News School discipline

georgie

FH is my second home
Girl talks in class, gets told to be quiet, she continues talking, teacher puts tape over her mouth, Dad is livid, wants teacher suspended.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/09/teacher-tapes-chatterbox-girls-mouth-in-classroom-4755911/

Is anyone here, knowing what awkward cunts we have, able to side with the father on this one?

Personally, assuming it wasn't like:

timthumb.jpg

I have no problem and perhaps the Dad ought to be looking at his daughter if he wants to lay blame. Stupid twat. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To be fair, he should have just removed her from the classroom. That's what they did in my day.

Chilly

Balls of steel
If that was my kid, I'd have said something like "well you should have kept quiet, then!"

soze

I am a FH squatter
Parents will get there way. It does not matter what a little shit you raise your child to be. I would like to know if there talking in class is a constant problem and if the parents have been told and tried to do something about it. I know a few teachers and one has said problem kids at there school can spoil a lesson and refuse to leave the room. They call the head and suspend the kid but if they just sit there no one can touch them.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Are you fucking mad? There was no middle ground between telling off the child and assault (which is what taping up a kid's mouth is)? There's an escalation process (send the kid to the head of year, then the principle) for a reason. The teacher shouldn't just be suspended, he should be fired, because he's a fucking moron.

soze

I am a FH squatter
That one extreme to the other. He could have joked with her that he would tape her mouth shut and then just gave her the tape and had her do it herself. Which is a million miles away from assault and the some kids would find it funny. All of my favorite teachers were not just by the books tossers who sent you out as soon as you were bad.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
speaking as someone who remembers people getting caned at school, .. whats she fucking crying about ?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Banter between teacher and pupil, Kid goes home talks about it in a laughing matter, dads like OMG, WE CAN SUE THEM.

This kinda shit ruins the teacher-pupil relations, because in all fairness, what he did probably got her to be quiet, and got some laughs in the class, she's an attention seeker, so she probably loved it too, get on with the work.

Future of teaching will be arms reach at all times, and if you have a question you have to fill out the proper form please to make sure the teacher doesn't get sacked.

DaGaffer

That one extreme to the other. He could have joked with her that he would tape her mouth shut and then just gave her the tape and had her do it herself. Which is a million miles away from assault and the some kids would find it funny. All of my favorite teachers were not just by the books tossers who sent you out as soon as you were bad.

You're inferring something from zero information. If your little scenario was the case, why hasn't that been brought up?

Banter between teacher and pupil, Kid goes home talks about it in a laughing matter, dads like OMG, WE CAN SUE THEM.

This kinda shit ruins the teacher-pupil relations, because in all fairness, what he did probably got her to be quiet, and got some laughs in the class, she's an attention seeker, so she probably loved it too, get on with the work.

Future of teaching will be arms reach at all times, and if you have a question you have to fill out the proper form please to make sure the teacher doesn't get sacked.

Once again, you're inferring something from nothing. It clearly bothered the girl or she wouldn't have brought it up at home.

Its really fucking simple, you follow the process and you don't stick things on their faces, and ideally don't humiliate them in front of the other kids.

speaking as someone who remembers people getting caned at school, .. whats she fucking crying about ?

Speaking as someone a good deal older than you who went a fairly brutal all-boys boarding school, I'm rather glad my kids don't have to live in that world.

Gwadien

Can't win situation really.

The teachers at the school I went to (Rough school) who used unorthodox teaching methods such as the article got the best results, because the kids respected the teacher and engaged in lessons, and had a laugh. (OH NO YOU CANT DO THAT)

I know, let's sack all those teachers that make lessons engaging and fun, then the results will go down, but then, you know, Parents would moan that the school is failing their kids.

The old school hard-nosed cane using teacher has gone, it needs to be replaced with a class that's down to having fun - having teachers that stand there regurgitating information without making it the slightest bit interesting is rubbish.

Last edited:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Speaking as someone a good deal older than you who went a fairly brutal all-boys boarding school, I'm rather glad my kids don't have to live in that world.

speaking as someone who went through the english public school system in all its gory entirety , so am i, but the point stands, people have no respect or discipline any more:(

soze

I am a FH squatter
DaGaffer said:
You're inferring something from zero information. If your little scenario was the case, why hasn't that been brought up?
So are you.

And the reason it has not come out is because the only side of the story we have is from the Father who wants him sacked and probably wants some money. That is why it is not framed as a harmless prank. But also it's is not being framed as teacher tapes students mouth shut by force so your assumption hold as little water as mine.

DaGaffer

So are you.

And the reason it has not come out is because the only side of the story we have is from the Father who wants him sacked and probably wants some money. That is why it is not framed as a harmless prank. But also it's is not being framed as teacher tapes students mouth shut by force so your assumption hold as little water as mine.

No, I'm going from the information as presented, which hasn't been denied by the school. You're just making stuff up.

Gwadien

No, I'm going from the information as presented, which hasn't been denied by the school. You're just making stuff up.

You're almost saying that there's a chance a school would side with the teachers, don't be silly.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Male teacher taping the mouth of a female student shut against her will and the Governors call it misguided and do no more? Yeah that seems likely.

DaGaffer

You're almost saying that there's a chance a school would side with the teachers, don't be silly.

Maybe not, but their union would. If the teacher had any defence, his Union rep would be all over it like a rash. Not a peep, which tells you all you need to know.

Gwadien

Maybe not, but their union would. If the teacher had any defence, his Union rep would be all over it like a rash. Not a peep, which tells you all you need to know.
He kept his job, didn't even get suspended, why would they need to defend him which would potentially escalate the situation?

ileks

Part of the furniture
FFS, it was obviously a joke. Either the kid was told to put the tape on herself, the teacher did it gently or another kid did it. If it was done aggressively, the teacher would be long gone and it would have been described in the article. That's not inventing situations - it's common sense. I had a teacher that lobbed pens at you when you were talking. No one cared.

DaGaffer

He kept his job, didn't even get suspended, why would they need to defend him which would potentially escalate the situation?

Because only four days before this came out it was revealed the school was classed as "failing" by OFSTED, which is as good a reason as any to sweep things under the carpet.

Gwadien

Because only four days before this came out it was revealed the school was classed as "failing" by OFSTED, which is as good a reason as any to sweep things under the carpet.

'Ofsted said the schools shit, we should make a point of our plight, what happened to you 3 years ago? Mr Smith put Celotape on your lips? OMG, time to make some dollar, hang on love, I'll grab my Shirt, stick a Primark tie on, and put a pen in the pocket so I look professional.'

Then again, it's not his fault, it's the teacher witch hunt that we've got going on, they have life way too easy anyway, so we should try and make their life a bit harder.

soze

I am a FH squatter
More likely is Dad was joking with his mates about this and one of them said "you should put a claim in" then it all because very serious.

Our RE teacher was like a ninja and if you were talking shit you would get hit with a bit of chalk and then you had to bring it back to him. If you talked again he would bang two erasers together over your head and tell you to sort your uniform out before you got detention. His classes were a great laugh.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Speaking as someone potentially as old as Da Gaffer and I boarded at an all girls convent school I have to disagree with him to a point... I don't think schools are ridged enough anymore. However that doesn't mean one should tape up the mouths of students. In my day if I misbehaved my parents were called and informed I wouldn't be allowed home for the one of the two weekends per term that I could go home. This weekend was spent without privileges (TV & tuck shop) and I'd I have to go to church on Saturday & Sunday, plus confession. You just didn't do it again..... Simple

DaGaffer

stick a Primark tie on, and put a pen in the pocket so I look professional.'

Wow, snob much? He's a car salesman from the looks of things, see the VW dealership logo on the bottom of his tie.

DaGaffer

Speaking as someone potentially as old as Da Gaffer and I boarded at an all girls convent school I have to disagree with him to a point... I don't think schools are ridged enough anymore. However that doesn't mean one should tape up the mouths of students. In my day if I misbehaved my parents were called and informed I wouldn't be allowed home for the one of the two weekends per term that I could go home. This weekend was spent without privileges (TV & tuck shop) and I'd I have to go to church on Saturday & Sunday, plus confession. You just didn't do it again..... Simple

Where did I say kids shouldn't be punished? I just think there's a process, and you follow it for a reason.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
'‘The teacher should just have sent her out. My daughter told me when I got home and the next morning I went to the school. I was fuming.’'

Yeah good job there. Instead of just bollocking your daughter and having a quiet word with the school, you reinforce her bad behaviour by making a big song and dance about how unfair it all is. What kind of lesson is that to teach a young girl?

I remember when I first got detention. I was more worried about my parents' reaction than I was about sitting in a classroom for 30 minutes.

Gwadien

This seems mega stupidly appropriate;

School_43b3dd_2913073.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Short and sweet, non-issue IMO. Should've just told her to f*ck off home and explain her parents herself(worst thing my teacher did to me :eek: ), or sit her outside the room, but taping her mouth shut isn't exactly assault.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
...but taping her mouth shut isn't exactly assault.
Err, it kinda is. The stuff that teachers used to get away with back in the day just doesn't fly anymore. It's shit but that's just how it is in this day and age. A teacher physically doing something like that to a student is pretty much the definition of assault in this context.

She sounds like a mouthy little so-and-so but there's proper ways of dealing with things and I'd suggest that taping an 11-year-old girl's mouth shut is not one of them. And the dad's attitude is pretty awful as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We used to get boardrubbers thrown at us when the teacher ran out of chalk to throw. He managed to hit some kid once, was hilarious.

The kid in question was in prison by 18...throwing shit and being a cunt doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom