say it properly

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
im getting well pissed off with how newsreaders in UK pronounce the name Nicholas Sarkozy... in a french accent. Nicola Sar ko zeee.... FUCK off will ya.
its Nicholas Sar Cosy. We aint french so stop saying his name like that you fucking idiots, we know he is french.

I noticed the Fukushima power plants name got changed as well.. was once FUCK A SHIMA.. now its FUK USHIMA.

whats next? having to say Wayne Rooney in a scouse accent everytime he's in the news? or Billy Connolly in a husky Glaswegian accent?

bollocks to it

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Newsreaders also make a point of saying "an historic" with a particularly strong "an". Whilst I suppose "an" would be right before an "h" from silent H times, they still pronounce the "an" and the "h" strongly. Sounds stupid.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
whats next? The BBC 10 o'clock news....presented by the Chuckle Brothers...

TBH can't say its ever bothered me. I really don't want to see our flagship BBC 10 o clock news dumbed down US Micky Mouse style. Thats what Sky News is for.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah and did you know the French don't call their country France.
I mean I was like 30 before I knew that country names are in the ear of the listener.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
For fuck sake, I just tripped up the stairs

Fucking BBC bastards.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yes cos being badly educated and ignorant is the new cool

fucking pathetic

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Do you pronounce Renault with a silent "t"? You do? Well shut up then.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Pile of shit wouldn't work with a silent T

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
isn't the correct pronounciation "fukushma"? - all one syllable and drop the "i"??

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They are saying it properly. What an ignorant post by the op.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
im getting well pissed off with how newsreaders in UK pronounce the name Nicholas Sarkozy... in a french accent. Nicola Sar ko zeee.... FUCK off will ya.
its Nicholas Sar Cosy. We aint french so stop saying his name like that you fucking idiots, we know he is french.

I noticed the Fukushima power plants name got changed as well.. was once FUCK A SHIMA.. now its FUK USHIMA.

whats next? having to say Wayne Rooney in a scouse accent everytime he's in the news? or Billy Connolly in a husky Glaswegian accent?

bollocks to it

Besides the futile ignorant rant, what is this "well pissed off"? Is it some water well that you pissed in? our out of? I'm pretty sure that's not proper UK English (notice the correct use of proper here). Something along the likes of "rather pissed off" or "very pissed off" would fit better here.
Q.E.D.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh, I hadn't noticed that Ingaf. Maybe the original post and the title were a bad attempt at irony?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Besides the futile ignorant rant, what is this "well pissed off"? Is it some water well that you pissed in? our out of? I'm pretty sure that's not proper UK English (notice the correct use of proper here). Something along the likes of "rather pissed off" or "very pissed off" would fit better here.
Q.E.D.

Actually, it is proper English. "He was well happy with the result" Its a regional thing.

old.user4556

This thread has decended into condescending, self righteous aids. Good 'old FH style ;).

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Actually, it is proper English. "He was well happy with the result" Its a regional thing.

Something being "a regional thing" doesn't make it proper English. Don't think "innit" can be found in the merriam-webster or oxford whatever your preference, yet it's a well-imbued regional saying.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sorry I can't resist someone telling you something is or isn't proper English or grammar is the equivalent of them telling you you should wear flares this summer

Ezteq

Queen of OT
...waits for someone to say pacifically instead of spacifically and ignite my pronounciation rage; but until then I shall just enjoy this thread taking a spiraling dive into madness and anger from my sofa with a white fluffy blanky wrapped round me *snuggle*

old.user4556

I've met some very intelligent people in my life who have the worst grammar. I've heard 'pacifically' a lot, does it mean something that's related to the Pacific Ocean?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
haha yeah 'pacifically designed to enhance your posture' Fucking What??? If I sit in the ocean I won't get a bad back??? OR do you mean SPecifically as in designed for an actual purpose?!!

...omg you set me off, dammit!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom