Saying Hello again!

Kallisti

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all

Finally found FreddysHouse having missed the closing of Barrysworld etc and not knowing where everyone went!

Even though I'm on the US servers I'm a Brit and its always good to see other views aside from those bloody yanks :) I'm a TL now for the Minstrel Class and also currently covering for the vacant Friar TL post, so I'm even more involved with the game that I was before...

You'll have probably seen my ToA maps and maybe my movies...

Any Minstrels with issues over this side of the pond feel free to PM me, I'm probably not officially supposed to represent you guys but hell you are Minstrels anyway, so we should stick together!

The Friar in me says :drink: hmm that really does look like a Guiness....

Glendower

Fledgling Freddie
Ya, they been jumping your ass over there for comparing bards and mincers, hehehhee.

Oh, ya....you guys need a nerf ;)

Kallisti

Fledgling Freddie
Lol Emma some good SS in that thread :)
I like the one of GG attacking Bled - however that, I believe, was a GM event and nothing to do with Minstrels. I did try charming GG once and got squished immediatly after :D

I'd seen Battler once before. I think the others happened when there was a bug tha went out that allowed the charm to work a little bit too well...

I've been practicing trying to hold a Frost Stallion myself but its hard work! If you see my "Female of the Species" movie, you'll see one instance where I spent much of a fight against Hibbies fighting my own pet! :D

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Sigurd said:
Minstrels are the one class my BM (unbuffed) can never solo :(

are u lvl 9 with no gear? :eek6:

only thing a minstrel can do vs a Det Lightank is run away with SoS :D

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome Kallisti!

Saw and loved your movies and use your maps all the time...

Might need to roll a friar or a mincer now so I can finally "whine" at my TL :p ...

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Meep, we've got a TL on this board now?

Well, thats nice, so welcome! :)

Sigurd

Banned
Chimaira said:
are u lvl 9 with no gear? :eek6:

only thing a minstrel can do vs a Det Lightank is run away with SoS :D

You must not have played against any decent minstrels... admittedly they are always close fights but usually the DDs pop up just in time to finish me off. Minstrels can: stun me, which I can purge, DD whilst their pet is hitting/casting pbae or whatever and still hit with amethyst slash... then stun me again which I can't purge this time and DD some more...

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Welcome Kallisti

as you can see we have mids / hippies trolling here too ;)

your maps rock :clap:

Kallisti

Fledgling Freddie
Celery said:
Welcome Kallisti !

We're known as Mincers over here, remember ? :D

Yes I'm aware of that and notice I havn't complained, unlike when its mentioned ont he US boards :D

Makes me think we are the Kenneth Williams class of Daoc.. "Oh Matron!" :worthy:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sigurd said:
You must not have played against any decent minstrels... admittedly they are always close fights but usually the DDs pop up just in time to finish me off. Minstrels can: stun me, which I can purge, DD whilst their pet is hitting/casting pbae or whatever and still hit with amethyst slash... then stun me again which I can't purge this time and DD some more...

when I was DW I hammered minstrels in duels...

now I'm s/s it's a bit closer but I still win...

Maybe it's:

Buffed minstrel versus unbuffed blademaster that's the problem.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Kallisti said:
Lol Emma some good SS in that thread :)
I like the one of GG attacking Bled - however that, I believe, was a GM event and nothing to do with Minstrels. I did try charming GG once and got squished immediatly after :D
GG on Bled wasn't a GM event, it was purely a spur of the moment player run thing. A bunch of us decided to kite him there for a laugh and hope the Albs that were defending it at the time attacked him. A few of them couldn't resist.

I reckon more mids were killed getting him there than albs at the keep but it was well worth it.

Sigurd

Banned
More likely to be Shar Piercemaster :p that problem is being solved though, got my respec stone now - blunt all the way :D

Kallisti

Fledgling Freddie
Pogel said:
GG on Bled wasn't a GM event, it was purely a spur of the moment player run thing. A bunch of us decided to kite him there for a laugh and hope the Albs that were defending it at the time attacked him. A few of them couldn't resist.

I reckon more mids were killed getting him there than albs at the keep but it was well worth it.

Ha ha thats even funnier, mad props to the mids then :)

StormriderX

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:

Been a while since I played but unless there was a big change to det (or mincer stun), having det 4 meant crappy mincer stun lasted like 2seconds at best which is nothing...

Sigurd

Banned
StormriderX said:
Been a while since I played but unless there was a big change to det (or mincer stun), having det 4 meant crappy mincer stun lasted like 2seconds at best which is nothing...

I have Det 4... it lasted about 3/4 secs on me I'd say, either way it gives Mr. Minstrel some free time hitting at me and waiting for his low DD timer. Point is this class is pretty overpowered, I mean... I used to own with my minstrel before they got any love, I never understood why they bothered improving them even more...

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
minstrel on itself is not overpowered
teamed with an infil they are deadly

a skilled player makes mincer look overpowered

same applies to a lot of classes

(ever been kited by redb? :p)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Hi. Now suggest taking the stealth off from mincers when they are grping and there's less problem of Alb stealth zergs. :worthy:

Kallisti

Fledgling Freddie
Omg please not this old crap again!

Let me repost something I wrote on the VN Alb Rogue boards a while ago...

Let me reiterate a few things Mythic put in the design:
1) Minstrels are rogue class
2) Rogue classes have stealth
3) No class has had a specline taken away in the history of the game so ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

The realms have differnt advnatages - hibs get an extra healing class, mids and extra melee class and Albs an extra stelather class. Thats just the way it is and I will not be arguing to have stelth removed from Minstrels coz its a dead horse as far as Mythic are concerned.

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
4) Rouges have CC
5) Rouges have (will get) healing RA, Amorating Melodies. :eek6:

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
6) Etc.

And btw, there is a difference between having an advantage than beeing superior.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Please don't turn this into a regular "Have-a-go-at-the-TL-thread" such as the many on VN please. :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
afaik you will see loads of whines-flames here, hib-mid stealthers generaly (speaking as an ns, its bullshit that mincers got loads of utility + stealth, but nm :p) hate mincers as albs hate svges-chanters. Both of these classes mentioned earlier got nerfed in someway or another [baod+debuff nerf or quad-triple bug, hp buffs bug is fixed]tho + got counterparts in the other realms in someway.... but nothing like utility class + stealth in the other 2 realm at all and iam not not sure mincer got nerfed xD

i wish you luck, it is one of the finest classes ingame due to the universal nature of it (solo - stealth grp - ordinary grp, mezz-speed-INSTANTstun-INSTANTabla-sos-ap-ip-chain armor-climbwalls-evade-dd's-hpsong-demezz-charm-stealth).

:clap:

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Kallisti said:
Hi all

You'll have probably seen my ToA maps and maybe my movies...

hi there,

welcome and thanks alot for the great maps as they are a huge help for many people here.

:bazbeer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom