Scout Guide

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hey all

I'm pretty sure I never posted this on FH, its a scout guide I made back before I was RR6, I should really update it, add in some catacombs leveling options and an equipment guide, but i've never managed to get round to it yet.

Its been in my sig but some may have missed it, so I hope this helps:

My scout guide

Also, for any budding scouts(or hunters/rangers) out there that don't already know, here's the place to go for more help:

Critshot.com

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You should not learn to scouts how to assist :twak:

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Jeros said:
Albion Midgard [Again]

Jeros the up and coming kobold Hunter

That's a rare combination of realm and server :eek7:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Scout guide:

1: specc 50 leech(bow)
2: Find a tower,keep,bridge
3: Leech on everyone passing by
4: Get WH so that u can run just incase someone gets close

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
xxManiacxx said:
Scout guide:

Been away for a while your still not bitter towards scouts are you grim :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
xxManiacxx said:
Scout guide:

Forgot to get PS just in case Mani!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I hate the prejudice against scouts lately.

Assassins are getting enough of a boost to make any scout melee pretty much reduntant. Mythic are pretty much saying "go camp a tower or roll an assassin" to us with these patches, and being a melee scout - practically alergic to towers - means that what was originally hardmode will soon be mission impossible every time I port out.

All this is well and good though, I knew what I was doing when i respecced away from 45 bow. I know and accept that most fights I go into will be such that a single mistake will probably cost me the entire fight. I dont mind that even if I do everything right, make a flawless performance with not a single mistake, I can still lose easily if they happen to get lucky on thier evades.

I accept all of this freely, but I just have trouble that even after all this, people still tar all of us scouts with the same brush, as leechers and adders and zergers.

Nowadays this is just not the case, people who continue to play scouts solo in this sort of environment are worthy of respect, not scorn. There are plently of rangers and hunters who are only ever seen on top of a tower as part of an assist train.

So why should a scout, who is meant to be the more superior archery class in the game, not use his primary tool as its meant to be used?

Basically, why make these sorts of comments(joking or not) in a thread I made to help new scouts?

The idea of my guide is to help them play better and be more confident, and provide them with another point of view for the class, so that maybe, just maybe, they wont think that they're meant to sit in a tower all day and leech.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
i agree to you Dukat fully. An melee scout is very hard to play i agree.
This i know since i autotrained and meleed myself about 20 levels ungrouped.

And the fact there's only an 100(i think) unit range difference between scout and ranger is laughable. the argue that scouts are adders/leechers is totaly wrong. The reason for this is that many often generalize their experiences.

I'm against generalsations mainly because they are often based on own experiences.

The main classes i think is in LoF know is Scout, Wl, Bainshee, Sorc, BD, Sm
Why doesn't rangers/hunters get as flamed as much as scouts is my question.

I love the scout myself because of it's tools, i've studdied the kalloth scout movies aswell and i love them.

So i pledge of you instead of just whine/flame come with constructive criticsim.

this was just my thoughs you tell if they are good or bad.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
cant get onto the guide.... says pages restricted... :S

Edit: Got in now... hasd to lower some permissions in IE... strange! Oo

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
Will you include all of the good archer drops as well, or just the artis/CW's under equipment section? PM if you need help

Dukat

Resident Freddy
as and when I get round to finishing it (I really dont know when that will be atm) I'll include the archer artifacts, scout champion weapons, the other arti's archers can get but are not specifically 'for' them, like GoV etc, and I'll add in the better drops like vest of reveries, immolated bow, shaitan wind bracer,

basically as many items as possible that a scout can use to do thier job better.

I've got a fair few of them modelled by an old friend of mine, so the screenies and stats arent a problem on most of them, basically its just a case of finding time to do it, hopefully I'll get this updated in the next month, but it all depends on college etc.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Just a quick update

I've just added in what i've done so far for the equipment guide, so far its only got fools bow, but I'll do a bit more today and see how far I get.

I'll be going through and updating the guide as a whole today as well and improving it a little bit, I've added in sections on the longer pages with links between them to make browsing easier, I'll have a look at the hunting guide today as well to see if I can improve it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Dukat said:
Basically, why make these sorts of comments(joking or not) in a thread I made to help new scouts?

Flame baiting Juvenile idiots that can't construct a decent argument so resort to stereotyping. Ignore them, same people writing the same shite they always do. You have to remember that by selecting the gold cup you're instantly reduced to some sort of lesser human. They, on the other hand are superior in everyway becuase they chose a different realm and think they're cool. Just ignore them.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Haha woah, was it really only two years ago?

Seems like a lifetime ago I made that! :)

gohan

FH is my second home
zomg a bacon scout

i was a melee scout too /flex you not the only retard, thiers a few of us... loved my scout soloed to like rr7 then traded it cos i got annoyed :< worst thing i ever did

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Haha woah, was it really only two years ago?

Seems like a lifetime ago I made that! :)

Kalloth :worthy:

I never got why you played your Scout the way you did until I played a Melee Scout. I modelled mine on yours, although I wasn't as good so I put a bit more Shield in my spec (well I put a lot more in actually lol) to make me difficult to hit while I bashed hopefully on the buttons :)

We were totally gimped against a lot of classes but it was fun and rewarding to occasionally beat them, like 1 in 50 goes with some people :D

Ah, I miss that class. WAR just isn't the same :(

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kalloth :worthy:

I never got why you played your Scout the way you did until I played a Melee Scout. I modelled mine on yours, although I wasn't as good so I put a bit more Shield in my spec (well I put a lot more in actually lol) to make me difficult to hit while I bashed hopefully on the buttons :)

We were totally gimped against a lot of classes but it was fun and rewarding to occasionally beat them, like 1 in 50 goes with some people :D

Ah, I miss that class. WAR just isn't the same :(

I dont know - I think you did really well with your scout! :worthy: I seem to remember your video having some real good fights in it too :)

I found high shield never seemed to do anything for me, I tried 50 shield at one point but didn't really notice much of an improvement, even when compared with 28 shield - as soon as you fought against a DW'er, it just seemed like everything got past - my favorite spec was the one in my second video - I think 45bow 39thrust 35shield or something...

I guess it depended almost as much on personal preference than anything else though - if I felt confident with a spec, even a gimped one, I'd be trying things I'd probably not be doing if I had a spec I wasn't sure of, and then it just comes down to the numbers game and hoping the chances came off :) so strange remembering these specs though hehe :)

I loved how the class and spec had a bit of a camaraderie about it - you'd go up to other melee scouts out in RvR and just start chatting :) We few! we happy few! we band of brothers! and all that :D

I was just thinking how much I missed the old days again recently - I dont get much PC time at the moment either so its made the nostalgia even worse - thinking about the fun stuff that went on - teaming up with Shrewsbury(a hunter) against a chanter, running about old frontiers as a grey wearing only a fezz :D fighting censi and casting water buff for some strange reason... (I'm really hoping I was drunk..) only to find that fight ending up in his video :D !!

Good days :)

I've still got most of my old screenshots as well... about 6 cd's worth! :eek:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I miss my scout :( tempted to download the game and run around with the free sub.

wish i had screenshots and stuff still :mad: dont have any left, although i guess i have a few videos still lurking on the net still, even of when i dinged rr10 <3

42 shield, 39 melee, rest stealth and bow was the way to go :D well at high RR anyway

i agree on the camaraderie, knew half the scouts around (the non-generic leecher ones) hello gohan and vlad :D and felt a bit of pride being able to hold my own in fights against sb/ns and not just stealth zerg or run.:)

gohan

FH is my second home
I miss my scout :( tempted to download the game and run around with the free sub.

wish i had screenshots and stuff still :mad: dont have any left, although i guess i have a few videos still lurking on the net still, even of when i dinged rr10 <3

42 shield, 39 melee, rest stealth and bow was the way to go :D well at high RR anyway

i agree on the camaraderie, knew half the scouts around (the non-generic leecher ones) hello gohan and vlad :D and felt a bit of pride being able to hold my own in fights against sb/ns and not just stealth zerg or run.:)

just started playing my scout on lance again respeced melee and have a rediculas template.... beat a rr8 skald in a duel a rr9 SB rr6 melee ranger lol im only rr5 /flex

will never be the same as it was tho.... dont really go NF now as its all FG's and bridge camping, basicly impossible to get a solo fight :<

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
This thread reminds me of playing scout in thid, with the old archer system. *sigh*

gohan

FH is my second home
Slam > pd pd pd > win !

i am assumeing u mena PB as in pointblank

used to be slam step back crit shot normal normal attempt to melee /flex

tho i never really got into sniper spec, but the old archery system was much better now u need to go 46+ or none atall (my scou has 15 bow auto/spare points and pointblank does about 22 damage) back in the day with like 39 melee 35 bow could still shoot for 200-300 then melee a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom