Scary stuff for joor

Olgaline

FH is my second home
now this IS kinda scay if it's true,
not that it would ever be relavent to me personally
since you'd have to be doing something that requires them to get a warrent,
But still eeek, i did not know you could do that, and still sounds well, fishy!
it's in danish so will translate as best i can.

Forleden dag hørte jeg så fra en veninden, som nu langt om længe er kommet ud af et forhold hvor kæresten var dybt kriminel, om en lidt anden og på mange måder mere skræmmende sag.
Den kriminelle kæreste solgte hælervare ud af lejligheden og havde gjort det igennem lang tid. På intet tidspunkt havde hverken hun eller kæresten følt sig overvåget af politiet, lige til det øjeblik hvor hun blev hentet ned på stationen for at svare på en række spørgsmål, angående nogle samtaler der havde fundet sted i deres lejlighed.
Som hun fortalte mig det, afspillede de en masse samtaler for hende som de havde optaget via hendes og kærestens mobiltelefoner uden at de havde været i brug. Det vil sige at politiet med en dommerkendelse kan lytte til samtaler som foregår i nærheden af en tændt mobiltelefon. I min verden er det ret skræmmende at man kan lytte til samtaler uden at mobilen overhovedet bliver brugt.

Basicly it says that a girl lived with a Bf who was preatty involved with criminal activity and had sold stolen goods from thier apartment, the police had then taken her in for questioning and asked her alot of questions about conversations that had taken place between her and her Bf in thier appartment, and the way they collected this info was to to listen in on them and record their conversations though thier mobile phones when they were switched on.

I did not know an outside sorce could listen in on and record a conversation though a mobile phone by it simply being switched on, "not calling or otherwise, but simpy being switched ON! sounds ....ah well...joor will have a field day! :D

link : Verden ifølge mig - Overvågningssamfund?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Ye apparently the FBI have been doing it on top prioritity targets, the only way "apparently" to get around it is to remove the battery from the phone.. Then it'll have no power supply to record/send.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ye apparently the FBI have been doing it on top prioritity targets, the only way "apparently" to get around it is to remove the battery from the phone.. Then it'll have no power supply to record/send.

Then you dont actually have a phone? ;)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
go to pryd.net and look at his ramblings for further proof tbh

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just say "Bombing" "London" "[a random date]" in about 2 min :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
wonder who pays for the information to be send - i'd be pissed if i had to pay :E

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Well its also possible for them to listen to you inside your house using some weird high tech equipment so why not use the phone? Doesnt really matter HOW they do it as the surveilance they do is within the law :>

But pretty cool... Wonder if my old 3210 can do it - might sell it to teh terrorists!!!!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well depending on the level of dificulty to do, it is kinda potentially scary,
but I'm guessing it's "federal security dificult" wich means that not any old fool would be able to do it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
well depending on the level of dificulty to do, it is kinda potentially scary,
but I'm guessing it's "federal security dificult" wich means that not any old fool would be able to do it.

Bet they'll teach that in Burn Notice soon enough :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Bet they'll teach that in Burn Notice soon enough :D

hmm dont think that show runs here in Dk yet,
but Sam Axe isnt that Brisco county ? aka evil dead dude ?

I'd love to see that episode tho

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Any of you could have your communications integrity compromised by electronic serveillance operatives and you wouldn't even be aware of it.

You think you know about every single Windows processes running in the background ?
Is your AV / spyware as good as you think ?
Is that really just static / bad signal on your cell phone ?
Who's car is parked opposite my house in that side street ?
I don't recognise the postman.
Why is that car following me ?
Why is that man looking at me ?
Why is everyone looking at me ?
Gotta stay inside. Lock the doors and windows. Close the curtains.
Must live on tinned food only.
What was that noise ?
They're coming to get me
They're at the front door !

Olgaline

FH is my second home
right! we lost Lamp!

someone slap him striat before it's too late!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
if this is true, then its only going to be used on pretty well known, suspected criminals due to manpower issues/costs etc

id like to say we'r all safe and sound, but how do i know that lamp doesnt traffic uranium through to the middle east?

or that toht isnt actually a mafia crimelord hell bent on becoming the next adolf, his karma attitude could merely be a very clever diversion/face no??!

people are not always what they seem....

<x-files theme tune>

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
golly - kinda like the US did with the innocent german muslim who got obducted by CIA and interrogated with torture for 3 months before they realized it was the wrong guy..?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The phone i am getting has GPS on it, i am fucked! :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Hey, Ravens a bit poor, his GPS is a midget in a backpack with a map.

Oi I'd want one of tho's tbh!
would it come with a standard "funny" accent or would you have to pay extra for that ?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It would only be worth it if the midget was female. Her mouth would be just the right size. You could...

*heads for a cold shower*

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It would only be worth it if the midget was female. Her mouth would be just the right size. You could...

*heads for a cold shower*

noo.. you would'nt you could'nt ....really would you ?

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
irish leprachaen like?

that would be an i-win card for any argument

@huntingtons- dont the US have a well deserved rep for being severely wrong? thats a fairly harsh mistake, but at least we'r past witch burning as a past-time....

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
damn right. If she's good at reading maps, I'm sure she can read my *cough* other map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom