Help Scam bt calls

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My mum is getting the standard scam call.

your account is gonna be turned off cause of illegal activity press 1 etc etc

she just dumps the call.

she claims everytime she gets one of these calls her bt router goes offline for a short period.

anyone know of anything like this being possible ? Maybe a weakness in the bt router firmware?

or you think its just coincidence ?

if i call her land line she says her router is not affected.

tyvm

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
My mum is getting the standard scam call.

your account is gonna be turned off cause of illegal activity press 1 etc etc

she just dumps the call.

she claims everytime she gets one of these calls her bt router goes offline for a short period.

anyone know of anything like this being possible ? Maybe a weakness in the bt router firmware?

or you think its just coincidence ?

if i call her land line she says her router is not affected.

tyvm

Complete coincidence. A call can't affect the router and vice-versa.

I would tell your mother to report the call to BT customer support. They have a dedicated department to monitor and stop these kind of scam calls and are pretty good at it. They can trace the source back given enough reports and in the mean time may be able to place a block on calls from the same number to her phone.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Complete coincidence. A call can't affect the router and vice-versa.

I would tell your mother to report the call to BT customer support. They have a dedicated department to monitor and stop these kind of scam calls and are pretty good at it. They can trace the source back given enough reports and in the mean time may be able to place a block on calls from the same number to her phone.
Yeah as i thought. If her splitter box was dodgey that might cause issues right?

if i face time her and someone calls the land line the facetime call will end. I am guessing that the bt adsl / phone box is knackered. Its like what you had to use the dongles for back in the interweb early days.

ta

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Yeah as i thought. If her splitter box was dodgey that might cause issues right?

A hardware fault could be an issue or interference. Yeah like the ADSL dongles are best placed on every socket with a phone attached not just the one with the router to prevent problems.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
A hardware fault could be an issue or interference. Yeah like the ADSL dongles are best placed on every socket with a phone attached not just the one with the router to prevent problems.
That still a thing?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have them all the time on the home phone, I love them. I always lead them on a bit them tell them I have my cock in my hand.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yep - can you tell us about the accident that wasn't your fault?

Sure, was driving along the morning after a curry, minding my own business and BOOM! Shat my pants. Must have been a dodgy prawn or something.

Givf compensayshun!

Embattle

FH is my second home
My mother's recently seems to be getting car injury calls to her mobile, I've told her just to hang up and then shown her how to block the number.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I love winding them up me, just wasting their time when I'm not busy because the more they're wasting time the less they're doing it to someone else who doesn't know its a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom