waiting a bit, just will be joining dragon raids a lot :)
As these are improvements, no respec will be given I guess...
Regards, Glottis

S

skile

Eventhough I'm a scout without stealth, and thats the way I'm gonna keep it, I find it hard to spec 50 bow. But I think it's must, since im specced for groups the 50 bow will be my main-damagedealer. But, also getting 42 shield for slam forces me to spec lower thrust than wyvernfang (44).

Either it's 50 bow, 50 thrust & 30 shield OR 42 shield, 40 thrust & 50 bow. I can also spec 50 bow, 42 shield and 40 slash. But, I don't like speccing slash as I'm saracen. The weaponskill will be VERY high with thrust when the 1.61 changes hits.

Ofcourse I could stay with my current spec. 46 bow, 44 thrust, 42 shield, the ultimate hybridspec (in this patch o_O).

L

loxleyhood

I think I'll stick with my spec of:

46 Longbow
42 Shield
33 stealth
29 slash

because I don't like the idea of minstrel stealth :p

Z

zlair

Just wondering...

... any other infil who wont refresh their account once See Hidden gets nerfed ?

I wont :( I went through hell lvling an archer killer (cuz they always popped my non-pbt theurg), and now i cant...

... a shame, the game became fun again, once i dinged 50 on my infil, now its gonna be boring once more :(

I see the archer point of view, that u cannot be the l33t RP farmers u once were (pre 1.48)... I wish u all happy hunting, Im out once account expires :(

(could have made my own thread, but I dont rly care - Im not that famous ;) )

PS. Above post is only if the See Hidden nerf gets in effect tho ;)

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by skile
Eventhough I'm a scout without stealth, and thats the way I'm gonna keep it, I find it hard to spec 50 bow. But I think it's must, since im specced for groups the 50 bow will be my main-damagedealer. But, also getting 42 shield for slam forces me to spec lower thrust than wyvernfang (44).

Either it's 50 bow, 50 thrust & 30 shield OR 42 shield, 40 thrust & 50 bow. I can also spec 50 bow, 42 shield and 40 slash. But, I don't like speccing slash as I'm saracen. The weaponskill will be VERY high with thrust when the 1.61 changes hits.

Ofcourse I could stay with my current spec. 46 bow, 44 thrust, 42 shield, the ultimate hybridspec (in this patch o_O).

give skill x 2.5 !!! :)

would be awesome !!! ;)

then I could have:

31 Stealth
50LB
42 Shield
45 Thrust/Slash

WICKED SCOUT ! :wink2:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by zlair
Just wondering...

... any other infil who wont refresh their account once See Hidden gets nerfed ?

I cannot seriously believe you spend your life hunting the 4 rangers that still play this game. You know how many archers have stopped cause See Hidden was introduced? You know how much fun this game is for archers at the moment?

Find it so lame to find other people leaving the game cause archers might possible get unnerfed. The Theurg/Warden Tl's have also already complained, saying they will become useless just cause someone can "pop" through the bubbles. The only bubbles the archers will be able to pop through will be those on tanks or druids, clerics, minstrels, skalds, etc. All classes that do not have a self cast bt, or can themselves cast pbt.

See hidden utterly ruined the game for this whole group, and yet you go complain as soon as it gets slightly reduced in power? You think using SH involves any skill?
Archers never asked for the pierce bt abilities, they asked for SH to be removed, and their miss/fumble rates to be improved. But Mythic never seems to listen that well.
If Mythic could have admitted SH was a lame ass idea, and just removed it... archers got nerfed in loads of other ways, and would have never been the uber class they once were (shoot, run, stealth, repeat, bit like assasins now... ).
Regards, Glottis

D

doneagle

1. Scout TL did ask for "popping of BT" ( http://rothwellhome.org/scoutreport/primaryconcerns.html )

2. I think the scout changes LOOK great, but won't be so great in game ( Rapid fire? ) The only concern i have is with volley, pops thru all bt's, I think this is too overpowered and i fear a scoutnerf again after this is in the game. ( I play a scout myself and last thing I want is another nerf )

3. my 50 spec @ 1.62
50 lb
42 shield
36 stealth
16 thrust ( 15 = beartooth )

S

Silenzio

50 lb
33 stealth
42 shield
21 thrust

as allways has been =)

im n archer...

rapid fire kinda suk but think could be usefull if u have to flee but still want to strike a last shot...

voley n long shot will not result overpowerd since r expensive ra,

have a timer, n does normal damage
=)

mmmmaybe should just drop sheild since slam eat alot ov end n get parried blokked evade or mis alot.... wyle beartoth work nice mmm...

we will see

D

doneagle

15 sec timer on volley ( anyone yelling nerf? )

Z

zlair

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I cannot seriously believe you spend your life hunting the 4 rangers that still play this game. You know how many archers have stopped cause See Hidden was introduced? You know how much fun this game is for archers at the moment?

Erm, i dont rly think archers left cuz of see hidden... most left cuz they were not the uber solo rp farmer they once were !

Find it so lame to find other people leaving the game cause archers might possible get unnerfed. The Theurg/Warden Tl's have also already complained, saying they will become useless just cause someone can "pop" through the bubbles. The only bubbles the archers will be able to pop through will be those on tanks or druids, clerics, minstrels, skalds, etc. All classes that do not have a self cast bt, or can themselves cast pbt.

soo... archers can now kill outta clip range (longshot + volley).... when see hidden nerfed, there'll be no chance in hell to find them...

See hidden utterly ruined the game for this whole group, and yet you go complain as soon as it gets slightly reduced in power? You think using SH involves any skill?
Archers never asked for the pierce bt abilities, they asked for SH to be removed, and their miss/fumble rates to be improved. But Mythic never seems to listen that well.
If Mythic could have admitted SH was a lame ass idea, and just removed it... archers got nerfed in loads of other ways, and would have never been the uber class they once were (shoot, run, stealth, repeat, bit like assasins now... ).
Regards, Glottis

sligthly reduced ? it shouldnt be reduced at all !

seems like if u whine long enuf u get what u want... that way mythic keeps players paying, cuz they just nerf back and forth... back and forth... etc etc etc...

well, other games out there

i hear ppl pay 200£ for an account these day... <rubs his hands>

edit:

Regards, Zlair

G

greenfingers

Im gonna go :
33 Stealth
50 LongBow
42 Shield
21 Thrust

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Erm, i dont rly think archers left cuz of see hidden... most left cuz they were not the uber solo rp farmer they once were !

Ok, explain why archers were no longer the uber killing class they were before? Cause they don't live longer than 5 minutes... release, transport, die, release, transport, die....
Use camo, get to a spot, get really lucky and kill someone, and die cause some elite assasin uses SH to spot you from clipping range.
Get some skills, and use detect hidden to find the archers...

Oaklief has stated that this is not the implementation of bt they asked for. And the arrow does not pierce the pbt, it goes through the pbt like a magic attack, this means that the player still has pbt on him during melee.
Oaklief had asked for a % chance to get through the pbt. I feel all weapons should have a % chance to pierce the pbt. It is lame a polearm user will only get an absorbed message while fighting some hib group, or nowadays even some mid groups.

And leaving the game cause you lose SH is just bullshit in my opinion. I mean, assasins could one stab people and stay stealthed... lol....
Playing a scout has been a bit tougher for a bit longer, and then all people go nuts as soon as archers get slightly unnerfed...
Regards, Glottis

A

Arnor

Just wondering...

I wont :( I went through hell lvling an archer killer (cuz they always popped my non-pbt theurg), and now i cant...

... a shame, the game became fun again, once i dinged 50 on my infil, now its gonna be boring once more :(

I see the archer point of view, that u cannot be the l33t RP farmers u once were (pre 1.48)... I wish u all happy hunting, Im out once account expires :(

<runs off and gets a nano-violin>

Z

zlair

Ok, explain why archers were no longer the uber killing class they were before? Cause they don't live longer than 5 minutes... release, transport, die, release, transport, die....
Use camo, get to a spot, get really lucky and kill someone, and die cause some elite assasin uses SH to spot you from clipping range.
Get some skills, and use detect hidden to find the archers...

Oaklief has stated that this is not the implementation of bt they asked for. And the arrow does not pierce the pbt, it goes through the pbt like a magic attack, this means that the player still has pbt on him during melee.
Oaklief had asked for a % chance to get through the pbt. I feel all weapons should have a % chance to pierce the pbt. It is lame a polearm user will only get an absorbed message while fighting some hib group, or nowadays even some mid groups.

And leaving the game cause you lose SH is just bullshit in my opinion. I mean, assasins could one stab people and stay stealthed... lol....
Playing a scout has been a bit tougher for a bit longer, and then all people go nuts as soon as archers get slightly unnerfed...
Regards, Glottis

If u dont live longer than 5 mins as a scout, u simply suck balls... im sry but needed to be said !

(no comments on bt piercing - dont play theurg anymore, so i dont rly care)

The times assasins could 1-shot kill and stay stealthed is gone - and thx good for that - tbh that wasn't fair (but i wasnt an infil at the time ;) )... as i remember scouts could do the same a long time ago, so... hmmm.....

its ok to lower the scouts fumble rate, etc etc... just dont gimp one class to make another better... look at the class that needs help instead. bt piercing and lower fumble rate = happy archers and no unhappy other ppl (except non-pbt casters ;) )... nerfing SH = happy archers AND unhappy assasins !

Regar.... nm !

O

old.LandShark

Scouts never stayed stealth on releasing their shot, even if it was a 1000dmg crit on a sitting greycon caster with no armour ;p
Archers stopped being the uber snipers for one simple reason: assassins no longer needed a clue to find them. It wasn't feasible for the archer to hide anywhere because it's just too easy with SH.

Just wondering...

= bye and good riddance. :rolleyes:

T

tahngarth

bye Zlair :great: and if u need SH to find a archer u s00k :puke:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

If u dont live longer than 5 mins as a scout, u simply suck balls... im sry but needed to be said !

Hmm, tell me why I suck if camo is down, I move stealthed to the amg (solo, as a scout is not very group friendly) and get jumped by 3 SB's. Can you rerun what I did wrong?
Am I supposed to play like this...
You shoot person xxx for 225 damage
Person xxx runs out of range
I burn 5 end potions running back to apk, I sit down for 10 minutes, and I move back to amg?
Just curious how you see scouts being played Zlair...
Scouts were uber, agreed, but they have not been uber for about 12 patches now.... Assasins have been uber all the time, still are a kick ass class to play, even with the see hidden "nerf" coming...
Damn, an inf can easily make 50k rp a day solo. As a scout the only time I ever made that much rp was fighting 12 hours using the CS at Nottmeer.
And why bitch about SH if there are no details yet on it...
Regards, Glottis

S

skile

The times assasins could 1-shot kill and stay stealthed is gone - and thx good for that - tbh that wasn't fair (but i wasnt an infil at the time ;) )... as i remember scouts could do the same a long time ago, so... hmmm.....

its ok to lower the scouts fumble rate, etc etc... just dont gimp one class to make another better... look at the class that needs help instead. bt piercing and lower fumble rate = happy archers and no unhappy other ppl (except non-pbt casters ;) )... nerfing SH = happy archers AND unhappy assasins !

Regar.... nm !

P L A Y A S C O U T !

T

Tranquil-

But YOU are fucking elite when using your fotm char and See Hidden to find us?

Teeheeeeeeheeeeeee...hee

<duos on Arnor's NANO-FUCKING-VIOLIN>

edit: Zlair, go play your scout a bit more instead of using it as a fletchingbot.

L

loxleyhood

Everyone keeps yelling at Zlair to play a Scout...............

In the two months where I was away from DAoC Zlair played Lox.

He was always buffed though ;)

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Everyone keeps yelling at Zlair to play a Scout...............

In the two months where I was away from DAoC Zlair played Lox.

He was always buffed though ;)

I guess that's why he rolled an inf with See Hidden?

M

Meduza

I never left atk be4 camo was up....

... i never stayed at 1 spot after a kill, always behind a tree etc...

... i NEVER stayed at ANY milegate when camo wasnt up !!! ...

... i NEVER moved TROUGH a milegate when camo wasnt up...

... and yes, i DID HAVE FUN playing Lox, so YES i can say how its like to play a 50 scout (even tho i was buffed, but that kinda gets even out by other buffed players ;) )

I never stated once, that See Hidden should be nerfed, when i played lox, i just played smarter

(dont whine about: u were buffed so doesnt count jada jada jada, most high rr archers r buffed too)

Hell, Lox's suit was so crappy i still wonder how i could have fun with him, not one stat/skill/resist was capped - is now tho, so i've been told ;)

Edit: this is Zlair btw ;)

Edit2: Lox didnt even IP at the time... (bugged FA tho ;) )

J

Jergiot

Regar.... nm !

oh my, u got detect hidden, and will prolly still see lots of archers from clipping range because of weak stealth with see hidden, and u cry? ( see hidden will be different depending on what stealth archers has )

i think ALL assassins should hope for the removal of see hidden. this way, when u run up to an archer and gank him beyond, both u AND him will feel alot better. because u killed him cause u played right, not cause u had the skill to go and pick a passiv RA for 8 points.

but then again, what would u know about archers, u always had it easy with ur infil. infils with see hidden=just as big assholes as sbs/ns with see hidden.

M

Meduza

Originally posted by Jergiot
oh my, u got detect hidden, and will prolly still see lots of archers from clipping range because of weak stealth with see hidden, and u cry? ( see hidden will be different depending on what stealth archers has )

i think ALL assassins should hope for the removal of see hidden. this way, when u run up to an archer and gank him beyond, both u AND him will feel alot better. because u killed him cause u played right, not cause u had the skill to go and pick a passiv RA for 8 points.

but then again, what would u know about archers, u always had it easy with ur infil. infils with see hidden=just as big assholes as sbs/ns with see hidden.

read above post and grow a brain ! why call me an arsehole, cuz i dont want SH to get nerfed ?

<sigh>

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Meduza

Hell, Lox's suit was so crappy i still wonder how i could have fun with him, not one stat/skill/resist was capped - is now tho, so i've been told ;)

Edit: this is Zlair btw ;)

Edit2: Lox didnt even IP at the time... (bugged FA tho ;) )

Oi, lol, I don't make the epic armour. :)

And I still don't have IP. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom