Scout, some questions...

D

dimerian

Originally posted by Jergiot
slash scouts, lol xD

I remember months ago when all cried that omg slash scout,then came time when shitloads moved from thrust to slash..and now again all going thrust,fun isn`t it..and ye,might maybe go thrust sara if I could reroll :|

R

Rollie_David

it really does depend on your playstyle, if your pure sniping then lo wep skill, slam high bow etc i guess, but i personally dont like low wep skill, assasins are hard enough to hit as it is without doing 30 damage when u do hit.

My spec does require you to have IP though since i have 50 thrust, 45 bow, just cause we can spec shield i dont see why we should, today i killed a NS in pure melee, i sure as hell wouldnt do that with 42 shield, would probably waste a full mana bar trying to slam and die in the process.

N

Nalle Puh

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

From what range does an assassin spot me when I have 26(+11) stealth? Currently it's from far with See Hidden, but that's getting 'fixed'/'nerfed' so I reckon they have a harder time spotting me then.. But on what range is it ?

Anyone having some pointers?

Well let´s say they don´t need See Hidden with 26 + 11 stealth so yes if u standing on road between amg - mmg i´ll spot u as soon as u come in range ;)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by dimerian
I remember months ago when all cried that omg slash scout,then came time when shitloads moved from thrust to slash..and now again all going thrust,fun isn`t it..and ye,might maybe go thrust sara if I could reroll :|

You can respec a single line after patch :)
I know I will move from slash (saracen) to thrust with an mp setup. I found I can never out melee some sb or ns anyway (even if they don't get PA in) and slam lands too little. I will keep slam, but just put more of my hopes onto bow.

Have not yet decided if I will keep volley, not using it enough to justify the rp cost so far, but I hope that will change.
Regards, Glottis

P

Puppetmistress

Re: Re: Scout, some questions...

Originally posted by Nalle Puh
Well let´s say they don´t need See Hidden with 26 + 11 stealth so yes if u standing on road between amg - mmg i´ll spot u as soon as u come in range ;)

ok thanks, that's clear answer :)

Guess I will have to go with higher stealth then :)

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by Galiryn
imo

50 shield
45 bow
35 stealth
7 thrust

:>

this could be the new uberspec imo:), as you can spam brutaliza for 14 times before out of end, and do more damage as it fails and stil hit the assasin with ur thruster/slasher

but 33 stealth is enough imo, 33+11+rr6=50 stealth

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by dimerian

i got saracen slash but gona respec to thrust:p

C

Cashandcarry

I am probably the most indecisve scout there is when it comes to speccing !!

Spent most of my time as :-

46 bow
42 shield
25 thrust
36 stealth

was ok.

Respecced to :-

45 bow
42 shield
39 thrust
22 stealth

tbh dont notice that i get jumped any more than before - but I do have to be a lot more careful when it comes to fgs etc - I cant get away with them running through me like i could before.

Considering either :-

45 bow
50 shield
25 thrust
25 stealth

or

50 bow
50 shield
18 thrust
25 stealth

Decided to go for the last one because :-

1) 50 bow - believe it or not I plain-old miss quite a few times with 45 bow and basically want to max my weaponskill and PA %. After all this is what I use most - so why not make it as good as possible!!

2) 50 shield - my melee defence and offence rolled into one. 100% dependent on dex therefore weaponskill not affected by debuff. Less endurance used trying to get stun in, more d.o.t. due to crush damage and failed brutalises still occassionally hitting with back up. Blocking rate up to its max (got MoB 2).

3) 18 thrust - whilst i was 39 thrust i noticed my styled damage (side or back) was pretty good but tbh in the encounters I usually have (ie sbs) I dont get to use them. 18 gives me the styles I need. ok weaponskill will suck but whether im 39/18 thrust unless im only trying to pick off the last 10%/20% of someones hits then im probably in deep trouble anyway.

4) 25 stealth - better than i have now and enough imo.

But will i respec, that is the big question ...

A

Arthwyr

You should have a look at stealth from an assassins perspective if you get the chance. In RvR stealth under 45 (total) will make you stand out at range for a lvl 50 assassin without see hidden it improves greatly every point over that. Think about how you want to play, sneaking around with an infil/minstrel or supporting a group and spec accordingly.

F

-fwapp-

well my current spec is 50 bow 42 shield 18 slash 35 stealth, basicly out-and-out bow, but the low slash is shatty only 800 ws :|

Users who are viewing this thread