Is it worth playing again?

Adari

Part of the furniture
Hello,

In my limited spare time I have been playing a bit of Elder Scrolls Online, which is... fun but not comparable to the memories I have of daoc. I noticed that the population of (official) daoc is still strong. I am considering resubbing, but I'd like to know if a) leveling is faster now, in case I would want to start from scratch, and b) is it possible to get rvr-worthy equipment easily/solo? I just don;t have to time or patience to do endless group pve for stuff. Really do want to play again though, probably stealther or something self-sufficient like skald.

Love to hear from you. ;)

Adari

Part of the furniture
I forget one question: are buffbots still needed? Thatd be resubbing two accounts..

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think the vast majority of the former DAOC community would say no, it's not worth it anymore.

What is worth it though, is keeping an eye out for Uthgard, which is a Freeshards server which is due to come out in the next 6 months, it's completely classic and should attract 1k players or so.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes buffbots are still needed

No its not worth renewing because the people running DAOC at the moment are essentially just dicking around with it rather than making actually changes that would impact the population (basically they just keep rehashing old dungeons which isn't really saying "come play daoc again!" to players) - what they need to do is add new features, new classes, change shit that people have been saying is broken for months/years etc but they don't and likely won't (because broadsword know best apparently)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
They gotta start somewhere i guess, and i rather see them get some practice in with useless crap like that then do a total and possibly irreversible fuckup on something that actually matters.

But then again we don't even know if they have the manpower or budget to actually do something major to begin with. After all it's still EA pulling the strings...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well I renewed for a month to check it out, what little I have played - mornings at weekend was fun. Money is much easier to get now but everything is damned expensive as a result. Re-templating a scout right now and the cost for even a half decent setup is 200p. You can go to the realm leader (King in Camelot) and get a free set of armour which is pretty decent and can get you started off.

See quite a few old faces in game so people seem to be trying it out. Done a few DF runs to get the sweet new stuff there. Need a BG and just keep repeating quests to get the gems. Need to do about 40-50 runs to get everything I want :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im tempted, is the LFG thing in yet and is it a pile of old toss or not ?

Adari

Part of the furniture
I apparently have 7 free days. Have logged in to check it out, but it is just a bit overwhelming. Cant for the life of me remember my binds, skills, anything really. Might just make a skald for bg's.

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey Adari ;)

I've been playing on and off, don't resub or anything, I'll just create a new trial account and level up for Thid whenever I get the urge, you can get to 24 within an a couple of hours, maybe less. If you level up in the lower BGs with the repeatable quests it's quick and you get BP to buy vendor gear :) it can be fun occasionally!

Adari

Part of the furniture
Thanks for all the responses, upon which I actually decided to resub ultima online instead, which has been a lot of fun!

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
wouldnt go back to 8v8 but the stealther scene is worth it hard work tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom